Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey question

The Vampire Diaries make reference to Fifty Shades??
Kate Fitzsimons Kate Nov 04, 2012 05:43AM
I don't know if I am being really paranoid or something, but in the latest episode of The Vampire Diaries (season 4 episode 4) Stefan said to Klaus something about his 'red-room of pain'. I was just wondering if this is a Fifty shades reference or if I am looking too deeply into something?

mahs ur obbsessed with fifty shades of grey
:)

Kate wrote: "I don't know if I am being really paranoid or something, but in the latest episode of The Vampire Diaries (season 4 episode 4) Stefan said to Klaus something about his 'red-room of pain'. I was jus..."

im watching the Vampire Diaries again on netflix and i just noticed the same thing

It was a reference to fifty shades. It made me laugh.

Yup Damon was all about the Twilight books in season one :)

Yeah, I know all about the "red room of pain" from the FSoG books. I loved those books and would go with him into that room whenever he wanted me to. LOL

I'm pretty sure it is a reference to FSoG. Annette is right though. Ian Somerhalder is definitely the hotter brother. What the hell is Elaina thinking?

I noticed that as well. I took it as a reference to Fifty Shades.

hahahh it could be, but highly likely to not be

it definitly was a reference to fifty... because the hunter was shackled to the ceiling and if you've read fifty you'd know what "the red room of pain" is all about.

I was watching and then i looked around me just to be sure i wasn't imagining things!!

I'm positive it's a Fifty Shades reference. I just thought the wrong character said it. They should have had Damon (Ian Somerhalder) say it.

Yep Noticed That As Well! They Should Make More references like that in more episodes!

Freaking awesome! Love Vampire Diaries and Ian Somerhalder would be a sexy Christian Grey. Also in Season 1 Damon mentioned not only Twilight, but the original person, Anne Rice who wrote the Vampire Chronicles!

If it happened in the Vampire Diaries first (the books I mean) then you could assume that the author of Fifty Shades is the one who made a reference. If E.L. James loves Twilight it only makes sense that she read Vampire Diaries too.

Btw, I'm waiting for Supernatural to make a reference to Fifty Shades. I only fear the relevance isn't given (unlike the Twilight books which they parodied, lol).

I saw that and loved it!!! I laughed so hard, it was great!!

TVD references things in pop-culture all the time. I believe Damon started reading Twilight in season 1.

Feu d'Issey (Laura) I know, I absolutely loved that scene where he's on (Caroline's?) bed and picks up Twilight and comments about how whipped they are etc...
Nov 29, 2012 12:02AM
Jamie Wittekind And Caroline asks "WHy don't you sparkle?"
Feb 08, 2013 06:57AM