The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

Blackjack, Tempest or Arion?

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas BLACKJACK ALL THE WAY!

Leah Yeah, I like Blackjack. I don't know why, but whenever I thought of Arion I thought of Spirit from that movie with Matt Damon.

Kathy ♡ Blackjack just cuz he's awesome!!

Marisa Blackjack! It's obvious!

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas Leah wrote: "Yeah, I like Blackjack. I don't know why, but whenever I thought of Arion I thought of Spirit from that movie with Matt Damon."

Oh yea.... But Arion is black isn't he?

Michaela Blackjack, definitely!!

Jannie Huang Blackjack!, but I also like Arion. ~^o^~

Jesten Black Jack, because of the sarcasm.

Alexis Im torn between BJ and Arion

Megan Blackjack, he is too funny!

Maari i like Blackjack alot but i like the wild nature of Arion and Tempest...

Rachel Jackson BLACKJACK!!!!!!!Arion's funny too especially the chinese-canadian baby man thing but nobody beats blackjack!!

Mrs.Crazy (nico di angelo) Leah wrote: "Yeah, I like Blackjack. I don't know why, but whenever I thought of Arion I thought of Spirit from that movie with Matt Damon."

I thought of Spirit too,every time MoA mentioned him all I could see was Spirit.

Mrs.Crazy (nico di angelo) Rachel wrote: "BLACKJACK!!!!!!!Arion's funny too especially the chinese-canadian baby man thing but nobody beats blackjack!!"

Lol, I almost forgot about that and I agree.

message 15: by Kendrastarr (new) - added it

Kendrastarr Maari wrote: "i like Blackjack alot but i like the wild nature of Arion and Tempest..."

My thoughts exactly..... I can't decide.

Cyril Anderson ALL THREE. EQUALLY. :D

message 17: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Isabella wrote: "Leah wrote: "Yeah, I like Blackjack. I don't know why, but whenever I thought of Arion I thought of Spirit from that movie with Matt Damon."

Oh yea.... But Arion is black isn't he?"

I'm actually not sure... but I see a lot of fanart where he's tan. Not that fanart is a quality resource lol but I think it's right.

message 18: by Tadafe710 (new) - added it

Tadafe710 BLACKJACK!!!!!!!

Minnie Blackjack for sure! Such a cutie! haha

message 20: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Taurus In actual combat, Tempest but since neither him or arion can be counted on,I'd say blackjack.

Akhil teja Arion

Alexis Leah wrote: "Isabella wrote: "Leah wrote: "Yeah, I like Blackjack. I don't know why, but whenever I thought of Arion I thought of Spirit from that movie with Matt Damon."

Oh yea.... But Arion is black isn't he..."

I think it described Arion as tan.

Kierstin Venne Blackjack all the way!!! Besides he's the only one that you hear say any thing except for Percy's translations!

Bonnick lets see

best personality BlackJack

Best Look Tempest

Best ability Arion

Katie Blackjack!

Aayush {Ryo} Blackjack

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America BLACKJACK! He is Faster than Tempest and is funny he always calls Percy " boss"

message 28: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Tempest!

message 29: by Drew (new) - rated it 3 stars

Drew Blackjack, then Arion. Blackjack's hilarious and he's PERCY'S PEGAUS and Arion's awesome.

Bonnick Tana wrote: "BLACKJACK! He is Faster than Tempest and is funny he always calls Percy " boss""

really is he faster i never knew? did they have a race or something because i am kinda confused about how you know that. No disrespect meant just asking how

Chelsi Blackjack anyday, simply because he likes Percy and because he's funny. Blackjack is AWESOME and totally loyal to Percy and I love that. :)

Derek Gotta give it to BlackJack. In MOA, after both Jason and Percy got into their "horseback" fight. Tempest was like, "screw you Jason, you're unconscious and can't control me now, I'm outta here". Meanwhile Blackjack did indeed run off as well, but he had the skill and will to come back and ninja his way through the crop rows. Then knock out Percy from behind. I don’t see Tempest as an ally…

From TLH
Jason could feel it fighting against him. He could sense its raging thoughts – complete chaos straining to break free. It took all Jason’s will power to impose his own wishes and bring the horse under control.

The above is Tempest, he was broken and bent to Jason’s will. I don’t see him as an ally. While he might serve Jason occasionally, because Jason won during a battle of wills, I still wait for the day when Tempest turns on him. Some day Jason’s not going to be in top condition and Tempest will have it’s revenge.

Bonnick Derek wrote: "Gotta give it to BlackJack. In MOA, after both Jason and Percy got into their "horseback" fight. Tempest was like, "screw you Jason, you're unconscious and can't control me now, I'm outta here". Me..."

well that sure escalated quickly

Derek Ehh, sorry.
Just found it funny that the first time Jason successfully called Tempest (there is mention that he has called Tempest other times successfully in the past, but this was the first time in the story), Tempest left the first chance he got. Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not wishing anything bad towards Jason (I'm not a Jason hater, but I think he needs more time to develop. After all Percybeth has had an entire series to develop, Jasper just needs time too).

Bonnick dude plz it ok for me if you hate him. Heck not everyone will like every character i myself like coach hedge more than grover. Still i just find your post mad funny even if it was indirectly meant to demean a character i like.

I do get what your saying though. I think it's because tempest as a venti wasn't meant to be controlled, even the south wind was shocked that jason managed to tame him. The relationship is young remember compared to how percy and hazel met their horse it was different for jason. Percy and hazel saved their horse jason's at first tried to kill him and then he took control of course he will have a hard time with tempest. Its an uncontrollable storm that looks like a stead.

Ashley Chambers Blackjack

FanficofBooks BLACKJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 39: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Not Percabeth again! My mortal enemy!

Nicoleofan {mellie} Oh, never mind you were. . . Never mind :)

message 42: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D LOL