SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Anyone watching the TV series Abs Arrow? It's a little cheesey, but the main character is fun to watch.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom (lagerhelps) *looks left* *looks right*....*raises hand*...haha A little over the top to start but entertaining. I wish he was more discrete but its too early to hold it against him yet.

message 3: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I guess it's one of those guilty pleasure shows. It's kind of funny that he wears a hoodie instead of a mask. I like where it's going so far.

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom (lagerhelps) It wasn't really the mask thing. I have the Prince fried into my brain right now I just remember him drawing attention to himself instead of being in the background. Its DVR'd and I'll see where it goes. Liking it so far.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments I'm watching. Definitely a guilty pleasure.

message 6: by Paris (new)

Paris (PAH13) | 1183 comments I'm watching too. Definitely a guilty pleasure. The lead is fun to watch...I think the word I want to use is delicious. lol

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24934 comments Huh. Maybe I'll give it another shot ...

message 8: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Did anyone watch last night's episode? And did anyone notice that the bad guy played Captain Jack Harkness on Torchwood? I'm dying to discuss this episode....

message 9: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 41 comments It's a fun show. Not as addictive as supernatural but still entertaining. I wonder if Batman or Superman will show up in it?

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Wow. John Barrowman's in it??

We are just now getting the ads saying it will be on in 2013. So I should watch it, yeah?

message 11: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Just watch it for the abs. Suspend belief because the hero wears a green hoodie and green eye makeup so that no one can recognize him. It's great escape television.

message 12: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Of course, green just makes you unrecognizable, just like Clark Kent's glasses. ROFL.

message 13: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments The story is told with flashbacks to the time he was a castaway on a freaky scary island where he learns his handy dandy archery skilz. John Barrowman doesn't appear in all the episodes. He is deliciously evil.

message 14: by S.L.J. (last edited Dec 18, 2012 05:01AM) (new)

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 41 comments LOL. I just remembered. The guy that plays Oliver also played a werewolf in VD who got his heart ripped out by Stefan. :P

Small CW world.

message 15: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Yes! I was wondering why he looked so familiar. There must be a standard CW contract clause that states that all men must rip off their shirts at least once per episode, right?

message 16: by Christal (new)

Christal (christal00) | 374 comments I think the CW just passes their actors around from show to show until they finally find something that sticks lol.

message 17: by S.L.J. (last edited Dec 18, 2012 08:10AM) (new)

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 41 comments They do. The main girl was Ruby in Supernatural and even Caroline from VD was in Supernatural once. She hooked up with young Dean Winchester. :P

message 18: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24934 comments Also, one of the chicks from The Secret Circle is now playing a shifter on TVD.

message 19: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Arrow has finally started playing here in Aus. I've taped them but the hubby was watching them last night and they sounded good. LOL.

message 20: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Sandra wrote: "Arrow has finally started playing here in Aus. I've taped them but the hubby was watching them last night and they sounded good. LOL."

Sandra - fun game - in every episode he is shirtless at least once. Enjoy the view.

message 21: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Ahh, I'm going to have to watch as well as listen. ROFL.

No worries AH, I'd planned to watch it :DDDDDDDDD

message 22: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I love the show. It's filmed in Vancouver and I'm constantly looking for landmarks that they don't CGI out.

The flashbacks to scary Chinese Island kind of remind me of Lost.

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) AH wrote: "I love the show. It's filmed in Vancouver and I'm constantly looking for landmarks that they don't CGI out.

The flashbacks to scary Chinese Island kind of remind me of Lost."

Yeah, its another one of those really busy deserted islands, lol!

message 24: by David Wilson (new)

David Wilson | 10 comments This show has grown on me, but he sure gets his butt kicked regularly...and for me, it's odd because Jack from Torchwood is evil, and the guy playing Arrow looks like one of the actors on NCIS LA ... It's reasonably true to the comic books, though "The Huntress" is a mess..

message 25: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Wait, Jack is in it?????

Yay, love John Barrowman, pity he plays for the other team :(

message 26: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Sandra wrote: "Wait, Jack is in it?????

Yay, love John Barrowman, pity he plays for the other team :("

Oh, he's so evil in this show.

message 27: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 24934 comments Ah, man. I might actually have to start watching again if Jack/John's in it. :/ Love him too!

message 28: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Anyone watch the show last week?

message 29: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Is S2 up? We've only just finished S1 here in Aus, the other week.

message 30: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments S2 started last Wednesday.

message 31: by Christal (new)

Christal (christal00) | 374 comments I saw it. I thought it was a pretty great premier actually. Did you watch it, AH?

message 32: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Yes - I loved it. I like how it backtracks to the Chinese Island (which suspiciously looks like forest in or outside of Vancouver). I was expecting Bella and Edward to go speeding through.

message 33: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments OK - who watched the latest episode of Arrow? I'm really liking Felicity - she's so funny.
And the ending of this episode.....

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 5 comments Love! And love Stephen Amell! last night's episode was really good! but then every episode always is:)

message 35: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Ashley wrote: "Love! And love Stephen Amell! last night's episode was really good! but then every episode always is:)"

Especially when he takes off his shirt....Mmmmm

message 36: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments OK - last night's episode - anyone watch it?

message 37: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 20931 comments Nope, but I bought S1 on DVD the other week. That's as far as we're up to here in Aus :)

message 38: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Oh, enjoy!