Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Not Finished button?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (tessreads) | 14 comments Could we get one, please? When I don't finish a book, I have to mark it as Read, which doesn't really apply. I certainly don't want to put it back on my Want To Read shelf. I do have a shelf for not finished so anyone who looks closely and/or reads my comments will know, but still, I think it's a shelf we need.

Thanks.

message 2: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 978 comments A lot of people create a shelf named "did not finish" or similar. They then make the shelf exclusive, which means it acts the same way as "read" or "to read". You can do the same and by making the shelf exclusive, keep it out of your read books.

message 3: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl It sounds like you need to make your "not finished" shelf exclusive. That way you can avoid shelving the book as Read.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I second the previous posts, I created an exclusive shelf called "abandoned" (thankfully with only 2 books in it hehe)

message 5: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) | 5937 comments There will always be more buttons. It's called 'interaction' and is always good for collecting more data to analyse and sell!

message 6: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Nov 02, 2012 07:44AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 7 comments If you need help making your did-not-finish shelf exclusive - click "My Books" from top goodreads menus; lefthand column has list of your shelves and a small "edit" menu choice to right of grayed-out word bookshelves, click that and there are columns to check to make a shelf exclusive, sortable, include in your recommendations, etc. Make sure "exclusive column" is checked for your did-not-finish shelf.

*snicker* yes, Yes, YES!!!! to no more buttons!

message 7: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Red wrote: "
Yes, this. The next one will probably be fuchsia and take up half the page. "

HAHAHA!

message 8: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (tessreads) | 14 comments Thanks so much for the info on making a shelf exclusive - I had no idea I could do that :) Appreciate the helpful feedback!!