Y.A Bookworms discussion

Movie Adaptations > 13 Reasons Why

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LAJones (new)

LAJones (LAJones50) | 105 comments Mod
13 reasons why is going to be adapted into a film. Are you happy or sad that Selena Gomez has most likely been given the role of Hannah?

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela I haven't read that book. Is it good?

message 3: by LAJones (new)

It is absolutely amazing, you should definitely check it out. Long story short this girl commits suicide and she leaves 13 tapes with 13 reasons why she killed herself, and she sends these tapes to the people who were part of these reasons and the main character was one of the reasons IT IS GREAT, highly recommended!

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim | 26 comments Oooh I didn't know it was becoming a movie! :D That book is great, really felt for Hannah :( Ehhh Selena Gomez kinda seems too...perky. I mean, Hannah didn't come across as a happy girl, and Selena is kinda too cheerful :/ I don't see why they don't get an unknown actress or something...movie adaptions always seem to go for the A-Listers.

message 5: by LAJones (new)

Kim wrote: "Oooh I didn't know it was becoming a movie! :D That book is great, really felt for Hannah :( Ehhh Selena Gomez kinda seems too...perky. I mean, Hannah didn't come across as a happy girl, and Selena..."

INR if you go onto Selena Gomez's wiki page one of her new film adaptions was when i looked last was 13 reasons why. And I agree with her being to perky, she also seems TO girly, I know Emma is quite but not overly girly, do you no what I am trying to say? :)

message 6: by Harshini (new)

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) Selena as Hannah doesn't seem right to me. Selena is am amazing actress, but she is such a cheerful one. Besides her movies are mostly watched by kids, I highly doubt that kids should be allowed to watch this

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim | 26 comments Yeah, I get what you're saying :) Hannah did come across as somewhat girly, but she was also very depressed...hopefully Selena can surprise us and do the role justice, though. Can't wait for this movie now!

Harshini, I agree. Since she was kind of got discovered on Disney, she would have a lot of kid fans...the storyline of this movie would be a little too dark for kids to watch.

message 8: by LAJones (new)

I am soo confused now, because it no longer says that Selena Gomez is going to play hannah but on the 13 reasons why wiki page it says that she is ????? !!!

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim | 26 comments Hmmm...maybe she dropped the role and wiki haven't gotten around to changing it yet?

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela You shouldn't trust wiki. It's not the best site to refer to. You should actually go check a believable site like http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837492/ they don't have Selena Gomez as playing Hannah. They don't know who will play her yet.

message 11: by LAJones (new)

Pamela wrote: "You shouldn't trust wiki. It's not the best site to refer to. You should actually go check a believable site like http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837492/ they don't have Selena Gomez as playing Hannah..."

message 12: by Pamela (new)

Pamela no problem

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I do like Selena Gomez... but not for this role..