Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > New (to you) Mystery Author?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth What new (to you) mystery/suspense author have you heard about from friends that you've decided to try recently? Would you recommend him/her to others?

I just read THE BONE COLLECTOR by Jeffrey Deaver because he's going to present a workshop to our Pikes Peak Writers group this spring. The story was a little icky/scary for squeamish me, but he's a very powerful writer and the tale was gripping. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person now.

message 2: by ScottK (new)

ScottK Most of Jeffrey Deavers books are great! I loved The Vanished Man and The Stone Monkey.The Empty Chair was also good. I just recently Read Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn and Loved it I would highly recommend her to everyone!

message 3: by Judub (new)

Judub | 12 comments The whole Lincoln Ryhme serie alone is great. If you just read the bone collector, you will have fun for a while. :) I recently "discovered" David Rosenfelt. I am staring on his books. Anyone knows any of his books? And I just learned Deanna Raybourn from another group.

message 4: by Spuddie (new)

Spuddie | 37 comments Karen E. Olson has 3 books out in a new-ish (and certainly new-to-me) series featuring a newspaper reporter named Annie Seymour in New Haven, CT. I read the first, Sacred Cows, and loved it...and the second one, Secondhand Smoke, was my first read of this year. I have the third one on the way to me from paperbackswap.com and am looking forward to that one too. These aren't cozies, but not real hard-boiled, either...there's four-letter words, sexual themes and quite a lot of quirky humor and I'm hoping this turns into a nice long series.

Cheryl

message 5: by Lawriter (new)

Lawriter | 13 comments I recently read Stephen J. Cannell's Three Shirt Deal and would recommend it. Rather than try to explain it, here is the video book trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XYUhY...

message 6: by Celeste (new)

Celeste (celestelueck) | 10 comments David Fulmer is new to me and if the first book of his I've read is any indication, I'll be reading a lot more of his stuff.