Crazy People of the World! discussion

Crazyness > Sarah's Rant About Thanksgiving

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

Sarah (Sarah1324) | 1078 comments Mod
I am about to have a very heartfelt rant about Thanksgiving so yeah. Prepare yourself people. There is a very good reason I am a part of this group.

Okay so it's November, right, and I am really excited for Thanksgiving. I love mashed potatoes. But anyway, I always feel the Christmas always outshines Thanksgiving. Like what the fudge man? I love Christmas and all but seriously, Thanksgiving is a really overlooked holiday I think.

It is still November and there are already Christmas decorations in the stores (in Hallmark they have been up since JULY!) Also, has anyone heard of a Thanksgiving tree? No. How about a Thanksgiving carol? No. Hello people? What has happened to Thanksgiving people?!

Okay. I'm all done now.

message 2: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
I agree. I mean, Christmas is equally important, but let's celebrate Thanksgiving BEFORE Christmas "officially" begins.

message 3: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

Exactly! The only place Christmas should come before Thanksgiving is in the dictionary. They should also give us a Thanksgiving Break that is just as long as Winter Break. Thanksgiving should be treated equally to Christmas.

message 4: by Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~, RANDOM DANCE PARTY FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!! (new)

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ | 1358 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "I am about to have a very heartfelt rant about Thanksgiving so yeah. Prepare yourself people. There is a very good reason I am a part of this group.

Okay so it's November, right, and I am really e..."

Thanks Giving is my favorite, and I HATE THAT NONE ELESE LIKES IT!!!!

message 5: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Oh, I love Thanksgiving too!

message 6: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

I like all holidays but Thanksgiving is especially good because you get to eat lots of good food.

message 7: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 4016 comments Mod
I love thanksgiving!
I hate how the stores already have Christmas decorations -_- it's stupid.
The only point of thanksgiving is Black Friday the next day.
It's sad.

message 8: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

I know right! It's so stupid. Halloween was a few days ago and you are already selling your Christmas trees and playing holiday songs on the radio! It isn't even December!

message 9: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Yes!

message 10: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰Chaos Walking⊱ wrote: "I love thanksgiving!
I hate how the stores already have Christmas decorations -_- it's stupid.
The only point of thanksgiving is Black Friday the next day.
It's sad."

It seems like all it's become is a marketing scheme. It's not even celebrated for the right reason.

message 11: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Yeahhhh!!!!

message 12: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

Thanksgiving is a holiday to celebrate what you are thankful for (as well as stuff yourself with mashed potatoes). But it isa time to be grateful what you have!

message 13: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 172 comments I think the reason nobody cares about thanksgiving is, unlike Christmas, people don't buy a ton of stuff, therefore bigger companies don't care about advertising. They shove Christmas down your throat because, hey, more money for them. BUY THIS NO BUY THAT ALSO BUY THIS ALSO YOU CAN SAVE ALL THE THINGS IF YOU DO THIS TOO ALSO ADS ADS ADS ADS AND YOU'RE SAVING WHATEVER PERCENT OFF YAAAAAY

Also, Thanksgiving may as well just become Turkey Day. It's what everyone calls it already. :/

message 14: by Kamryn! :) (new)

Kamryn! :) (Kamryn14) | 89 comments Yeah!! i agree with Sarah! that's is totally right. I mean why would you put of Christmas stuff when its not even Christmas. Instead of trying to figure out what your going to do for Christmas figure out what you are going to do for Thanksgiving and BE THANKFUL for what you have!!

message 15: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

Well said, Kamy. Well said.

message 16: by Kamryn! :) (new)

Kamryn! :) (Kamryn14) | 89 comments Thanks!!

message 17: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

Anytime. I am very excoted for Thanksgiving tomorrow!

message 18: by Kamryn! :) (new)

Kamryn! :) (Kamryn14) | 89 comments Me too I can't wait for somebody to say Dig In!haha

message 19: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

YES!!

message 20: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 1183 comments May I make a few points about Christmas vs. Thanksgiving Break?

At least for my areas public schools (where I go) it's that long for Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanza all of which (except Christmas) are multiday events. My school gives enough time for the beginning of each and the end of, I believe, Chanukah.

Thanksgiving is only in one culture and nearly everyone in the US of A celebrates it as only one day instead of a series of multiday events from different culture.

If Christmas was the only celebration around that time it would probably only be one week long tops.

Oh and as it is Thanksgiving right now I do say I enjoy it.

message 21: by Sarah, (SEMI) relief mod (Charlie's BFFL!!) (new)

This year, our Winter Break is like less than two weeks long. We will be in school three days before Christmas! Like what the fudge people?!

message 22: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 172 comments Probably is for mine too… Sarah, do you live in Chicago? My winter break is shortened because of the CPS teacher strike…

message 23: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Sarah wrote: "This year, our Winter Break is like less than two weeks long. We will be in school three days before Christmas! Like what the fudge people?!"

My break is that long every year.
Oh and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

message 24: by Kamryn! :) (new)

Kamryn! :) (Kamryn14) | 89 comments I hope everybody had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!!!