Write a Story discussion

starting out > Who are you?^.^

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (EmberBlue) | 76 comments Who are you? My name is Iesha and I do not have a title for my story yet but my main characters are Yazmin and Yara( Mother and daughter), and my story centers around the two struggles against magic. What about you and your story-tell me something about yourself and your creation.:)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (EmberBlue) | 76 comments What about your characters you are working on right now:)

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) Okay, so I have a girl she is a senior name Isabella Nodescu and she is the princess of Romania, she either has to decided to be the new ruler or stay where was sent to and live with her grandmother.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (EmberBlue) | 76 comments Interesting-is Isabella's personality coming along well? I'm kind of at a still point with Yazmin-who's trying to find out how to react to having to change her life around after the death of a close friend/mentor plus raising little Yara.:)

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) yeah I am actually in my seventeenth chapter right now.

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieK08) | 1 comments My name is Annie(i'm from Sweden, so my english is not perfect). I'm just getting started on my story "Midnattståg"("Midnight train"), it's about a girl, she met a boy on the train station, she finds him very interesting. I'm on page 3, so I can't tell you anything more yet.
Also I started to write a fantasy story last year, the characters I came up with on my own. I paused that story when my boyfriend accidently deleted it from my computer..

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) Annie wrote: "My name is Annie(i'm from Sweden, so my english is not perfect). I'm just getting started on my story "Midnattståg"("Midnight train"), it's about a girl, she met a boy on the train station, she fin..."

Nice to meet you

message 9: by Bonny (new)

Bonny (Dreams-Of-Ink) | 45 comments I'm Bonnie or you can call me B if you like :) My story is called "Shifted" as I can't think of a better name for it and because it did shift from being a post-apocalyptic world to more of a fantasy based world.

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Hi, I'm Leah! (I've been in this group for a while, but I'm not sure if I've introduced myself. :D) Currently, I am in the beginning of a story (currently untitled) about a world where even what you say is controlled.

message 11: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments controlled? How and with what tech?

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Without technology necessarily, but with restrictions on what can be said-taken overboard of course- to avoid "offense" to anyone. Does that make better sense? It's still in the beginning, and being the "develop the plot as I write without an outline" kind of writer that I am, I'm not exactly sure just how exactly this will turn out. But I'm thinking something along the lines of "you don't agree, and we make sure you pay for it." (I hope like I don't sound ramble-ish.)

message 13: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments ahh. like taboo. Right?

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Taboo?

message 15: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments Not allowed. Kill you if you say it stuff. Social Taboo.

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Yeah, pretty much.

message 17: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments what is not allowed here?

message 18: by Leah (last edited Jan 04, 2013 08:14PM) (new)

Leah | 22 comments Okay, so let me back up a bit. First of all, this is my disclaimer: this is, once again, in the works and liable to change. I understand that there are underdeveloped ideas, but I hope to work these out. Here we go:

Mira Madigan (the main character) lives in a world where all "offending language" has been abolished. Years of bellyaching over what offended people and what didn't came to a close when the "Creed of the People" was established, stating that "no person can be identified by ethnicity, background, race, appearance, or abilities." The person who issued this, known as the "Founder of Greater Society," or just "the Founder," came to power by unknown means years ago, promising those who agree with him wealth and power and punishment for those who don't with impoverishment. Once a year, every citizen of "legal thinking age," 15 and older, is asked a simple question: "Do you agree to these terms?" Those who answer "yes" are lavished with gifts of money and other things. However, those who answer "no" are subject to beatings, public humiliation and disgrace, and sometimes even death. Mira was planning to answer "yes," to leave the world of poverty she's lived in all her life because her parents wouldn't agree. That is, until she sees her mother killed.

That's pretty much the direction I plan on going in. Yes, I know, it's pretty political, but...

message 19: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments ooh. strong storyline. reminds me of the Sneak series.

message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Thanks! :) Never heard of the Sneak series, but I need to look it up. But, going back to the story, from what I have given you, what can I strengthen?

message 21: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments What I mean is, does anything seem strange or out of place?

message 22: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments One of my questions is that how does the government know that people agreeing to the terms will just use as an opportunity to try to break them down. I mean, like is there a system for the way the wealth is given out? All at once or slowly?

message 23: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments That's a good question, and I need to address that. I was thinking all at once, to make it more appealing maybe?

message 24: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments hmm. that would really be appealing. if you're doing that, the gov't might need a way to control it. The entire wealth thing, do they get more for favors they do the gov't or what goes on there?

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Favors meaning government jobs or just things they did for the government out of the "kindness of their hearts?" That is another good question, as I hadn't even thought of that. Right now, I'm thinking more of a flat rate. If you agree, you receive X amount per year to do with as you please, but if you disagree, it's taken away.

message 26: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments Like a salary. With the poverty, how many disagree by saying no?

message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments The majority of the people say "yes," whether or not they ACTUALLY agree, to avoid poverty at all costs. But Mira's parents (along with a couple hundred others) do say "no."

message 28: by Geneva (new)

Geneva (FireDragon1) | 108 comments In purpose, the poor are the scapegoats whenever there are problems, I'm assuming.

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Exactly

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (EmberBlue) | 76 comments Interesting story Lead^.^

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Thanks! :)

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments Really cool idea!

Sariah the Authoress (authoress96pulchritudinous) | 143 comments Incidentally, MC is Mira. +shrugs+ Don't ask.

message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah | 22 comments Sariah *The Connecticut shooting hurts my heart.* wrote: "Really cool idea!"

Thank you!