Gothic Fiction Re-born discussion

New Horror Writer Joines

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan Toner | 2 comments As a published Kindle horror writer, I am very pleased to accept your invitation to join this group.

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick Barnett (wraithsword) | 3 comments Hello Alan, and welcome. I've been remiss in holding up my end of the discussion lately. Some household emergencies have sidelined me. But I look forward to some rousing conversations in the near future.

Rick

message 3: by Madasin (new)

Madasin Mayfair (MadasinMayfair) | 3 comments Mod
Hello All- any interesting horror reads lately? I've just finished Ziska.

message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick Barnett (wraithsword) | 3 comments No horror lately... I've read some horrible books, if that counts. The stack of "Please read and review" novels on my kindle and iPad favors Urban Fantasy, YA and Paranormal. I'll comb through the listings and see if I can't find something to justify my presence here, Madasin.

message 5: by Madasin (new)

Madasin Mayfair (MadasinMayfair) | 3 comments Mod
Haha well often times the paranormal stuff is lumped into the horror genre. What are your thoughts on this?

message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick Barnett (wraithsword) | 3 comments I can't speak authoritatively on the genre, but most of the Paranormal I've read drifts toward the romantic with a nasty spirit or two tossed in for drama. If I were pushed, I'd say that the Paranormal shelf is for Horror-lite...the PG version. It wouldn't produce any nightmares.

message 7: by Alan (new)

Alan Toner | 2 comments There is far too much slushy romantic paranormal fiction now. Whatever happened to the SCARY vampire or werewolf novel?