Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > National Novel Writing Month 2012 Commiseration Thread

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Oct 31, 2012 08:22AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9526 comments Mod
November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I am doing it again. Anyone else?

This thread is for members who are doing it to cheer each other own and encourage each other.

I have no idea what I am going to write!!!

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4083 comments Mod
I'm not doing it this year, but I'm cheering everyone on.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9526 comments Mod
Thanks, Arch!

message 4: by Arch (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Thanks, Arch!"

:)

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Spaz_Girl) IS IT REALLY???

I've been meaning to start mine for (no scolding me you guys) years! Wow. I resolve to write this month!

PLEASE send me your happy thoughts and encouragement (and gentle prodding)! I will do the same for all of you!

message 6: by Arch (new)

You guys can do this. When I did it for the first time in 2009 it was fun. I didn't find my story, but I have reached my NaNoWriMo word count.

You can do it, Kristina!

Well, I started. I have a story going. We'll see where we're headed with this.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments I decided not to do it this year. I have too many unfinished manuscripts now. But I'll use the enthusiasm generated by others to spur me on to finish 1 thing. I'm even going to a Nanowrimo write-in at a local library. A friend sponsers it each year for the last 4 years.

Good luck to anyone working on those 50K!

message 10: by Arch (new)

You ladies can do this!

Thanks, Andrea.

I've been really busy with other stuff so far, but I am going to get into gear and do more writing!

Good luck to you on your writing endeavors, Andrea!

message 13: by Arch (new)

Go ladies!

message 14: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Spaz_Girl) Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "You can do it, Kristina!"

Thank you Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress!

message 15: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Spaz_Girl) So far, I've been trying to meet a work deadline and falling into bed each night in exhaustion. Guess what though, that deadline is tomorrow morning, so after that... LOOK OUT!

message 16: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments Come on, ladies! You can do this. Nope you have all voted today or will shortly. Then write a few pages!

My write in was a blast on Sunday. It really helped me kick-start this story that's been lying dormant since last year. I even worked on it Monday during breaks while on sub duty at a local high school. Now, I've spent way too much time on the internet today, but I did manage a little more outlining.

Good luck to everyone. Danielle, Kristina, how's it going? Anyone else got their groove on?

Andrea, it's sort of like pulling teeth, but it's coming. I think I know what I want to do now and have some ideas to work with.

I'm glad your write-in was productive.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I was going to do a mini version - write every day but no word goal - that lasted all of three days and I came down with a stinking head cold! maybe next year! good luck everyone else whose doing it

message 19: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (Spaz_Girl) S.J. wrote: "I was going to do a mini version - write every day but no word goal - that lasted all of three days and I came down with a stinking head cold! maybe next year! good luck everyone else whose doing it"

Oh! =(
Hope you feel better!
I wound up with 3 sick kids myself. I'm sure I'll get it any day now. There is only so much mess you can clean up before it starts breaking down your own immunity. >_<

message 20: by Arch (new)

Get well soon S.J.

Ladies continue to write. I will be doing some writing this month as well. I still don't have the internet, but that will not stop me from writing. I'll post to my story, when I get the internet again.

Feel better soon, SJ.

Looking forward to more of your story, Arch.

I'm behind on my novel count, but I am not giving up (shakes fist in victory)!

message 22: by Arch (new)

You can do this Danielle.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks everyone - starting to feel better now and have got back to my short story. Keep it up everyone

message 24: by Arch (new)

You can do this S.J.

Thanks, Arch.

Glad you're feeling better, SJ.

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments S.J. and Arch, keep it up. They tell me don't worry about the days you missed, just pick it up and keep on. Well, I missed several days too. I did a little this morning and plan to keep on.

A little at a time. I just need to stop worrying about it being crappy. That's my huge hindrance.

message 28: by Arch (new)

Thanks Andrea.

Danielle just write. Don't worry about how the story sounds. It's not crap.

I am really bad at that, but I'll try, Arch. Thanks for the encouragement.

message 30: by Arch (new)

Ladies tomorrow is Thanksgiving, enjoy that day with family and friends if they are in your company. Don't worry about writing too much. Write a little. You all can do this!

Thanks for all the support, Arch and everyone else. I was able to finish. Hallelujah!