☺ Books Are Better Than Ice Cream ☺ discussion

Books into Movies > Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (IzzyLightfleur) | 334 comments Mod
:O................FAIL!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol Epic fail!

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

'Epic' is right. The special effects where awesome! But the plot was off, the characters were off. Annabeth was a freaking BRUNET when she was supposed to be BLONDE.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

They got their freakig ages and looks wrong. Wasn't Percy supposed to be in a boarding school? And wasnt he supposed to be 12 not 16?

message 5: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

Yep. And the quest was supposed to be 'Find the Zeus's bolt or there will be war'. Instead it was more like 'Hey! Find these pearls if ya' want help'

message 6: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (gkj19) | 22 comments I didn't watch it yet and I know it's horrible. Isn't Alexandra Daddario 26? And she has brown hair and blue eyes!

message 7: by Daria (new)

Daria  (Blame-The-Nargles) i HATED how they WERE NOT 12 AND how Annabeth wasnt BLONDE (which is a HUGE thing)
but i do think Logan Lerman (EEEEK HES SOOO HOT) is a good Percy Jackson FOR THE LATER MOVIES!!!
overall: it was a fail and WAAaaay too different from the book!! i was disappointed. :'(

message 8: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

Fails: ~~~~~~~~ Okay With:
a.)Plot a.)Special effects
b.)Character age
c.)ALL of Annabeth's appearance

message 9: by Daria (new)

Daria  (Blame-The-Nargles) Izzy99 ~* I Love Books *~ wrote: "Fails: ~~~~~~~~ Okay With:
a.)Plot a.)Special effects
b.)Character age
c.)ALL of Annabeth's appearance"

true dat i agree!!!

message 10: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

Yay! Someone agrees with me! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i agree too

message 12: by Daria (new)

Daria  (Blame-The-Nargles) im pretty sure every PJ fan would agree...THEY SEVERELY MESSED UP THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!

message 13: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

Heck to the yeah

message 14: by Farhia (new)

Farhia (farhia97) | 30 comments I watched the movie first and thought it was really good, until I read the book. Then I started hated the movie ;)

message 15: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Mod ~I'm the definition of awesomeness~ (new)

Yerp. Movie is good without the book. If only it was good with the book too..

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay I didn't like how much they changed the book but Percy was adorable and annabeth was beautiful

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Well 11 year old going across the states may have seemed far fetched to the directors but Logan lermans new hair cut is not so good