The chronicles of Narnia discussion

The Books > The Books!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meredith (new)

Meredith I love the books so much!! C.S. Lewis a fantastic author. He has such a talent at describing this world of Narnia.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ElizabethNovak) Totally ditto!

message 3: by Nicole Marie (new)

Nicole Marie (nolivingmanami) Meredith wrote: "I love the books so much!! C.S. Lewis a fantastic author. He has such a talent at describing this world of Narnia. "

Yes, he does!

message 4: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments I love the books and I agree that C. S. Lewis is an A-M-A-ZING author.

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc Cardinal (Cardmar) Hi everyone, I'm really interested in reading these books but I'm not sure if i should read them in publication or chronological order. Which would you suggest?

Thanks

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments I read them in chronicle order. So magicians nephew, the lion the witch and the wardrobe, the horse and his boy, prince Caspian, voyage of the dawn treader, the silver chair and the last battle. That's how I read them and it was good and made sense. It doesn't really matter which way you read them though.

Hope this helps. : )

message 7: by Marc (new)

Marc Cardinal (Cardmar) Thanks for the input. I was going to start with Lion-Witch-Wardrobe because of the order of the movies and may stick with that if you say that order doesn't matter.

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments Yeah it doesn't. I hope you enjoy them :)

message 9: by Marc (new)

Marc Cardinal (Cardmar) Hayley wrote: "Yeah it doesn't. I hope you enjoy them :)"

sweet. thanks.

marc

message 10: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments :) no problem Marc

message 11: by rayken (new)

rayken (raykenful) | 10 comments what I did was read it at publication order, I liked all the "so that's how it got there" and "so that's what happened" moments.
and then after I read it chronologically, it is really a wonderful series that I have read it all, again and again.

message 12: by Marc (new)

Marc Cardinal (Cardmar) rayken wrote: "what I did was read it at publication order, I liked all the "so that's how it got there" and "so that's what happened" moments.
and then after I read it chronologically, it is really a wonderful s..."

Thanks rayken. You make an interesting point about reading in publication order. I guess it would be like watching Star Wars. I saw them in release order and would not have had it any other way.

message 13: by rayken (new)

rayken (raykenful) | 10 comments Marc wrote: "rayken wrote: "what I did was read it at publication order, I liked all the "so that's how it got there" and "so that's what happened" moments.
and then after I read it chronologically, it is reall..."

I think there is a reason why they don't release it chronologically, it adds more mystique, don't you agree?

message 14: by Marc (last edited Sep 07, 2012 05:23AM) (new)

Marc Cardinal (Cardmar) It does, you're right.

Thanks to you and Haley for your comments.

message 15: by Hayley (new)

Hayley  | 66 comments It's ok