Chick Lit discussion

Where is your favorite place to read a book?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 2 comments Where is your favorite place to read a book and how many pages a day do you read? Or do you figure out how much to read based just on so many hours a day or more on weekends or divide up a book by 7 to finish in a week? Where do you love to read? In bed, in a special chair, wherever you are, with music on, in silence, with tv on? With others? Happy New Year to all!

Ed

Charlene McConnell | 7 comments Favorite place? Personally, I always have a book with me, so I have read in many places, but it's usually on my comfy sofa in the living room. I read at the end of my day when I am working that day and usually can get at least 50-100 pages read. I can read with the TV on (dh is a non-reader) so reading while ESPN on is common.

Happy New Year to You too!

Charlene

message 3: by Tulara (new)

Tulara (iberostar) I like to read first thing in the morning when I get up - that's my all-time favorite. I make a cup of coffee and either sit at the kitchen counter or on the sofa in the living room.
I also like to read while traveling - on the airplane. I put on my noise-canceling headphones with some nice music and I can get through a lot of pages in two+ hours. Sometimes I bring a book that I've downloaded on my MP3 player and listen to it on the plane also.
Happy New Year to everyone!
Janice

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Matthews | 15 comments Favorite place? I would say my alltime favorite place to read would be on the porch with a cool breeze blowing or in the sunrrom with a view of the backyard and the comfort of heating and air!
I can also curl up in my big comfy Papsan chair and read while listening to insturmental music.
I read everywhere like most book lovers..out at dinner alone, waiting at the dr.s' office, planes,even at traffic lights if I am at a good part!

Here's to more good books in the New Year and more time to read them!
Cheers!

message 5: by Ellenjsmellen (new)

Ellenjsmellen | 5 comments I like to read as much as I can, but it's hard with a 3 & 5 yr old to entertains, so I usually end up either in my sunroom during the day or I sneak a few pages in before I pass out in bed.
I read about a 300 page book and part of another one each week. I continually have books lined up or I feel like I've run out of milk!

message 6: by Lou (new)

Lou (monspetits) | 2 comments I love to read in a coffee shop nearby. It has comfortable sofas and the good coffee is, of course, a plus. If not, I read before going to sleep, warm in my bed. But I can't read much then because I fall asleep.

message 7: by Keris (new)

Keris (kerisstainton) I read all the time too and, like Lain, I struggle to read much in bed because I fall asleep. My favourite place is probably on a plane because anywhere else I've got into the habit of stopping at the end of each chapter to do something else (there are always chores). I long for the good old days when I could just read a book right through in one go (which I did with Marian Keyes Anybody Out There on a flight from Toronto to Manchester).

The only time I divide a book into seven is if I'm not really enjoying it, but I have to review it. Then, once I've read that day's "pages", I can read something else!

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope 2008 is fabulous!

message 8: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (klippy) My all time favorite place to read is at the beach! There is nothing better than putting my beach chair near the ocean where the waves hit my hit on occasion and reading a good book. I wish I could that all the time but it is limited to my vacations to the beach that are once a year.
I guess it depends on the time of the year for me. During this time of the year I enjoy sitting in my family room with the fireplace going. I could read forever. I also enjoy reading in a long, soaking bath. The fact is I just love to read.
I am new to this website and I am so enjoying it. I hope everyone has a Fantastic 2008!!! Hard to believe 8 years ago was the beginning of 2000. It just does not seem that long ago. Tine flies!!!!

message 9: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 2 comments I need a quiet place to read without any distractions. Depending on the book, I like to read at least 2 chapters a day. Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Green (angel_andie) | 9 comments I'll read anywhere no matter wot's happening around me. However I love to curl up in an armchair with the fire light and a cup of tea, when its lashing rain outside.

message 11: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) I agree, Andrea. I also enjoy reading when there is a good snowstorm outside. :-)

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyhilde) | 4 comments I pretty much am always reading if I am not at work and my kids are asleep. I drive my husband nuts because I can watch a tv show (and know exactly what is going on) and read at the same time.

So normally I read on the couch in our living room. But I always carry my book with me, so if I get to work early I sit in my car and read or read on my lunch hour.

I average 1-2 books a week...

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Green (angel_andie) | 9 comments We dont get much snow here in Ireland so when we do I'm like a big child and have to be outside enjoying it :-)

message 14: by S (new)

S (scarlethoo) | 1 comments At the beach, poolside, with a margarita in hand. That, my friends, is a little piece of heaven.

message 15: by Rachael (new)

Rachael My favorite place is anywhere or time I get to read.

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria | 1 comments Either in bed or on the couch. I need to have something on in the background. (tv, soft music) I'll sometimes read on my lunch hour at work. I would love to have a bay window with great lighting one day. Now THAT would be perfect.

message 17: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 6 comments I have two little ones....so I read whenever they are napping or asleep. Also during our oldest daughter's gymnastics class. Pretty much anywhere and anytime.

message 18: by Diane (new)

Diane | 20 comments I agree - in bed on on the couch are my fave places to read too :) I work at a University, so there are tons of great places to read - by the rose garden, in the cafe, at the library...

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 6 comments i'm all for a good book, a hot bath and a glass of merlot!

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 9 comments My favorite place to read is in bed, at night before I go to sleep and in the morning too, before anyone else is up, while sipping a chai latte or a swiss mocha or something decadent. I have tried reading in the bathtub, but my neck is uncomfortable and the book ends up getting all wet! I have also tried the beach, but you need a really comfortable beach chair and/or pillow?

message 21: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Snider (jenni-lynn) | 2 comments Most common place for me is in bed. That's usually the only time I get to sit down during the day. I try to read a few pages each night. Favorite place is in the tub, also with a good glass of wine. However, I've drown a few books that way. Best place in summer is on the deck with the kids in the pool.