The Filipino Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] TFG Kris Kringle 2012

Comments Showing 1-50 of 200 (200 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Tina (last edited Nov 11, 2012 05:52AM) (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Hohoho! Okay, this is it, our 2012 Kris Kringle thread! Yay! 'tis the season of giving, wee!

Okay, rules/mechanics of our exchange gift:

1. This Kris Kringle is for our Christmas party, which will be on December 15, 2012 (click the link for more details). Everyone who's going to the party will be able to take part of the Kris Kringle.

Can I go to the party without joining the Kris Kringle?
- Yes, pwede naman. Pero sayang naman. So sali ka na! :D

2. Please make sure you will be present at the Christmas party if you're joining the Kris Kringle. So if you're not completely sure of your attendance, please don't sign up for the exchange gift yet.

3. But what if something comes up and I suddenly can't go, even if I have already said yes and confirmed with the Kris Kringle? If that's the case, though, we'd like you to find a way to send the gift to whoever is going to the party. And we'll make sure your gift will be sent/given to you too (preferably on a the next face to face meet-up :D)

4. If you're joining the Kris Kringle, then post your wish list below! Your book wish list should contain the top 5-7 books you want to receive that cost from Php300-Php500, and are available in local bookstores. Please don't make it hard for your mommy/daddy to look for your book! :)

If the book you really, really want is not here, you can put a note that it can be ordered via Book Depository or somewhere. Bigay ka na lang ng guarantee sa baby nyo na inorder nyo na yun at parating na. :) Gawan ng paraan ang pagkuha ng shipping address. :)

5. Once your wish list is posted, please refrain on buying the book for yourself if you suddenly see it somewhere. Kasi what if your mommy/daddy already bought the book before you? So, let's do our mommies/daddies a favor and restrain from doing book shopping for the books that we have listed. :) Pwedeng magparinig sa thread to your mommy and daddy if you found a copy of the book you want para sila bumili though. :D

6. Finally, if you're shopping for gifts for everyone else who is not your baby, please refrain from getting any of the books on the lists here parang di mag-doble yung makuha. Of course, you can always connive with the mommy/daddy (kung malaman nyo) para hindi kayo magkapareho ng gift. :)

If you're game, then please sign up in this thread until November 19, 2012 (that's two days after our F2F11 -- for the sake of the newbies who we will meet for the first time), and post your wish list, too. You'll get to know your babies by November 20. :) We'll have a running list of people who will participate in the next post.

To everyone who's joining, please post your wish list in this thread by November 30. Just so your mommies/daddies will have time to look for your gift. :)

Hohoho. Merry Christmas! :)

message 2: by Tina (last edited Dec 11, 2012 10:39PM) (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments TFG Kris Kringle Participants (click the names to go to their wish list!):

1. Tina
2. Tricia
3. Angus
4. Aaron
5. Louize
6. Blue
7. Kwesi
8. Patrick
9. Alona
10. Bennard
11. Lynai
12. Cary
13. Monique
14. Ranee
15. Celina
16. Maria
17. Ella
18. Veronica
19. JL
20. Ingrid
21. Aenna
22. Paulyn
23. Rollie
24. Jeneroso
25. Sheryl
26. Chika
27. Rhena
28. Aldrin
29. Po
30. Biena
31. javiruchi
32. Phoebe
33. Mavic

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments ~me~

message 4: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Mememe!

message 5: by Aaron Vincent (new)

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments 4. Aaron

message 6: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments 5. Ako din!

message 7: by Alexa (last edited Nov 06, 2012 04:54AM) (new)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments 6. Memememememe too!
(view spoiler)

message 8: by Angus (last edited Nov 24, 2012 08:06PM) (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Here's my wishlist, in order of preference:

1. The Fish Can Sing by Halldór Kiljan Laxness
(By Halldor Laxness. Available at FB Gateway. The copy at FB High Street is dirty. Not that one please.)
2. All the Names by José Saramago
(By Jose Saramago. Not sure if this easy to find. I don't mind a different edition for this.)
3. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
(By Gustave Flaubert. Translated by Lydia Davis. Exact edition please.)
4. An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
(By Kazuo Ishiguro. Exact edition please.)
5. The Stone Raft by José Saramago
(By Jose Saramago. Available at most NBS branches)
6. The Elephant's Journey by José Saramago
(By Jose Saramago. Might be pricey.)

If you are not my Mommy/Daddy but you love me so much (wahaha!), you can check my ambitious wishlist shelf. It's always updated. As a matter of fact, I'll be updating it again after I post this. :D

kwesi 章英狮 (kwesifriends) | 2752 comments 7. Kwesi

message 10: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Angus, meron ako nung England, England; pero di ko pa nabasa e. Pwede bang sa February na lang, Valentine naman. Loves mo din naman ako di ba?

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Updated list! Hihi Blue ang cute nung gif! :D May badgers!!!

message 12: by Angus (new)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Miss Louize: Yehey! Sige, hindi ko na bibilhin yun. Gusto ko mga pre-owned, read and (hopefully) loved. :)

message 13: by twstrfries (new)

twstrfries | 231 comments 9. Alona

message 14: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Tina, may concern pala ako. I want to go to the Christmas party and join this but pending pa ang leave ko for that day (also kamusta the effort kung may pasok pa ako ng morning haha). If ever, sali pa din ako ha!

message 15: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 730 comments 10. Bennard!:D

message 16: by Lynai (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments AKO! Sasali ako! ;)

message 17: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments of course sali ako!!

message 18: by Tina (last edited Nov 06, 2012 06:43AM) (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Tricia: kung di ka man makapunta or makahabol, basta mapadala mo yung gift mo to someone. Tapos ipapadala na lang din yung gift sayo. :) Pero sana makasama ka!

Narealize ko lang: ang dami kong kelangan tanggalin sa wish list ko. Makaikot nga ng Fully Booked bukas.

message 19: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments pwedeng pang #14: Me!

message 20: by Celina (new)

Celina (celinabac) | 67 comments Sali din ako please!:)

message 21: by Monique (last edited Nov 06, 2012 06:20PM) (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Will post wish list later! :D

My Christmas Wish List (in no particular order!):

(1) The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes
(2) The History of Love by Nicola Krauss
(3) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
(4) I, Claudius by Robert Graves
(5) The Litigators by John Grisham
(6) Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
(7) Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

Special request to my mommy/daddy: trade paperback lang po, please? Tenchuuuu. :-*

Oh, and following Buddy's example (ehrm!) and since it's my bbbbbbb-birthday soon (ehrm ulit!) you can check out my wish list shelf, too. CLICKY!

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasm) | 2441 comments Yay! Count me in!

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Added you girls! (RANEE - talagang # 14 kita nilagay)

Feel free to post your wish list here na! :)

message 24: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments @Tina: Yep, if ever na di lang maapprove, I'll ship it nalang :)) pero hindi, sasama ako. Kailangan ko magleave hahaha

Wait, wala pa akong wishlist! To follow na :))

message 25: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Monique! Gusto ko din yang books #1-4 haha!

message 26: by Lynai (last edited Nov 22, 2012 11:13PM) (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments My Christmas Wishlist, in the order of preference:

1)The History of Love
2)Why We Broke Up
4)One Day
3)The Night Circus
4)Tall Story
5)The Casual Vacancy

OR these Mina V. Esguerra books, in print:
No Strings Attached
My Imaginary Ex
That Kind of Guy

OR these local books:
It's A Mens World
Desaparesidos
Para Kay B

P.S. You can also check out my wishlist shelf here.

Thank you! :)

message 27: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments TRICIA: Put them on your wish list na! Heeee :D

message 28: by Maria Ella (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments Sali! :) will post the wish-list soon. :)

message 29: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Ella: added!

Lynai/Monique: yung wish list nyo ang tumutulong sa wish list ko. Cleaning out my shelf! :D

message 30: by Monique (new)

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments TINA: You're giving away your books to us? Weeeeee! Haha. :D

I think I'll go on a book-buying ban until after Christmas. *clicks heels together*

message 31: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Monique wrote: "TINA: You're giving away your books to us? Weeeeee! Haha. :D

I think I'll go on a book-buying ban until after Christmas. *clicks heels together*"

Hahaha! I am cleaning out my wish list shelf, I mean. =D But I will clean out actual shelf before Christmas party din. :)

Haha I am going on a ban right now. (I'm broke until payday din, soooo. Haha :D)

message 32: by Cary (new)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments dito din ba ipopost ang wish list?

message 33: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Cary: yep yep, dito rin. :) Top 5-7 books you want to receive from your mommy/daddy :)

message 34: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Tina's wishlist! (In no particular order :D)

1. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (the purple/UK edition, please! :D)
2. number9dream by David Mitchell (I saw the edition I want in Fully Booked Katipunan :D Hihi)
3. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
4. Home by Marilynne Robinson
5. Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto
6. In the Woods by Tana French
7. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu

And of course, here's the rest of the wishlist shelf. :D

message 35: by Tricia (last edited Nov 12, 2012 02:07AM) (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Lynai, I have an e-book copy of Penumbra :)) (well if you still want the actual book, go! It's a good book)

Tricia's Christmas Wishlist

1. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller The Song of Achilles by Madelein Miller
2. Stoner by John Edward Williams Stoner by John Williams
3. Asleep in the Sun by Adolfo Bioy Casares Asleep in the Sun by Adolfo Casares
4. Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon
5. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
6. The Death-Ray by Daniel Clowes The Death-Ray by Daniel Clowes (graphic novel)
7. Stardust by Neil Gaiman Stardust by Neil Gaiman (graphic novel) - I know someone who is selling his copy for P500. I'll give the contact details niya kung ito ibibigay. HAHAHA eto nalang :)))))))

Request: all in TPB. And if ever lumagpas sa price range for the gift, dagdagan ko nalang :)

message 36: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments I love it that people are wanting Nicole Krauss' History of Love! <3 that book is special for me hehe

message 37: by Louize (last edited Nov 17, 2012 08:54AM) (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Here's my wishlist .
Choose any from the first 10 on my list. Thanks much!

message 38: by Lynai (last edited Nov 07, 2012 12:03AM) (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments TRICIA: I am okay with an ebook! Actually, Louize already sent me an ebook of Wish #5 (YAY, THANK YOU!!!)so I might as well edit my wishlist. BUT, my top 3 books still stands! :D Will edit tonight! :)

TINA: Do you prefer a brand new copy for Home? I see copies of that in BS here. ;)

message 39: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Awww, I giveaway my copy of John Connoly's Nocturnes!

message 40: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Tricia wrote: "Awww, I giveaway my copy of John Connoly's Nocturnes!"

Aw! :(

message 41: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 734 comments Tina, sali ako! :)

FYI, may warehouse sale sa NBS Crossing from Nov. 15-18. Up to 80% discount! Hehe

message 42: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Lynai: Nope, I don't mind secondhand copies. :D

Veronica: Added. And eep! Haha paano na ang book ban? (Pero I can go there para mag-gift shopping. Hmmmmm. :D)

message 43: by Maria Ella (new)

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments (SO... kapag mabunot ko si Lynai I have to let go of the UK version of the night circus...? Hihihihi)

Okidoks. Maglilinis ng wish-list shelf mamaya at nang maipost ko na rin. :)

message 44: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments ella, is that the version you lent me?

message 45: by JL (new)

JL Torres (jltorres) | 137 comments pasali po :)

message 46: by Lynai (new)

Lynai | 1188 comments ELLA: That is, if you want to let go of it. But you can buy the paperback if ever. ;)

TINA: Will text you if I ever I chance on a copy? Which do you prefer: paperback or hardbound?

message 47: by Bennard (new)

Bennard | 730 comments Tricia wrote: "I love it that people are wanting Nicole Krauss' History of Love! <3 that book is special for me hehe"

I am glad too! That book has so many feels.:>

message 48: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Lynai: paperback is fine. :) Paperback din yung Gilead ko. Hihi thanks =D

JL: Added!

message 49: by Ranee (new)

Ranee | 1902 comments Tina wrote: "Added you girls! (RANEE - talagang # 14 kita nilagay)

Feel free to post your wish list here na! :)"

yipee! thanks Tina, favorite number ko ang 14. hehehe.
went to Fully booked, hunting for a wishlist... will go hunt some more...

message 50: by Ingrid (last edited Nov 24, 2012 09:19PM) (new)

Ingrid (gridni) | 601 comments Sali din :)

Wishliist! (in no particular order)

1. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
2. How They Met, and Other Stories
3. Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances
4. Flipped (not the movie tie-in edition please)
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door
6. Super Sad True Love Story

TPB please :)
Thank you mommy/daddy!
:D

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.