Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Deleting a book from shelves bug

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ridley (new)

Ridley | 278 comments So, here's what happens. If I'm on my "My Books" page, with infinite scroll on, and hit the X to delete a book below the fold (i.e. it's scrolled down to what would be another page if infinite scroll was off) I get a page of gobbledegook. It deletes the book successfully, but I get a screen like this that I have to back arrow out of. Here's what my shelves look like.

If I delete a book above the fold, I don't get that error. It works properly.

I use Chrome on Windows 7.

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Ridley wrote: "So, here's what happens. If I'm on my "My Books" page, with infinite scroll on, and hit the X to delete a book below the fold (i.e. it's scrolled down to what would be another page if infinite scro..."

Oh, that's good insight. We've seen the "gobbledegook" error a few times (seems to be intermittent), but we've been having trouble replicating it consistently. This new info will likely help - thanks Ridley.

message 3: by Trevor (new)

Trevor | 1 comments Tonight I'm getting a similar error in Firefox. Also have infinite scroll in an ordered book shelf.

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Ridley wrote: "So, here's what happens. If I'm on my "My Books" page, with infinite scroll on, and hit the X to delete a book below the fold (i.e. it's scrolled down to what would be another page if infinite scro..."

This should now be fixed.