She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > New "Off-topic & Buffoonery" folder

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Nov 02, 2012 02:26AM) (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
You might notice a few threads being moved around and a new folder labeled "Off-topic & Buffoonery." I'm all in for wordplay and forum games so I'll leave it up to you goofy gals to come up with some fun ideas. It's also a great way to get more acquainted with your fellow members =]

I also noticed a lot of you have your own websites and blogs. I was thinking of making a discussion folder called "She-Geeks Bloggers" or "She-Geeks Reviews" so that each of you can have your own self-titled thread with posts that link back to your site for more exposure. I'd like to read your content! Let me know if you're interested.

If you have any other ideas for discussion folders or events, feel free to ping me. If your suggestion is popular among the group, I'll definitely consider it. I'm always looking for unique ways to improve our forum.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellepotter) Shiny! I'm very pleased that my t-shirts thread gets to be one of the first in the new folder! :)

I'm all for a bloggers folder. I might have to actually start posting to my blog... :P

Anna  (Bananas!) | 758 comments Great ideas!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara G. Tarn (BarbaraGTarn) | 75 comments I also have a blog, writer Wednesdays and random Fridays of geekness (with a Monday happiness vignette and Sunday writers' wisdom)... It's on my GR Author profile, but I know not everyone is my fan or friend and can follow it, LOL!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellepotter) Just wondering if a bloggers folder is still in the works.

message 6: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (last edited Nov 14, 2012 11:18PM) (new)

Michelle wrote: "Just wondering if a bloggers folder is still in the works."

Oh yes! Matter fact, I'm about to go create the folder now... You guys like the label "She-Geeks Bloggers?" I can't think of anything better and more self-explanatory.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellepotter) That works! PS, if our blogs aren't always geeky, should we only link back to the posts that are?

message 8: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Post whatever you feel is relevant. It doesn't have to be geek-related =]

message 9: by Chimney (new)

Chimney | 471 comments Love the new blog folder! :)

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :)

message 11: by Bob (new)

Bob Knock, Knock.

message 12: by the book witch (new)

the book witch (Robyn_KG) | 50 comments Sorry to jump in and interrupt the joke sharing :) But has anyone seen this?

http://hellogiggles.com/the-geek-girl...

I honestly hate Big Bang Theory (for other reasons than those mentioned in the piece) but have had that "Oh my gosh a girl in the comic book store" glance before - and it was at Newbury Comics in Boston - not necessarily a "geeks only" kind of place. I was the only chick in the comics section and two young men - maybe 16 or 17 (I'm 29) kept staring at me. Maybe I had a piece of lettuce in my teeth or something haha who knows, but I thought this was an interesting thought!

Curious if you've had that happen, too!?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.