Book Junkies discussion

Explore Book Genres > Historical Fiction: Admit it...

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha  (theshortone08) ...We all have one historical fiction book we love!
WHich one is yours?

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) Not usually my genre, but (and this is biased) a friend of mine wrote a historical fiction that made the semi-finals in the Amazon 2012 contest, and just got picked up by a publisher...to be released next year. It's a YA historical, Call Me Butterfly, and it's very good!

message 3: by Ansareen (last edited Nov 07, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

Ansareen (ahass35) A Girl Named Eva
Number the Stars

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Faize) | 1090 comments Mod
I don't really like historial fiction, buuuut...

I have a guilty admission: I. LOVE. BLOODY. JACK. I'm on the 8th book in the series right now, and I just LOVE IT!!!!:D

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany McFly (tiffmcfly) I'm not too big on the genre either, but the best I have read in it would probably be The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

I cried.

message 6: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (LittleBeesReads) My favorite is a mix of historical fiction and thriller. The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness. It is a two book series by Caleb Carr. It is based in late 1800, early 1900 New York City. It is a group of people- a forensic psychologist, a couple of detectives who are trying new forensic techniques, and a couple of other people. Each book they are solving specific crimes. They are beautifully written and a "hard to put down" type of book. I read through them very quickly and was very sad when they were over.