Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Recommendations

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahJF1984) | 131 comments Hi all, over the last 2 or 3 days I have noticed that in my recommendations there seems to be some kind of bug. I am getting recommendations and they are updating regularly enough, but the recommendations are books I have already added. For example The Hobbit - it comes up under my 'Children's Literature' shelf and is already marked as 'read' and has my rating of 5 stars under it. This is not the only book, there's about 15 and 'Children's Literature' is not the only shelf effected. Why am I being recommended books I have already marked as 'read' or 'to read'? Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Hi all, over the last 2 or 3 days I have noticed that in my recommendations there seems to be some kind of bug. I am getting recommendations and they are updating regularly enough, but the recommen..."

Hey, Sarah. That's actually an issue we're aware of - it's on our list to fix.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahJF1984) | 131 comments Ok, thanks. I checked but couldn't find a thread that seemed to match the problem.

message 4: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 2048 comments You couldn't find the thread because recommendations has been broken for a long time. If I recall correctly, six months or more. I guess we stopped complaining.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahJF1984) | 131 comments Riiight. I guess it only just started effecting me. Wonder why it's taken over 6 months to fix?

message 6: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Emily | 2115 comments Mod
We just fixed this bug. I'm really sorry about the wait!

message 7: by Anne-Marte (new)

Anne-Marte Hi, My recommendations aren´t showing. it only says " wait while we generate recommendations. this might take a few minutes". But it´s never done.. it just keeps showing that message..

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1784 comments I guess my bug where the shelf recommendations are in random order is a different bug, then.

message 9: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jan 15, 2013 11:07AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) Susanna wrote: "I guess my bug where the shelf recommendations are in random order is a different bug, then."

The shelves on my recommendation list are in alphabetical order. However, my exclusive shelves are not included. It's probably OK for me, because I don't think I have any books that are only on a single shelf, but others might and would want them.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1784 comments None of my shelves are in alphabetical order, though they used to be.

message 11: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Anne-Marte, I just refreshed your recommendations. Does that seem to make a difference?

Susanna, that is a different bug. We have a ticket for that open now. I'm sorry about the wait!

message 12: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jan 15, 2013 11:30AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) Emily wrote: "Anne-Marte, I just refreshed your recommendations. Does that seem to make a difference?

Susanna, that is a different bug. We have a ticket for that open now. I'm sorry about the wait!"

Do you have a ticket for not all shelves being included? I used to have them all, but since the update, the exclusive shelves are excluded. (I think some others are as well, but I haven't compared the list.)

message 13: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Elizabeth, I don't remember seeing this issue before. Did you report it in another feedback topic?

Elizabeth (Alaska) Emily wrote: "Elizabeth, I don't remember seeing this issue before. Did you report it in another feedback topic?"

I thought I had seen it, but no, I haven't reported it. I'll start a topic so you can reference it in the ticket. Thanks, Emily.

message 15: by Sanja (new)

Sanja Seljan | 2 comments Hello, I registered this morning and rated more than 100 books and my recommendations don't work.
At first I had only 20 books in read section, but recommendations didn't work then either.
Please reset them for me, as I've seen you did with several users.
Thank you!

message 16: by Emily, Director of Customer Care (new)

Sanja, I refreshed your recommendations.

message 17: by Sanja (new)

Sanja Seljan | 2 comments Got them! Thank you!