Debate discussion

Other Debates > Immigration

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The New Maria (new)

The New Maria (emeraldmaria) | 1950 comments What should be done about it?

message 2: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Hmm... im not sure exactly....

message 3: by Sheeky (last edited Jul 13, 2009 08:55PM) (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Well.......I got nothin. Ask my parents. They immigrated here from Jamaica........cuz I dont have a clue.....

message 4: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Border fence! And then when we have that set we can deal with the problems with becoming a citizen. But we shouldn't arrest our border patrol for doing their jobs (i.e. Agents Ramos and Compean).

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

first of all i dont believe in seperating lands is necessary cuz it just proves how greed took over the world

message 6: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments Are we talking illegal immigration?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

doesnt matter. the only reason they call it ilegal is because the government wont be able to keep up with its population. i kno im mexican and all but dont think that ill stand up for my own race cuz i usually dont, i just believe in equality

message 8: by Kyle (last edited Jul 13, 2009 09:08PM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) There SHOULD be a fence. Its not like we are cutting off Texas, a part of our OWN country, we are seperating America from Mexico. Two seperate countries, not joined in anyway.

And no they call it illegal because: 1. they aren't filling out the paperwork 2. they break the law by working in america without A. citizenship or B. a work visa. 3. this is not the first time in history an influx of immigrants from Mexico have run across the border.

Its not seperating lands its border control. Canada doesn't need a fence because their citizens are illegally entering our country.

ALSO, why shouldn't we lock down our borders when Mexico has THEIR drug wars spilling into America and killing AMERICANS. Either Mexico needs to actually control their country and their citizens or America is going to have to do it for them. Mexico needs to use its military to stop the drug wars or America will get involved.

A fence or the U.S. Military. Mexico can decide.

message 9: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments ...makes me glad I live on an island...

message 10: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Where you live? Puerto Rico? Hawaii? Guam? lol

message 11: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments Hahaha...Australia!

message 12: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) Awesome!

message 13: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I know I was naming U.S. territories and states and then I was like...wait...'lorna sounds aussie-ish' :P

Where you live in Australia? I vacationed there last year for like a month, I would move there in a heart beat :D

message 14: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments Victoria, La Trobe Valley. The arsehole of the nation. Hehe.

message 15: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) lol I went to Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra :P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

once you think about it thers no need for borders. equality begins with unification which its obviouse we have trouble doing because of greed. dont ever think the government gives a fuck about its people. a man with power only wants more power

message 17: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) No there is a need for borders because if there wasn't one person or one group of people would decide everything for the whole 'unified' world/country and they would have supreme power over everything, that would not work.

But sense there IS borders, the one between America and mexico should be strengthened and the illegals that are found should not be given a second chance they should be deported. And if they have a kid on american soil (which gives the family immediate citizenship for some stupid reason) they should have to either leave the kid in america as an orphan till the family can come adopt him legally or take the child back to mexico with them and gain access to america the right way.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

what makes you think there will be one supreme power? what if there was no power to begin with?

message 19: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Why are you so anti-immigrant Kyle? Do you want to go out in the fields and pick strawberries for 25 cents an hour, pay into social security and get nothing back, and not get healthcare? Sounds like a dreamy life to me.

message 20: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I'm anti-illegal immigrant.

Immigrants can come right in I don't care. Its the illegals I care about.

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Davis wrote: "Why are you so anti-immigrant Kyle? Do you want to go out in the fields and pick strawberries for 25 cents an hour, pay into social security and get nothing back, and not get healthcare? Sounds lik..."

Yes and then those same illegals bitch about how to do that work and not getting anything back because they forget the fact that they're ILLEGAL.

message 22: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin "Immigrants can come right in I don't care. Its the illegals I care about."

wow...i was just going to say that

message 23: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Operation: Overlord =Erick= wrote: "what makes you think there will be one supreme power? what if there was no power to begin with?"

lol that made me laugh. Thats called Eutopia and will never happen.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

so you believe in power? lol makes me want to kill everyone who follows greed

message 25: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin why are guys so violent?..

message 26: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) I don't believe in power but I'm not going to be naive and believe that something can happen and it can't. Its called a dream for a reason.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

martin luther king believed in a dream that many people found impossible. dreams can be done and they WILL be done again, even if it means more sacrifice (including myself)

message 28: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) How did I know MLK would be brought up once I said that?

MLK had a REALISTIC dream. That wasn't a dream at all it was inevitable thing, just like gay marriage is an inevitable thing.

Your dream is a world without power, and greed. And sense you claim to be atheist you will never see that. Only religions claim to see a world that will be perfect and without sin. By being atheist you contradict your own dream.

Comparing your dream and MLK's are no where near worth a comparison, I'm sorry.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

you dont know my beliefs so i suggest you silence yourself right now. MLK believed in equality and so do i. The only reason people wont follow is because they expect someone to do for them like if they're scared of peace. In other words im talking about you.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can"
-DMLK

message 30: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 5270 comments :)

message 31: by Kyle (last edited Jul 13, 2009 10:39PM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) So your beliefs are that you don't want a world with power and greed? Because that is exactly what you've been saying this whole time.

Equality? Becasue I don't want fucking illegal mexicans crossing the border into my country ILLEGALLY I don't believe in equality. Who the fuck do you think you are?

I said his dream was realistic and yours wasn't. How did you get that I didn't believe in equality? Whose pretending to know others peoples beliefs again?

All I did was rephrase what you had been saying and you go and put words in my mouth.

Scared of peace? That makes no sense, whose scared of peace?

"The only reason peoplew ont follow is because they expect someone to do for them like if they're scared of peace"

Actually this whole sentence did not make sense. Did you leave out like a little chunk of it in the middle or something?

"expect someone to do for them"

So your saying I need to put the fence up myself? Because I'll do it.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

no shit sherlock, the world WOULD be better without greed and power

if you dont want illegal people then just get rid of the borders that defines them as illiegal

you said yo dont want illegals to come in, i dont think thats believing in equality last time i checked

i cant put words in your mouth, im just saying what you said

you're scared of peace, thats why you want borders up to keep the boogymen out lol

its not my fault you're not well educated

if you wana put up the fence, thats exactly my point in why you're affraid of people you don know. who said this was your country anyway? you slaughtered almost ever indian here and claimed it yours(dont tell me thats not greed or power) then you took all of the west and some of the south from mexico BY FORCE. so dont tell me what equality means to you you havnt even witnessed massacres in front of you because of people's petty differences

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

you havnt gone through enough shit to be saying you know what the world needs

message 34: by Kyle (last edited Jul 13, 2009 11:42PM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Operation: Overlord =Erick= wrote: "you havnt gone through enough shit to be saying you know what the world needs"

Oh and you have?

Borders are there because that makes everything easier to deal with. If their wasn't borders than laws would be harder to uphold and anarchy would become far more common place than it already is.

Illegals aren't LEGAL they don't get fucking equality!!! A child molestor did something illegal. Are you going to treat that illegal criminal the same as you would your church going family friend from down the street? No your not.

Yes. Illegals are criminals becasue they by being in the U.S. ILLEGALLY are breaking the law thereby making them criminals thereby not deserving equality. Not to mention their illegal. I don't care if that illegal is white, black, mexican, asian, indian, native american.

"if you wana put up the fence, thats exactly my point in why you're affraid of people you don know. who said this was your country anyway? you slaughtered almost ever indian here and claimed it yours(dont tell me thats not greed or power) then you took all of the west and some of the south from mexico BY FORCE. so dont tell me what equality means to you you havnt even witnessed massacres in front of you because of people's petty differences"

Oh were putting race into this now? Okay.

I'm not scared of the boogeyman because I don't know him. I'm scared of the boogeyman because the boogerymen are dumb fuck mexicans who kill each other over fucking drug territory. Who fucked up their country SO bad they're running to America.

So I physically took that land from the indians and teh mexicans? Damn I'm old. Wow you racist mother fucker. Why don't you and every other fucking person who has a chip on their shoulder against white people go fuck yourselves.

None of that shit happened to anyone alive specifically. And none of that shit was done by the white people alive today. Yes we took the west and south by force because it was easy pickens and we wanted the land. We offered to buy the land but Mexico said no, so we took it. Actually we controlled mexico but it was such a pile of shit that we gave it back.

Oh and before playing the evil white man card why not look down south of the border at what goes on in precious mexico: drug wars, starvation, homelessness, poverty through the roof, HUMAN TRAFFICKING: before you go and start judging America.

And I want a fence up because Americans die because of stupid Mexican problems. It shouldn't be happening but it does. But of course by your logic we should just open up our borders and let those gangs and their drug wars in with open arms. 'Come here Mexico Mami America here!'

If we opened our borders to mexico that would make mexico a state you dumb fuck.

I'm not educated? At least I know the difference between and Indian and a native american.

message 35: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin im a Native American

message 36: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Apparently I need to apologize for stealing your land from you. Native Americans are the only group of people who might possibly deserve to bitch and moan...native americans do the least bitching and moaning!!!

It just astonishes me it really does...

Sorry when people play the race card, especially in our generation, it bugs the fuck out of me.

message 37: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin so what i just made you mad by saying i was Native American? You know the whole stealing land thing actaully pisses me off because Native Americans were here long before the settlers came and then they all just decided to kick the Native American's off their land because they wanted to expand...But you don't need to apologize because it is all over and done with and you personally didn't steal the land, it would still be nice if someone did though

message 38: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin The Native American in me comes from my mother's side, when i go to visit my relatives i always like going to the Menominee Reservation to see my great uncles and aunts, im part Menominee and Onieda, it's pretty cool if you ask me

message 39: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) LittleDolphin wrote: "so what i just made you mad by saying i was Native American? You know the whole stealing land thing actaully pisses me off because Native Americans were here long before the settlers came and then ..."

No you didn't make me mad. The other guy did. I was saying you all deserve to bitch and moan and do like the least amount of it. I hate it when people play the race card...oooo it irks me to no end! Sorry.

Oh I know the history. The trail of tears, the reservations, all that jazz. Terrible stuff. I was just saying that after all that Native americans still do the least amount of complaining and yet they deserve to do the most.

Congress did already offically apologize for that. Just like they just recently apologized for slavery towards blacks.

message 40: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Yes, saying your sorry makes it all better.

I would also like to point out that every Native American I've met (including those in my family, I have some Indian blood) think reservations are a travesty and despicable treatment to a group of people.

message 41: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin I recently studied the Trail of Tears again

I know they apologized but i dont know, its hard to explain, its like even though they apologized it still doesnt take it all back which is a downfall...

i always made my class get into big discussions about Native Americans in History when ever the teachers brought it up, as soon as they did everyone would look at me for a response and i always had one, the teachers would ask me how i felt about certain things that happened and they would end up feeling one way about it before the discusion and another way at the end

message 42: by Kyle (last edited Jul 14, 2009 12:14AM) (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) My 'I have to say sorry thing' was sarcasm. I don't actually think I have to say sorry just because I'm white, thats bull.

When I said sorry in that post it was for the rant not for the reservations and everything thats happened in history.

message 43: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) "Yes, saying your sorry makes it all better"

I never incenuated that the apologies would I just said that congress did.

message 44: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin I understood that..

message 45: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments Whites FUCKED Native Americans. Raped, killed and pillaged and left a proud people broken. We took without giving anything back. The Native Americans are a rape victim of the United States WASP's.

message 46: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Oh my god...we know.

LD, did I ever incenuate that I didn't understand any of that?

Thats sort of why I said they have more of a right to bitch and moan then everyone else....

message 47: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin any of what..?

message 48: by Davis (new)

Davis (DavisMattek) | 3837 comments I wasn't attempting to instigate Kyle, just mentioning.

message 49: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) What Davis said.

We're basically having the same conversation in two threads...you realize?

To the Davis thread.

message 50: by LittleDolphin (new)

LittleDolphin Oh no you didn't

"Native Americans are the only group of people who might possibly deserve to bitch and moan."

its obvious that you undertstood that alot has been taken from them

« previous 1