Holy Bible: King James Version Holy Bible question

Woman was formed from the limb of man. This phrase is often misunderstood and women are ill treated by men of the society. What is your take on that?
Meryl Meryl Nov 05, 2012 10:34AM
Woman was made to complement man. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that woman is a subordinate to man. There are so many women who have brought many to God and yet this male domination continues. .

Lilith was also originally in the book of genesis. She was the first female god made for Adam, she was made of the dust, and placed by his side. When she expected to be treated as equal to Adam, god became angry and threw her out of eden, cursing her to be a demon. God then made eve, and made her to be subordinate to Adam, not equal, which is why she was made of his rib, not of the dust like him.

Shanna (last edited Jan 06, 2013 12:55AM ) Jan 06, 2013 12:47AM   1 vote
Genesis 3:16

Romans 1:27

Corinthians 11:3 11:8 11:9 14:34-35

Ephesians 5:22-24 5:33

All passages that require the subordination of women to men, not including the incidences of treating women like property ie: selling them into slavery or to husbands, pimping them to others to save the skin of a man or angels or the taking of virgin girls as war booty...

Timothy 2:11-12 2:14-15

Titus 2:4-5

Peter 3:1 3:2-6 3:7

Jesus certainly had a great respect for women. Who was at the well in Samaria? A woman; He discussed with her deep theological concepts, and even His disciples wondered why He was talking with her. [John 4:1-42] Who washed the master's feet with oil? A woman, Mary Magdalene, who travelled with Him and His disciples and was with Him at the cross when He said, "It is finished." Who was the first to witness His resurrection? A woman, again Mary. [Mark 16:9]

Paul said in Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." If our relationships are firmly anchored in Christ, then Love will guide husbands and wives to respect and submit to His will.

Casey (last edited Nov 11, 2012 01:10PM ) Nov 11, 2012 01:08PM   0 votes
While women and men do have different roles in life, neither is at all subordinate to the other. I have a hard time going with the belief that men should make the hard decisions because women are incapable of making those decisions themselves. While the man is the head of the household, every decision he makes needs to be run by and debated with the wife.

Without the man, the woman is incomplete, and it is the same the other way around. Behind every great man is a great woman. I know that's not exactly how that quote goes but it's pretty close.

This also means that a strong single woman deserves the same amount of respect as a strong single man, although in today's world that doesn't happen nearly as much as it should.

And I am not trying to say anything against homosexuals. While I disagree with the practice, they are who they are and I really don't think it is anybody's place to tell them that they are going to hell because they were born differently. That's not something I think our God would ever do; judge someone based on a feeling that is out of their control, I mean.

Woman is not to be subservient to man. That is a total misreading by uninformed people who are unfamiliar with the Bible. Lilith is mentioned nowhere in the Bible or in excluded books of the Bible. But, Cain and Abel each had a twin sister. This is also another cause of friction between the two. They are mentioned in the Forgotten Books of Eden.

Maria Not subservient. Just 'in submission' - the Bible says it. Much to the chagrin of the feministas. It really does. Just like it says that men who lie w ...more
Aug 05, 2014 06:49PM

Shut up and bake me a pie.

Maria Ha! Love it!
Aug 05, 2014 06:47PM

1 Corinthians 11:3 - God is the head of Christ. Christ is the head of man. Man is the head of woman. Sorry, feministas, that's what it says.

Meryl wrote: "Woman was made to complement man. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that woman is a subordinate to man. There are so many women who have brought many to God and yet this male domination continues. ."

God created woman because it's not good that man be alone.Woman is the key and locked within her is the power of agreement to change,his,her,their,and the world.That is why she was made physically smaller.It is a wise man not to look at physical strength but to be a priest that brings her to God and God to her loving her as Christ loves the church.Giving himself for it/her. Male dominance in marriage is the lowest form of man(physical)add the soul(Mind ,will emotions)and your only 2/3 there,Spirit completes the love affair with each other and God.

Men and women are equal creations of God.

Jesus referred to Himself as the groom and the church (both male and female) as the bride. He gave His life for His bride. We are to be submissive to Christ as the wife is to be towards her husband. Husbands are to love and give themselves to their brides.

Women in those days were considered less than cattle; Jesus elevated their status. Christianity was the only religion to do this. To say the Bible is sexist is wrong in every way. I'm not saying this is always intentional but it is wrong none-the-less.

Jesus is open to all who will receive Him and when it comes to salvation, there is no male or female, bond or free, etc. Submission does not mean doormat.

I would highly recommend reading a couple of Theological dictionaries, Bible handbooks, or other study materials.

I also think it is important to decide if the Bible is the inerrant Word of God or not. It is either right or wrong. If you believe it is in error, there is no point arguing over content (no one is arguing over Bigfoot, Santa or the tooth fairy). If you believe it is inerrant, you must accept what it says. If there is one error, there are bound to be others; therefore, we can't know what is right and what is wrong and should discard the whole. If God says lying, adultery, etc., are wrong, they're wrong. We do not have the liberty of choosing what to accept or not. If God is who He says He is, we accept Him or reject Him. If we reject Him, we wouldn't want to spend eternity with Him anyway.

I think it means that they are apart of us as much as we are apart of them, ya know? Like I think of it as a homosexual thing, GOD made Eve for Adam, he didn't make another man... so I say that you can't be a homosexual chirstian, it says that you will not recive his kingdom if you a homosexual, I can't think of the verse but if need be I will find it! Men are supposed to dominate woman, not fully, but it says that when we marry ( woman ) we are supposed to submit, not like cater to their every need, but they are supposed to make all the big decisons, with your input, but the Bible says that they are the leader of the household... so that's my take on it..

I don't think man or women were created by God and I definately don't think that women were supposed to submit to men. I think this was all a big made up story be powerful men hundreds of years ago in the hope to suppress women and they have managed to achieve it surprisingly, although the times they are a changing for women and for homosexuals that should be allowed to be married just like other couples. I am straight but I say to all those who say a man can't marry a man who the hell are you to judge another person?

I thought the Bible stated that woman was created from the rib of man, not the limb? (God took one of Adams ribs and created Eve). This is how religion explains the fact that men have one fewer rib than women.

Miles (last edited Jan 07, 2013 06:31PM ) Dec 23, 2012 01:56PM   0 votes
The story speaks of division. From one is made two. Male and female are separated, and must find union once again - thus the symbolic representation we know as marriage.

From singularity to duality - thus the knowledge of good and evil from a state of delight.

Polarization...just as in a magnet, is a physical law here on earth. In this way, (as symbols) the "feminine" is receptive, the "masculine" is active.

The "man of the house" is the active principle. The "woman of the house" is receptive - again all symbolic and not "sexist" at all.

The emotional nature (source of desire and motivation) must be governed by the mental nature (source of rational thought). This idea has been confused to mean that a woman (wife) must submit to her man (husband) with disastrous results.

Esoterically however, the message is very simple, clear, and beneficial for all, men and women alike. Each one of us must unite our emotional nature with our mental nature. Our desires and motivations must be governed by our rational intelligence.

Make sense?

Meryl wrote: "Woman was made to complement man. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that woman is a subordinate to man. There are so many women who have brought many to God and yet this male domination continues. ." The
male domination in society is reflected in the Jesus story. Yet, the only people who stayed with Jesus until the end were women. The only people to see him when he rose from the dead were the two women he loved most in his life. God made it so a woman brought the anointed one into the world.
I even think, sometimes, that the Gospel writers, all men, considered themselves inferior to these women who were faithful to him.

I do not know why God made the average man physically stronger and larger than the woman. What was his purpose for that? Why was the strength and size of a woman not equal to that of a man? But is it true the name woman comes from the very first expression of the female when she saw Adam? She turned over and said, "Whoa, Man" and Adam replied. "woman, woman, woman..."

All humans are from sperm and egg and develop in a womb. The misunderstanding is trying to take a myth literally. As for inequality, females are generally easier to overpower physically and so tend to be bullied. What the author(s) had in mind regarding the rib story can't be known for absolutely sure. I tend to think of it as an attempt to explain the bond two people share without being directly related.

Woman was formed from the limb of man. Adam was formed first, and from his rib Eve was created. She was taken from his rib- not from below to be subordinate and not from above to dominate but from his rib to be his equal. There are many who would suggest that men are superior to women just because of their gender, but in no way do I think that is correct. Man and Woman are compliments to one another and women are just as loved and respected by God as men are. Any notion is a flaw that man (or woman in certain cases) have placed on religion. In the verses Kasey was looking for (Ephesians 5:22) I think this is an interpretation of Scripture that has been manipulated by man; wives are supposed to submit to their husbands as they are to submit to the Lord. In no way is personal choice taken away from wives. If fact I think there is a hefty burden placed on husbands because they are supposed to be righteous and in tune with our Heavenly Father in their conduct and choices (as if they were the Lord); they are to be that good. Not dominating, not domineering, not disrespectful or limiting. I have heard many sound reasoning among the leaders in my Church as well as among my friends (some who are not of the same religion as myself) that when the husband is not acting righteously and trying his best to do as the Lord would have him do, then a righteous wife has every right to call him out on it and do her best to settle their marriage back into a harmonious (not read as completely agreeing with and do-as-you're-told) relationship. They lead our households but they are also in need of smart, righteously minded women to support them and balance them.
As for the homosexual aspect, I can see where you're coming from Kasey and I agree that homosexual lifestyles are not what God has intended. I think that there are plenty of good Christian homosexuals out there though. I may disagree with their sexual preferences but I still love and respect each one as a son or daughter of God. I feel that He would be disappointed in their choices, but I do not feel that he hates them in any way. That's not how He works.

Shshank (last edited Nov 15, 2012 01:21PM ) Nov 15, 2012 01:20PM   -1 votes
In the beginning there was Lilith (Hindus and Muslims know her as Goddess Kali) who roamed in the jungles eating mammal babies in search for salvation. Lord Shiva then lay in front of her to stop her from killing other beings. As soon as she stepped on Shiva, she realized that Shiva was the one she was looking for, and since that day the man has given respect to the woman. Beings who don't respect a woman are known as animals. I don't think, I firmly believe this!!!

It's a load of bollox, just like the book it was quoted from.

The Bible is a sexist book. A lot of people simply refuse to accept that fact. They want to hold on to what they've been taught and what they've invested in emotionally. The truth will make you free. And in this case, the truth is that the Bible is sexist. People who are aware of what's going on theologically know that there are many, many immoral teachings in the Bible. cf. Bishop Spong, or even CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS!