Star Wars #1 Fans discussion

Star Wars Episode VII

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Hamlet (potterman201) | 154 comments So Disney's bought Lucas Arts and announced a new star wars movie with Lucas on as a creative adviser.
Thoughts?

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) They come out with a 7th one!!!???

message 4: by Rachael (last edited Nov 01, 2012 07:56PM) (new)

Rachael | 228 comments I hope it is live action, includes Jacen and Jaina and all of that generation and starts with those plots, and of course that it is as awesome as I imagine it being (which is frankly a tall order to live up to, especially since I can't think of a single actor or actress I would be happy with playing those two. Perhaps if they find two unknowns?)

message 5: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Hamlet (potterman201) | 154 comments I have a fear that they're going to disregard the books. While I haven't read to many of the stories after episode VI, most of the gaps are filled in and it would be hard for them not to trample over some of the material. I can't think of anyone to play Jacen or jaina either, but I'm also wondering what they'll do for Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamills looking a little chubby for a jedi master.

message 6: by Roedburn (new)

Roedburn | 2 comments I'm new here but am also a big Star Wars fan. I heard or read somewhere that it won't be based on the expanded universe, something totally new. Still really excited for it, and I hope Disney does a tv show or something for The New Jedi Order, I need to see the Yuuzhan Vong War!

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Isaac wrote: "I have a fear that they're going to disregard the books. While I haven't read to many of the stories after episode VI, most of the gaps are filled in and it would be hard for them not to trample ov..."

LOL

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 33 comments The lucasfilm source said the new movies (when asked about using the Thrawn trilogy as the plot) will be original stories which means they will not be using any of the Expanded Universe material. There were theories that the stories may take place several generations in the future which would avoid conflict with the EU material but I think there is a significant chance the new films will directly conflict with the current EU canon. This may be a disappoint for those of us that love the books so much. I would prefer to see the Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy, or NJO as movies but I don't believe that is going to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10...

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Are they going to start something new or just do a 7th one like RIGHT after the 6th?

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim | 33 comments I believe the original theory was for this to be a third set of generational stories. The first series focused on Obi-Wan/Anakin's generation, the next set on Luke/Leia's generation, thus this third series would logically focus on the adult children of Luke/Leia to keep with the theme.

message 11: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) When do you think it would come out?

message 12: by Isaac (new)

Isaac Hamlet (potterman201) | 154 comments It's set for a 2015 release.

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Oh Wow....... thats a long time.......

message 14: by Colby (new)

Colby (Ybloc01) | 1 comments Grace wrote: "Oh Wow....... thats a long time......."

Isaac wrote: "I have a fear that they're going to disregard the books. While I haven't read to many of the stories after episode VI, most of the gaps are filled in and it would be hard for them not to trample ov..."

They came our whith a video

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) they came OUT WITH a video

message 16: by Grace (new)

Grace  (sweetiepie1000) Can you post a link?

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 33 comments Did anyone else see they plan on releasing some spin-off movies as well featuring individual characters including a possible Han Solo origin story, Yoda, or Boba Fett?

Looks like Disney is really going on in with Star Wars films now that they own them. One of the scriptwriters is the guy who wrote/directed Empire Strikes Back.

message 19: by Daniella (new)

Daniella Nicole | 24 comments I am so psyched about this and now I can't wait for 2015!!!!!!! When I found out I screamed for 20 seconds then started crying for literally half an hour. I couldn't stop shaking! I'm SO HAPPY!!!

message 20: by Daniella (new)

Daniella Nicole | 24 comments James wrote: "The lucasfilm source said the new movies (when asked about using the Thrawn trilogy as the plot) will be original stories which means they will not be using any of the Expanded Universe material. ..."

Episode 7 will be mostly about the next generation of Jedi after Episode 6. Carrie Fischer, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford are already signed up! Yay Episode 7!!!!!!