Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) Finale discussion

Should I read it?

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Nov 04, 2012 11:14AM) (new) - added it

Samantha The Escapist I`m asking seriously because it seems silly to quit a series at the finish line but I`d like to ask here before I consider reading it because I really really hated Silence AND Crescendo.

Nora has turned into, quite possibly, the stupidest character I`ve ever read and I`m wondering if she got up on the smart side of the bed now that she has a lot more stuff on her plate.

I`m wondering if the series has finally quit talking about mundane lunch dates and stupid teenaged drama - I get that she is a teenager but she can`t afford not to start worrying about the more serious stuff. This is one thing that Twilight actually did well, when your life gets wrapped up in all these serious, epic events why are you really still talking about your grades or your petty rivalries?

Finally do Nora and Patch keep yoyoing and refusing to communicate? Did Fitzpatrick come up with yet another reason for one to doubt the other just so they can get back together again?

Although I appreciate anyone who took the time to read my question and even more so if they write a response, please answer my questions seriously, I'm hoping for people who were also on the fence about reading this book, not the really big fans who loved the two books I didn't like.

Margarita YOu should definately read it!COme on the books weren't that BAD!Just give it a try!All books need exaggerated drama or else it woudn't be a bestseller!

message 3: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary Samantha wrote: "I`m asking seriously because it seems silly to quit a series at the finish line but I`d like to ask here before I consider reading it because I really really hated Silence AND Crescendo.

Nora has ..."

if you feel as if you wasted your money on it-even a little-just get it from the library or borrow it. the more books becca sells, the longer she'll drag it out.

ღIsabellaღ READ IT! It gets better and Nora grows up and matures in this book.

message 5: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie Murphy I almost didn't get through the first book, it paralleled Twilight a little too much for me...but am glad I stuck it out...Am rather anxious to see how it all comes together...

message 6: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Samantha wrote: "I`m asking seriously because it seems silly to quit a series at the finish line but I`d like to ask here before I consider reading it because I really really hated Silence AND Crescendo.

Nora has ..."

Oh, SAME!!! The only reason i am considering reading this one is because of Scotty the hottie! :P

Jennifer Dupriest I think you should read it. I didn't like Silence that much, and I was really hesitant before buying this last Saturday. Honestly I only bought Finale because I was being rushed to pick a book and I didn't have time to read the summaries of other books. I decided to play it safe and pick something I know.
I was hooked on this book since the beginning. The characters and storyline will draw you in.
There are a few fustrating points, but all in all I still liked it.

Samantha The Escapist Margarita wrote: "YOu should definately read it!COme on the books weren't that BAD!Just give it a try!All books need exaggerated drama or else it woudn't be a bestseller!"

Margarita the point is that I did think the other books were that bad lol. It's just my obsessive compulsion that wants me to finish it.

Mary - I have a tough time getting things from the library because then I have a time limit for reading them, usually i like to pick books up and put them down to read from another one for a while. also none of my friends have read the Hush Hush books lol. But don't worry, I already know I won't be spending money on it either way lol, this thread is for the sake of my time :P

message 9: by Talyah (last edited Nov 05, 2012 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Talyah If I were you I'd try my hardest not to buy it. I'm about halfway through and not at all impressed. I was hoping this one would redeem the last one for me, not so. (also, one of my friends on GR posted a spoiler about the end that I don't think I'll like) The only reason I bought it was because my OCD won't allow me to have a series on my shelf unfinished. I wish I could let you borrow mine when I'm done! If you're anything like me you WILL be wanting to pick up another book while reading this one. it's giving me a headache =(

message 10: by Mahz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mahz OMG yes yes yes you guys have to read it, even if you don't think its that good or if you don't want to. this is partly because to finish the saga and that well you guys need to know what happened to Nora & Patch at the end. what is the finale?
Yeah maybe it might be boring in the middle a bit but trust me its really worth it:D

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily I loved Silence much more than this book
Idk for me this storyline was boring, but at the same time you can't put the book down.
This book wasn't written that well, I thought it rambled a lot...
But read it anyways. What have you got to lose?

Samantha The Escapist Maybe I'll get one of the super big fans to tell me everything that happens :P

Still on the fence while I check out Maria V. Snyder's books and I know there's no way Fitzpatrick can hold her own after reading all these, they're really good.

But yes Talyah, if I do read it I won't be paying money to, I'm already hoping to sell my copies of the first three.

Brynne I think that the series was great!! They were definetly well written!! You should read the last book because it has a lot of action!!! And surprises!! Twilight is just a book about having a boyfriend that's a vampire!! No real adventure and action!!! The Hush Hush series is amazing!!!!!! =)

Kasey YESSSS IT IS A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!
LOVE PATCH<3

Brynne I totally agree with you, Kasey!!!!

message 16: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Nov 19, 2012 09:45AM) (new) - added it

Samantha The Escapist Brynne wrote: "I think that the series was great!! They were definetly well written!! You should read the last book because it has a lot of action!!! And surprises!! Twilight is just a book about having a boyfrie..."

Brynne I actually disagree that these books are well written. In fact, I think Twilight may have a little more quality in the writing (though that isn't quite a compliment). I'll just see how I feel when I get to the bottom of my to-read pile I guess since there is an awful lot of fangirling going on on this thread. :P

Emily's comment about liking Silence more is unnerving though, I despised Silence.

Oh though I see Strawberry Fields didn't like Silence either but enjoyed this last one. Lol back to square one.

Thanks everyone who has contributed! There is a bit of good advice in here ^^

Brynne I read Twilight because my friend convinced me to, and there were tons of errors and lots of unrealistic talk for a teenager. I mean, no teenager talks like Bella does in the book. Or some of the other characters. But anyway, I guess that everyone has their own opinions.

Samantha The Escapist Brynne wrote: "I read Twilight because my friend convinced me to, and there were tons of errors and lots of unrealistic talk for a teenager. I mean, no teenager talks like Bella does in the book. Or some of the o..."

Note: I'm not arguing, just responding with my opinion :)

If you mean Bella was unrealistic in her speach because she was too adult for her age then I'd say that me and my friends did speak very much like her. I don't recall her voice very well however and since you didn't clarify your meaning I'm not sure. I don't blame most characters for sounding wrong when the point of the character is for them to be an oddity in their age group. In the case of Clary and Simon from City of Bones, they ARE supposed to sound like teenagers because they're supposed to be fiercly average and that I do judge in those books.

I see just as many errors in Fitzpatrick's writing, though perhaps a little less repetetive (and boring) than Meyers. The biggest errors I see in Fitzpatrick's characters, however, are in behaviour. Nora defies all common sense most of the time and seems fairly emotionally unstable - at least to the point where it should be addressed somehow.

Brynne I know that you're not arguing. Everyone has their opinions. =)

Jools I really enjoyed Finale. The book kept a good pace throughout. Yes Nora is still a teenager and has her Teenage moments, but that is pretty real of any teenager. I think Becca F. rounded off this series very well. I would say it was a much better ending than some other series like Twilight and Fallen.

Brynne Jools wrote: "I really enjoyed Finale. The book kept a good pace throughout. Yes Nora is still a teenager and has her Teenage moments, but that is pretty real of any teenager. I think Becca F. rounded off this s..."

I totally agree with you, Jools!!!! That is exactly what I think!!! =)

Aiyana Leigh Its a must read...it sums up so nicely!

Justine saulnier yeah its awesome

Maria It is a great series you should finish it and it is so worth it!Love, Patch and Nora!

message 25: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Dec 28, 2012 07:27PM) (new) - added it

Samantha The Escapist Okay guys, I've decided not to bother with it for now. In the bookstore today I picked it up and really tried to imagine reading it - and was overwhelmed with the desire to clean the bathroom instead of reading that book.

Thanks all for your time, but I just wanted to mention that an awful lot of you tried to sell me on the book by saying how much the series rocks and offering little else as reasoning. I don't want to be unappreciative but I did say I don't much care for the other books a few times so these comments were hardly persuasive. I was hoping some people might have something to say about what differences or improvements might be present in this one.

Anyway, again thanks all! Perhaps I'll be back with rants when I do get around to it.

Grace there are wayyyy better books out there. This book was so disappointing for me as a big fan of the series. And i met the author, and she said it would be a hole new experience. But for me,it wasnt

message 27: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!