City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Leonardo Dicaprio = Jace Wayland?

Comments (showing 1-48 of 48) (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda (BookMuffins) I know Jace Wayland has been cast for the upcoming City of Bones movie. Jamie Campbell Bower plays him.

However, as I was browsing the web, I came across a bunch of photos and gifs of Leonardo Dicaprio. So I wondered, could Leonardo Dicaprio (if he went back in time and became young and sweet again), be Jace Wayland?

I don't know, just a thought.

Tell me what you think below!

Here he is when he was younger:

message 2: by Briana (new) - added it

Briana Never thought about that, but i think he could maybe pull it off it's a yes and a no

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Nov 01, 2012 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (BookMuffins) Briana wrote: "Never thought about that, but i think he could maybe pull it off it's a yes and a no"

Yeah, I think he could pull it off.
I can envision him as Jace.

Meenu nooooooooooooooooooo
he's too old now!!

Amber Maybe. . . WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER. But to be honest I think he is too good of an actor to play this part.

message 6: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D When he was young, maybe, but now no.

Amber He is too good of an actor for this part! At all! Thats it!

Has nobody scene Blood Diamond or Departed! This is beneath him.

Sammy I agree with Amber

although I love CC's books, but when books are turned into movies - especially young adult ones, excluding harry potter - they turn out crap.

Amber @ Sumaya

:)

t star I think he may have been good wen he was younger but it wouldn't fit is actor image... so yes and no

Prerna He would have been okay for Jace. Only if he was young, that is. He's of the age of being Jace's father.

t star i agree with Prerna

Riké I'd watch the movie just for him :)

Charlotte Bryant hellz no.

Oakleigh Aguirre NO. he's way to old, and he doesn't have enough spunk.

message 16: by Amanda (last edited Nov 02, 2012 07:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (BookMuffins) *Note to everyone: If you read the description I ask could he have been a Jace when he was younger ?
Of course not right now. He's too old for the part now.

Jessica If he was younger I would love it! I think the pics you posted are spot on!

Deondra YES! I love him in every role he plays. He is a great actor and could have easily acted the part of Jace. If only he was young again lol.

Adrianne De Veyra Oh god that would be so awesome XD watched him in Romeo+Juliet and seriously he charmed it good. If only... *sighs*

Amanda (BookMuffins) Jessica wrote: "If he was younger I would love it! I think the pics you posted are spot on!"

Thanks so much! So do I!

message 21: by Amanda (last edited Nov 05, 2012 01:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (BookMuffins) Here's another gif of him that I think makes him look sort of Jace-like (maybe?):

Tanvi no. He has the coloring (not the eyes) but I don't think he could come across as the solid hard fighter I envision Jace to be.

Kaitlyn Gibbons This is so weird. I picture Jace as young Leo.

message 24: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Nov 05, 2012 02:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I think for these types of books that are made into movies, they need to have an unknown face to portray the characters. It just seems to work better IMO

Rachel FOCUS ON WHO IS JACE NOW!!!! JAMIE BOWER!!!!

Amanda (BookMuffins) Rachel wrote: "FOCUS ON WHO IS JACE NOW!!!! JAMIE BOWER!!!!"

I don't mind Mr. Bower. I have faith in him that he'll pull Jace's part off. I was just curious about Leonardo DiCaprio, and how he might depict Jace.

Mimi ❤ Noooooooo lol Leonardo is much to well of an actor

But Jamie actually fits Jace

Annie Carstairs OMG HE'S PERFECT!!!

I mean if he was couple(ok many) years younger he would be the perfect Jace!!!

I love them both so it would be perfect!!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Leo not only does not have the "look" of Jace, he's too old to play the role. Maybe 10 years ago if he were cast he may have been able to pull it off. But now? Definitely not.

Asser I don't think so. I love him and all but I can't see him playing Jace even when he was younger.

Stephanie Bolen He's way too old. And I see Jace as more fey looking.

Kasey Williams If he was younger then totally, but he doesn't look like that now....

message 33: by Shii (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shii if we all went back in time...YAAAAAA! holy cow! never really thought of that ;p..i could so see it!

message 34: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Em he and jamie actually look quite alike.

Daisy97 Zajicek He is completely ruined for me ever since I saw him in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". He is an excellent actor, but just watch him in that movie, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

message 36: by Shii (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shii Daisy97 wrote: "He is completely ruined for me ever since I saw him in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". He is an excellent actor, but just watch him in that movie, then you'll know what I'm talking about."

Even if u dont think hes rite for the.part the movie whats eating gilbert grape was a beutiful and moving movie. The fact he played that part really shows how well of an actor he is. I do understand y u wud get a bit creeped out but dont let it stick in ur mind as desturbing wen its so not.

message 37: by Eml (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eml Dear God yes.

Stéphanie too old.

message 39: by Yue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yue Hayley wrote: "he and jamie actually look quite alike."

WTH, no way

Daisy97 Zajicek Shii wrote: "Daisy97 wrote: "He is completely ruined for me ever since I saw him in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". He is an excellent actor, but just watch him in that movie, then you'll know what I'm talking ..."

I actually really enjoyed movie, Shii. Even when he was young he would have been wrong for this part. I find that he is sort of an over exaggerated actor in hollywood. His acting skill are all right, I suppose. He did act very well in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". But, really, anybody could be taught to at like an mentally challenged person. I'm sorry if that sounds mean.;)

Winter Raine maybe, but I don't think he could pull off the "Jace Wayland" picture. his looks fit (when he was younger) but his eyes and general attitude/way I perceive him- definitely not.

Elise he could have probably pulled it off when he was younger. i wouldnt have a problem with it.

Gabriella If Cassandra Clare wrote this book in like 1996 and Leo was like 16 then, YES. I would have loved to see him play Jace. I would have had no objections. Nice Idea :)

Amanda (BookMuffins) Gabriella wrote: "If Cassandra Clare wrote this book in like 1996 and Leo was like 16 then, YES. I would have loved to see him play Jace. I would have had no objections. Nice Idea :)"

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

message 45: by Jeni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeni Interesting that you picked Leo; I had picked River Phoenix as Jace.

(Who, incidentally, looks somewhat like Jamie Bower.)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/im...

Joannne Yes, I think a younger Leo would have played a nice Jace

Amanda (BookMuffins) Jeni wrote: "Interesting that you picked Leo; I had picked River Phoenix as Jace.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/im......"

Not bad of a choice. I don't think he looks like Mr. Bower, though.

message 48: by Yue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yue Scrooge wrote: "Jeni wrote: "Interesting that you picked Leo; I had picked River Phoenix as Jace.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/im......"

I thought that too... what with Leo and River looking like Jamie? Not at ALL.