La Poseurs discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Scribbles & Stuff > NaNo Talk!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 236) (236 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Cheyla, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Cheyla (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
Um, let's talk about NaNo! Duh! What's up 2012 NaNites?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE OF MY PLOT!! IT'S GOING TO ROCK!!!

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) | 712 comments I'm also writing something.... I don't know if it will be any good, but I'm writing....

message 4: by Cheyla, Impressive, Star Fox (new)

Cheyla (cheylaraine) | 1882 comments Mod
Who knows! I guess that's the fun of NaNo!

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments I actually wrote something... O.O

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments What I wrote in school... is this a good start?

Chapter One :

Moments, that's all life really was, moments, and in a single moment a life could be changed forever. There I sat, watching as the moments passed by, for what could do as a mere child to stop them? I watched as the road seemed to glide away beneath our feet, like a snake, it ever so rapidly slithered past us, making it's way towards the horizon. It was all beyond my reach, my grasp, and perhaps even my understanding. In this world of ours, I was truly helpless.

“...and I am sure you'll find your self right at home. Mr and Mrs Hemingway have a phenomenal record when it comes to the care taking of children. They are a sweet and kind old couple, well, old compared to me at least. They haven't had an incident in years, or was it months?” The well dressed young man quickly continued on, not missing a beat in his ramblings. It was always the same ordeal, what else could you do or say to two orphans being moved to a new foster home... for the tenth time. They weren't paid for their originality, that was for sure. If they were sincere about their words or not didn't really matter, it was of no consequence. They'd be gone soon enough, abandoning them to the wolves one might say. Oh, yes, Jamie- the older boy staring at the window- understood all of this quite well. He pretended to listen as the man droned on, while in truth his mind was elsewhere.

Jamie's life has been anything but easy, you could see the toll it paid upon his young heart. In the way his crisp icy blue eyes shone, with a sort of empty weariness to them. The very posture of a person revealed much of their mind. Indeed, there seemed to be a great weight upon his shoulders. The boy looked as if the very pressure of the world was against his back. While in contrast to that very thought, Jamie kept his shoulders upright and firm, as if giving a silent challenge. Despite everything, it seemed there was something of a determination hidden in his posture.

I wrote this while I was in Global II today at school...

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I know this is REALLY bad but what is NaNo?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

*IN COMES HYPER WHIT!*

I HAVE SO MUCH TO WRITE!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Thank you! :)

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments мαттнєω lє Ðєяαηgє∂ wrote: "What I wrote in school... is this a good start?

Chapter One :

Moments, that's all life really was, moments, and in a single moment a life could be changed forever. There I sat, ..."

O_O MATTHEW!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! YOU SHOULD DO IT!!

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments I joinned last night!! the irony of it is that i came up with an idea yeasterday at school , then i came home and saw that you guys were talking bout it, checked it out, adn was like BOOM! im doing it ^_^

My idea was that there are two twins, both are polar opposites. they were torn apart after their dad sold them to a slave trader. (originally it was a fairy tail fan-fic) And they don't see each other till they are both 16 but they don't know they are brother and sister. They both enroll into a school for magic... like..,mages. And they do something or other idk. ^_6

can someone help me with this:
How do they find out they are siblings??

message 13: by Em~Lost In A Dream~ (last edited Nov 02, 2012 05:12PM) (new)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 268 comments Hmmm...finding something there proving it?

Sorry,my mind's like dead today.x-x

message 14: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments A spell, maybe? They find out they both don't know much about their family and sneak into the libaray to find a spell which tells them if they still have family somewhere. Like a mother (I wouldn't want to meet the father).
Something like that?

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments thing is:
they know that their motehr left them adn their father sold them as slaves. They know they have a twin. They both are polar opposite. the guy tiwn/Luke is kind of a dark character that deosn't like interacting with the time of persono Winter is.
winter is like a bubbely hyperactive kid.

message 16: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

the sound of Autumn | 3132 comments Mod
I'm going to join. I have to write up a large chapter tonight. What do you think, should I go with the idea with clones in the future being made to harvest healthy organs? Like, scientists have finally found a way to make a healthy, living, intelligent clone of a person, and use it for organ transplants/ donations, etc. It'd be like a spin-off Unwind sort of. Just more realistic/ believable... you know? I don't want it to be on another world or anything, I want people to think, "What if this was really happening?"

⋆ m a n i a c a l ⋆ (Phoebus) | 679 comments I don't think mine will be 50,000 words... that's just not enough for me to write a full-out story...

message 18: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments @Coolkidrox: When they know they have a twin, they might want to find him/her.

@Autumn: Sounds good! :)
Ever read "Never let me go"?

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments it deosn't really matter hat the lpot is or hopw good it is.
i read that it said that NaNo is about "quantaty" not "qualaty

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments @marlene true, but both see no hope in it. luke deosn't really care anymore since he 'knows' that he'd never see her again and winter doesn't want to get her hopes up

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments мαттнєω lє Ðєяαηgє∂ wrote: "I don't think mine will be 50,000 words... that's just not enough for me to write a full-out story..."

me neither. i dont sthink ill make it in time but ill post it for next year's one if all geos well

message 22: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments Then someone spills an idenity potion over them? I have no idea.

message 23: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Marlene wrote: "@Coolkidrox: When they know they have a twin, they might want to find him/her.

@Autumn: Sounds good! :)
Ever read "Never let me go"?"

Thanks! And no, I don't believe I have.

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments hmmm.....not sure about potions since i don't think im gonna have ppotions in the story. its more of a mage school. not like harry potter.

message 25: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments I was desperate, okay? ._.

message 26: by aprille (new)

aprille (aprille43) | 89 comments GUYS! This year I WILL finish NaNo!! I WILL!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

YES YOU WILL! :)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 268 comments I just wish i can do it.D'=

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments yah!!!

hmm...how about, when they both open up adn tell about their past (winter) then luke overhears adn sees that its like.. teh same adn then they discover the sibils...hows that?

message 30: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments stereotypical.

message 31: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments But it would work, so...

message 32: by aprille (new)

aprille (aprille43) | 89 comments I kinda wish you could set your own average on NaNo... my little blue bar fills up too quickly

message 33: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments How much do you have?

message 34: by aprille (new)

aprille (aprille43) | 89 comments Marlene wrote: "How much do you have?"

What do you mean?

message 35: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Alright, sorry to interrupt, but I made my NaNo account! Heh, heh, my name is "anybody gotta pen?" ^-^

message 36: by aprille (new)

aprille (aprille43) | 89 comments the sound of Autumn wrote: "Alright, sorry to interrupt, but I made my NaNo account! Heh, heh, my name is "anybody gotta pen?" ^-^"

can't find you! Link??

message 37: by the sound of Autumn, Oh dear. (new)

Aprille Legacy wrote: "the sound of Autumn wrote: "Alright, sorry to interrupt, but I made my NaNo account! Heh, heh, my name is "anybody gotta pen?" ^-^"

can't find you! Link??"

Yeah, as soon as I finish my author profile! Almost done! Can I have a link to yours?? :)

In fact, all you guys, link me up! I wanna read your writing!

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 135 comments :/ hmm...too true. what else can i do though?

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I just joined :) I'm GoldenCurls!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participa...

message 41: by Sarah (last edited Nov 03, 2012 05:04AM) (new)

Sarah How do you actually... Write your novel? do you not write it on the website?

message 42: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments No, you don't. You write it in a seperate document, for example Word. Then you read the number of words it shows you and insert it in the box next to your name on top of the NaNo site.
Only when you valiate your novel you insert the text in a box that pops up on November 25th.

message 43: by Marlene (last edited Nov 03, 2012 05:24AM) (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments For everyone who ddidn't find me yet, here we go again:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participa...

I'm called Kim Carlen Free in the NaNo world. Just so you know who added you. ^^

message 45: by Kåiłeē (new)

Kåiłeē (Kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 118 comments Okay, Im thinking about joining, but what if I dont make the goal? I dont know if I will have enough time, but I will certainly try hard to! Is it required to have the right ammount of words to participate?

message 46: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments No, it's not. Some finish with 1000 words, some with 25000 and some (very crazy people) with 150000. It doesn't matter. NaNoWriMo is about motivating you to write and having fun.
So if you have fun writing, join! You'll meet great people!

message 47: by Kåiłeē (new)

Kåiłeē (Kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 118 comments Okay, cool thank you! Ill give it a shot!

message 48: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments We'll wait for you. Feel free to add me. :)

And good luck and have fun!

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Uh-oh - I inserted what I've wrote so far into the word count validate thing on the novel settings... What will that do?

message 50: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (Marlene1001) | 490 comments ...nothing?
It just doesn't add your words. As long as you have what you wrote in a folder somewhere, you're good.

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.