Codename Fairy Godmother Fans discussion

Introduce Yourself...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 50) (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanjlisa (last edited Nov 04, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Tanjlisa Marie (TanjlisaMarie) | 56 comments Mod
Welcome. Thank you so much for joining the group! I want to make this a fun experience, but first, please introduce yourself... I'll start.

My name is Tanjlisa Marie. I am the author of the Codename Fairy Godmother series. I grew up reading Judy Blume, The Babysitter's Club series, and RL Stine's Fear Street series. I can still recall my writing phases: starting from pen and paper, to typewriter, to word processor, and finally to computers. What a journey.

I live in the Chicagoland area with my husband and two small boys. I came up with the idea for Codename Fairy Godmother when I asked myself what would my boys read when they became teenagers. Most YA books are geared towards young ladies and I wanted to make a series for both genders to enjoy. So I wrote the book keeping in mind to include enough action to entice young men to read it, enough flirting to keep the young ladies happy, and a sophisticated plot for adults to enjoy. Only time will tell if I succeeded.

message 2: by Nitzan (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (NitzanAfterwords) My name is Nitzan, I'm 18 years old - a film major, an aspiring writer, a blogger and a reviewer.
I love reading, and I've had the pleasure to be one of the first to read Fairy Godmother: Reassigned! :D

Pleased to meet you :D

message 3: by Tanjlisa (new)

Nitzan wrote: "My name is Nitzan, I'm 18 years old - a film major, an aspiring writer, a blogger and a reviewer.
I love reading, and I've had the pleasure to be one of the first to read Fairy Godmother: Reassigne..."

Hi, Nitzan!! Knew I could count on you!!

message 4: by Ebony (new)

Ebony (4Ebony) | 1 comments Hey! my names Ebony, i'm sixteen and live in California:)

message 5: by Tanjlisa (new)

Ebony wrote: "Hey! my names Ebony, i'm sixteen and live in California:)"

Welcome to the group, Ebony. Glad you joined us!

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Duder (thomasduder) I am Thomas Duder.

And I am here...TO PARTY!!!!

ENF ENF ENF! ::pelvis thrusts towards the group::

That and I was invited, so...I reckon I oughta join, if anything to network and give a lil' support to a fellow writer. :D

message 7: by Tanjlisa (new)

Thomas wrote: "I am Thomas Duder.

And I am here...TO PARTY!!!!

ENF ENF ENF! ::pelvis thrusts towards the group::

That and I was invited, so...I reckon I oughta join, if anything to network and give a lil' sup..."

Lol. Hello, Thomas!! Love your enthusiasm...and your pelvic thrusts. Lol. Well pop over to the Group Read thread so I can give away so I can give away some copies and we can get the discussion started.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 1 comments hey everyone! Thanks for the invite, Tanjlisa!

I'm rachel, your atypical, twisted little goth girl. :P Rule breaking, parties, sakteboarding, hanging with friends... I love it all.
I also love ot read and write, mainly horror, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance. but anything that ctahces me eye I'll give a chance.
Though sadly, these days it hasn't been much.
And my temper's beenm flaring up more than ever with a state of depression. Long story, but feel free to ask. <3

message 9: by Tanjlisa (new)

Rachel (A Punk In Love) wrote: "hey everyone! Thanks for the invite, Tanjlisa!

I'm rachel, your atypical, twisted little goth girl. :P Rule breaking, parties, sakteboarding, hanging with friends... I love it all.
I also love ot..."

Thanks for accepting my invite, Rachel. I'm sad to hear about your depression. Hopefully, we as a group can lift that dark cloud currenlty hovering over you. Look forward to conversing with you!

message 10: by Tanjlisa (new)

Misery wrote: "Tanjlisa, I am looking forward to reading your book! Before I mention anything to my daughter what age range would you say it is intended for?"

Hello, Misery! I'm glady you joined the group! The book's intended age is 14 and up.

message 11: by Tanjlisa (new)

Avalon daughter of Thanatos (a.k.a. the god of dea wrote: "Hi i'm Avalon. I'm 15 and live in Colorado ,I haven't written anything yet but i plan to just need to come up with a good idea. Any suggestions?"

Hello, Avalon. Welcome to the group! As far as suggestions for good ideas, what I do are creative exercises. I go somewhere relaxing (to me that would be near a body of water to hear the soothing sounds)and think about the things that interest me or that I find fascinating. From there I ask myself, 'is there a story to tell?' Ask yourself a series of questions, such 'can I create characters based on the topic of interests, plot, and conflict?' If you find yourself answering a lot of those questions then you have your premise for a story! Hope that helped and didn't sound like mindless ramblings. lol.

message 12: by MallyReads (new)

MallyReads (the-girl-who-reads) | 1 comments Nitzan!! You're on here! Hi, my name is Mal and I love books, I live in England - and that sums it up ;)

message 13: by Tanjlisa (new)

Hi, Mal!! Welcome!

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort  (CarrieBookFairy) Hi my names Carrie! How's everyone doing?? Good I hope!! Hope to get. To know everyone!! Supernatural s on tonight WOOWOO.

message 15: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Hall (Tink1113) | 5 comments Hi, I'm Tammy! I love reading and books! I also love Code Name Fairy Godmother! I am so excited about book two!

message 16: by Tanjlisa (new)

Carrie wrote: "Hi my names Carrie! How's everyone doing?? Good I hope!! Hope to get. To know everyone!! Supernatural s on tonight WOOWOO."

Hi, Carrie! Welcome! I'm glad you joined!

message 17: by Tanjlisa (new)

Tammy wrote: "Hi, I'm Tammy! I love reading and books! I also love Code Name Fairy Godmother! I am so excited about book two!"

Hi, Tammy. Thanks for accepting my invite. Maybe you can help get the convo started in the Chapter One forum. :-)

message 18: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Hall (Tink1113) | 5 comments Lead the way Tanjlisa! I would be happy to help out in any of the forums!

message 19: by Tanjlisa (new)

Welcome, Michael! Wow, you've edited a lot of books!!

These Violent Delights (Robin) Hey ya'll! My names Robin and I can't wait to read this book! Just gotta find the time:(

message 21: by Aashwini (new)

Aashwini | 3 comments hey i m Aashwini n im 16 from India with love....

message 22: by Tanjlisa (new)

Robin wrote: "Hey ya'll! My names Robin and I can't wait to read this book! Just gotta find the time:("

Welcome, Robin! Thanks for joining!

message 23: by Tanjlisa (new)

Aashwini wrote: "hey i m Aashwini n im 16 from India with love...."

Hi, Aashwini! Thanks for accepting my request!

message 24: by Aashwini (new)

Aashwini | 3 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "Aashwini wrote: "hey i m Aashwini n im 16 from India with love...."

Hi, Aashwini! Thanks for accepting my request!"

Mention not!

message 25: by Aashwini (new)

Aashwini | 3 comments actully i m glad to b ur friend...

message 26: by Tanjlisa (new)

That is so sweet! *blushing*

message 28: by Tanjlisa (new)

Hello!! So glad you joined!!

message 30: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Williams (kaseyylouu) | 2 comments Hey Hey guys, I'm Kasey! I love to read and I hope to SOON become a writer, I love love LOVE to write, and it would totally help me out if you check out my writing. Im a teenage gurl, so of course it's a romance novel!! Hahaha lol, but please check it out:) Comment, message me and tell me what you think! Thanks:)

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 31: by Tanjlisa (new)

Hello, Kasey! That's great you love to write! I will definitely check out your writing and inbox you my feedback.

message 32: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Williams (kaseyylouu) | 2 comments Thanks!!! Thatmeans alot to me, people have commented about how i need to watch my transition from present to past, my grammar and how I need to edit, but nothing really about wether they like it or not and if my style Is okay! I mean I can go back and edit but I'm not sure I I can change my style up!! So if you would, please focus on that!!

message 33: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Hi everyone,
I met Tanj in another group where her and I decided we are best suited to run for Pres and VP in 2016. We cannot decide who will be pres or who will be VP though because neither of us really like the idea of hugging complete strangers and kissing babies on the campaign trail...

I read obsessively and recently started writing a bit also. I am also working on BA thesis and am applying for grad school so I am a busy person.

message 34: by Tanjlisa (new)

Jenny wrote: "Hi everyone,
I met Tanj in another group where her and I decided we are best suited to run for Pres and VP in 2016. We cannot decide who will be pres or who will be VP though because neither of us ..."

Ah, Jenny, my political soul-mate! How I am so glad we found one another. *hearing violins playing in my head* lol. I don't know how we are to solve the dilemma concerning who will run for President and VP. Someone's going to have to take on for the team. Ok, the person who can answer this mock interview question "the best" will have to run for Pres:

"So, madam, why do you want to run for President of the United States?"

message 35: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Hi everyone,
I met Tanj in another group where her and I decided we are best suited to run for Pres and VP in 2016. We cannot decide who will be pres or who will be VP though because ..."

I would like to run for President so I can pardon two turkeys every Thanksgiving!

Your turn!

message 36: by Tanjlisa (new)

Damn it, good one!

I would like to run for President so I can meet Jay-Z.

message 37: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "Damn it, good one!

I would like to run for President so I can meet Jay-Z."

Lol,
Well.... With those answers I do not think anyone will take us seriously. For the sake of the country I'll do the President thing, but maybe we can take turns shaking strangers hands and kissing babies, maybe like every 10 or so stranger or baby we switch off?

message 38: by Tanjlisa (new)

You beat me to conceding. Very well, madame future-president-nominee. I will be a VP worthy of Joe Biden's approval. lol.

We can have stamps with our lip prints on them and stamp babies. Then we can say how we're concerned for the baby's health and don't want to give it whooping cough. We're so considerate! lol. The rotation idea works also.

message 39: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "You beat me to conceding. Very well, madame future-president-nominee. I will be a VP worthy of Joe Biden's approval. lol.

We can have stamps with our lip prints on them and stamp babies. Then we ..."

LMAO! I love your lip print stamp idea! There, I think we have figured it all out Tanj. The USA does not even know what is about to hit them.

message 40: by Tanjlisa (new)

LOL. We rock!! With Steve Colbert as our campagin manager we can get Michael Bay to do our commercials! I'm thinking unnecessary explosions going off in the background, I'm thinking sexy guys in suits as interns, I'm thinking us shooting zombies who each have signs that represent stuff we don't want. For example: zombie with "keep the Federal Reserve" sign...you get a bullet in the head. Zombie with "the US has unlimited funds" sign, you're going down! Let me stop before someone steals my freaking ideas!

message 41: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 7 comments Tanjlisa wrote: "LOL. We rock!! With Steve Colbert as our campagin manager we can get Michael Bay to do our commercials! I'm thinking unnecessary explosions going off in the background, I'm thinking sexy guys in su..."

Umm Tanj, are you sure you have never run for office before because those sound like amazing commercials that will surely win the people over and get us into the White House. Ok, in the background of all this zombie killing can we have Ron Paul (probably a cgi ron paul) ride by on a golden chariot and let him be the one to shoot the Fed Reserve zombie? I think it would mean so much to him.

We need to copyright this stuff! I am thinking tshirts that say "free the markets!" Ya know, instead of "Free Tibet" Idk if people will get it, but I think those would be great campaign tshirts or bumper stickers.

message 42: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer | 2 comments Hi, I'm Jenifer, 13 years old and a current...................in school person? LOL XD Anyways, I think that its really nice to meet everyone!~~

message 43: by Tanjlisa (last edited Nov 29, 2012 05:11PM) (new)

Jenifer wrote: "Hi, I'm Jenifer, 13 years old and a current...................in school person? LOL XD Anyways, I think that its really nice to meet everyone!~~"

Hi,Jennifer! Welcome to the group. Feel free to take a look around and jump in...the water's warm. ;-)

message 44: by Tanjlisa (last edited Nov 29, 2012 05:15PM) (new)

Jenny wrote: "Umm Tanj, are you sure you have never run for office before because those sound like amazing commercials that will surely win the people over and get us into the White House."

Lol. You would be surprised about the things I daydream about.

"Ok, in the background of all this zombie killing can we have Ron Paul (probably a cgi ron paul) ride by on a golden chariot and let him be the one to shoot the Fed Reserve zombie? I think it would mean so much to him."

Lol about Ron Paul. Good thinking! I think we could get the real Ron Paul; he's living it up, enjoying retirement.

I am thinking tshirts that say "free the markets!"

People love T-shirts.

message 45: by Amreen (new)

Amreen Hey!!
My name is Amreen and I LOVE to read books.
Anything to do Books you got my attention.
and I am a book hoarder <3 <3

message 46: by Tanjlisa (new)

Welcome, Amreen. You sound like we would get along famously as I too am a book hoarder. :-)

message 47: by Amreen (new)

Amreen Tanjlisa wrote: "Welcome, Amreen. You sound like we would get along famously as I too am a book hoarder. :-)"

looking forward to know you better ;)

message 48: by Tanjlisa (new)

Congrats on your 100 subscribers, Jeremy!! I already subscribed and I watched some of your videos. Like I imagined, you're just as animated on video as you are on your Goodreads posts. lol.

I am so happy you accepted my moderator invitation and I know you can liven it up in here!! Thanks!!

message 49: by Nola (last edited Dec 07, 2012 10:38AM) (new)

Nola Lightman (Nola_Lightman) Hi all!

I'm Widow Dyer and I'm a writer working on publishing my first work. I love to read. And read. And read. ヅ Occasionally, I do write. (LOL!)

My favorite genres are paranormal romance, young adult romance, and urban fantasy. I absolutely LOOOVE to watch movies. I'm also TV show freak, but I keep that limited to mainly comedies like Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, etc., with one or two dramas.

Oh, I'm also a t-shirt fanatic. (And I'm not ashamed of it.) ヅ

message 50: by Tanjlisa (new)

Hello, Widow. Welcome to the group! Thanks for joining! Congrats on your almost-finished piece! I am a movie buff myself. What are some of you favorite movies?