Book Junkies discussion

Archives > November: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Discuss away!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (JenCroup) | 5 comments I absolutely loved this book! Dorian was not a character to feel sorry for, but you had to have some kind of connection with him. This book really made me think about myself. Would I sell my soul for eternal life (I don't think so). If I did what kind of person would I be, would it make me a better person, or someone that no one could stand to be around.

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha  (theshortone08) I haven't read it but I've seen some of the movie (and yes I realize it's probably not the same) and I agree Jen it does make you think. I don't think I would sell my soul because I believe that one will end up as bad a Dorian if not worse.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Green (scrtchnsnif) | 13 comments This is a great thought-provoking book. As I was reading the book, I had to remind myself that it was written in the late 1800s.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (Faize) | 1090 comments Mod
I have a copy of this book just sitting on the shelf waiting to be read.....*sigh*.....so many books.....so little time.....

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam Kates Read it a few years ago. Can't say I loved it, but it left an impression. I can still recall the feeling of dread the book invoked when the picture was unveiled at the end.

Marija *Don't Even Try To Save Me Tonight* | 239 comments I started reading it a few months ago and haven't finish it yet... I think I'll manage to finish on winter holidays

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Kates Oh, sorry Marija. Hope I haven't spoiled it for you. Mind, it was quite a few years ago that I read it and my recall may not be very accurate so it's probably safe to ignore what I said.

Marija *Don't Even Try To Save Me Tonight* | 239 comments Nevermind Sam. My teacher spoiled enough... X)

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Pearson I think this is such a timeless book, think it is a shame it often gets overlooked on lists of classics :~)

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 100 comments I'm having such a hard time finishing this book. It's driving me insane.
I mean I know it's a classic and it's a really brilliant book. I'm a huge fan of Oscar Wilde, but for the life of me can not figure out why this story bothers me so.

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Curry  (MaggieCurryBookDragon) This book I have no strong feelings about. I liked it well enough, but didn't keep it.