Zebra Romance discussion

Zebra Lovegram > Lovegram Covers

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie (JadedlilFecker) | 51 comments Mod
If you have a scanned cover, or located a better cover than isn't posted on Goodreads, or even a well-known site, you may post here, or bring it to attention, because we ♥ all things glittery and colorful! Even if you'd like to just post your all-time favorite Lovegram cover, please do so! Bring on the loveliness!

Wendy,  Lady Evelyn Quince (LadyEvelynQuince) | 27 comments Mod
I've been scanning copies of my books as I see them, so I'm trying!

Just for posterity, after they changed the Hologram design to the Lovegram logo this is the emblem they used:

lovegram emblem photo LOVEGRAMEMBLEM.jpg

Which comes from this Kate Douglas pirate romance:

Pirate's Wild Paradise by Kate Douglas

message 3: by Mermarie (new)

Mermarie (JadedlilFecker) | 51 comments Mod
Oooo! I've always adored that book. I believe it was her only romance written. :| BLARGH!

Some people get the old and new variations confused, but which do you prefer? :D

The older Hologram books were more bodice ripper in flavor, which I adored, but I've read more of the "Lovegram" Lovegrams, which are a mixed bag.

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1 comments Well, I can see my Holograms will be getting read first. :D

message 6: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 4 comments Scanned all my Lovegrams today.

message 7: by Wendy, Lady Evelyn Quince (last edited Dec 28, 2014 04:39PM) (new)

Josh, those covers are gorgeous! Except for the the Patricia Pellicane book, every single book has a horse and/or birds on the covers. The flamingos on the Island Fire cover are a riot!

message 8: by Joshua (last edited Dec 28, 2014 04:48PM) (new)

Joshua | 4 comments Wendy, Lady Evelyn Quince wrote: "Josh, those covers are gorgeous! Except for the the Patricia Pellicane book, every single book has a horse and/or birds on the covers. The flamingos on the Island Fire cover are a riot!"

I also think the Patricia Pellicane cover isn't a painting. Just a photo shopped picture.
And yes, I love the Flamingos! Haha. Most of the the zebra's I've read have been pretty bad, but I can't stop buying them, they're so pretty! haha

message 9: by Wendy, Lady Evelyn Quince (last edited Dec 28, 2014 05:00PM) (new)

You can tell by the Lovegram emblem (as opposed to the hologram) that it's a "newer" book in the Zebra line. They were cutting back on everything by then.

Yes, so many Zebra romances are awful, but the covers just force you to get them!

There are some Zebra authors who never disappointed me though: Deana James, Dana Ransom and Penelope Neri come to mind. Keep trying, there are a few diamonds and lots of cubic zirconias to be found in the Zebra collections. There's just so much more plastic & cheap-glass reads. :)

message 10: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 4 comments Wendy, Lady Evelyn Quince wrote: "You can tell by the Lovegram emblem (as opposed to the hologram) that it's a "newer" book in the Zebra line. They were cutting back on everything by then.

Yes, so many Zebra romances are awful, b..."

While reading Zebra, I often find myself asking "Where were the editors?". Did they just print whatever manuscript that arrived at their doorstep? Haha, they obviously could afford the talented artists hired to paint these beautiful covers, but could not afford a real editor!

Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely look out for those authors! :)