Who By Fire Online Book Group discussion

Dana Gioia
This topic is about Dana Gioia
Post your q. for Dana Gioia HERE

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary, The Story of a Name (new)

Mary (MaryLTabor) | 85 comments Mod
On Wednesday, November 7, 4 pm ET, Dana Gioia, poet and literary force will join me on Rare Bird Radio. Listen at this link live (you can call in to ask you q. if you listen live!) or listen when you're able: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rarebird...

Post a question here for Dana Gioia before the show and I'll make sure it gets answered.

message 2: by James (new)

James Green | 9 comments At what age were you influenced by poetry?

message 3: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle | 1 comments Hello Mary,
Just listened to the insightful interview between you and Dana Gioia. I loved so much of what he said and what you asked him.
I enjoyed in particular the discussion about American culture: "...write and energize culture..." and rather that interpret a poem as a whole, try to understand what each word means (something I find myself doing often on wattpad:))
I discovered: Pity the beautiful. I never thought of compassion but often felt a sense of injustice with the way unattractive people are treated as opposed to the beautiful - obviously associating myself with the former. Something I have written about in The Tree and Me.
Will look at Dana Gioia's work more closely - thank you so much for sharing this radio interview.
Isabelle

message 4: by Mary, The Story of a Name (new)

So glad you joined here and discovered Dana Gioia. Big xo, Mary

Isabelle wrote: "Hello Mary,
Just listened to the insightful interview between you and Dana Gioia. I loved so much of what he said and what you asked him.
I enjoyed in particular the discussion about American cult..."

message 5: by Mary, The Story of a Name (new)

James wrote: "At what age were you influenced by poetry?"

James wrote: "At what age were you influenced by poetry?"

I assume this message for Dana. Sorry I didn't get to ask him that and apologies for the super later reply here. xo Mary