Antonello Fiore- Q & A Session discussion

Promoting Your Book

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to hear from the rest of you discussing your strategies on how to promote your book. Which ideas didn't work and which ideas skyrocketed your promotion plans?

message 2: by Pam (new)

Pam Funke | 1 comments What are you currently doing to promote your book? Are you using any unique strategies? How are they working for you?

Me personally, I have a fan page on facebook, a twitter account as well as a blog. They all work towards promoting my books. I also have an ad on the back window of my car and door magnets. I also create flyers for my books to hand out wherever permitted.

message 3: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey (INSURRBUTION) I don't have a book published yet, but every so often I provide updates via my blog.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Updating blogs are a fantastic way of getting the word out. What I have done as of late to help promote my book was to create a facebook page of my book, a twitter account, creating an account on authonomy (first number of chapters are available), my very own website (www.antonellofiore.webs.com, writing blogs, and creating business cards and flyers.
Last not not least, it is always a good idea of printing a good number of copies of your books. As well, create a book information sheet, describing your book and yourself and head over to local bookstores. Asking for book reviews and calling your radio stations and newspapers can always place an ad for your book.

Let me know which other strategies could work. Enjoy!

message 5: by Pamela (last edited Nov 03, 2012 02:51PM) (new)

Pamela Craft Jenewein (Scottieluvr) What about 'YouTube' video book trailers? Anyone utilized this form of advertising?

Has anyone done a blog tour? If so are they worth the effort?

In my previous entrepreneurial efforts (Virtual Assistant, now Nut Farmer), word-of-mouth generated the most customers than any other marketing campaign I participated. With that said, do you participate with other bloggers in your specific genre? If so, is that working well for you?

In your humble opinion, what are the pros and cons of all your marketing attempts?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for your ideas Pamela. A YouTube" video trailer sounds like an effective way of promoting a book. I haven't attempted that yet. Once I discover the steps of making a video trailer, I may look into creating one as well.
I'm glad that you brought up blog tours. I have heard that a few times in the past but do not fully understand the concept behind. Can you please describe what blog tours do?
Finally, I totally agree with you that word-of-mouth advertising seems to be the most affective. Wherever and whomever you are with, you need to be ready to talk about your book and making sure you constantly have something with you that is connected with your book. This may include a copy of your book, a book information sheet, business card, flyer, bookmark, etc...
If there are other items or other ways of promoting your book by word-out-mouth, please do share them.
Thank you!

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Craft Jenewein (Scottieluvr) Antonello,

Here's a web site that explains blog tours quite well:

What's a Book Blog Tour

You have efficiently detailed all "word-of-mouth" marketing I have been taught. I do know that its a constant pandering taking every opportunity that avails itself. After a while you'll feel like that's ALL you do: market, market, market, market. Its exhausting. *LOL*

Maintain a blog presence, and ask other bloggers , in your genre, to sign up with your blog and you return the favor. Other marketing suggestions include writing articles for other blogs, magazines, news feeds, etc. Participate in online chats, online radio conferences, and offer to teach at writer's conferences.

I love Pam's idea, "I also have an ad on the back window of my car and door magnets." I thought of printing t-shirts for my personal web site; that I wear and maybe sell on my site.

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Craft Jenewein (Scottieluvr) Another idea...

Have you a LinkedIn presence?

If not, here’s where to sign up: http://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=hb_home

Once you get an account you can add me if you’d like: www.linkedin.com/in/pamelajenewein

Then search for these groups that will aid in developing a marketing strategy.

1. Cover to Cover Group Members [group-digest@linkedin.com]
2. Marketing Tips - Authors, Marketers, Vendors and Entrepreneurs Group Members [group-digests@linkedin.com]

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for this new information Pamela. I will definitely make an account and then add you. Can you please tell us your experience from this site?

message 10: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Napoli | 3 comments Well, here's one I haven't seen mentioned. Often, at restaurants, sitting at the theater next to someone new, shopping, etc., the subject of what I do comes up - and the answer is, of course, that I'm an author. Then the interest really builds. So before the conversation ends, I pull out a card featuring my latest work, and give it to the person I've been talking with. Or I stick it in every check I pay in a restaurant. All it takes is a few people who love your work to get the word out. Then, pop! 25 - 30 more additional sales right away (versus running average).

On the business card, I have the book description (6-point font, but readable), my name, the book's title, and the links to Amazon and B&N.

- Gi

message 11: by C.M. (new)

C.M. Doporto (cmdoporto) | 2 comments Giulia wrote: "Well, here's one I haven't seen mentioned. Often, at restaurants, sitting at the theater next to someone new, shopping, etc., the subject of what I do comes up - and the answer is, of course, that ..."

Giulia what company do you use for your business cards, etc.?

message 12: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Napoli | 3 comments My publisher, Global Jele, supplied them. I don't know whom they use, but they are in full color, with the book cover icon and blue lettering. They are printed on both sides, with the summary on the back.

If you want to try this, you can get super-smooth-perforated sheets of business cards to use on a regular printer and try to make your own. I looked them up for you - they are Avery 28878 "White, Clean Edge Business Cards." I'm pretty sure Staples has them. You can use the Avery 8371 Template in MS Word and they work perfectly. I've used them in the past for other things.

Hope that helps.

- Gi

message 13: by C.M. (new)

C.M. Doporto (cmdoporto) | 2 comments Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for your comments and questions. I also have business cards. I got them from Vistaprint. I got them a few months back- for 250 cards, the price was 10$ + tax + shipping fees. This was for writing on one side only. More more information, please feel free taking a look at their website.

I always carry information of my book with me at all times. In my car, I always have business cards, flyers, book information papers, and copies of my book. I am always ready to talk about my book at all times. That is what we need to do to help promote our books.

Hope to hear from you soon. Wishing you all the best!