Stardust
This topic is about Stardust
Book Cover Help > Cover please

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Crisostomo (esseh) | 16 comments thanks in advance

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Could you please provide a non-bookseller link for the image? Thanks.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you have an image we can use?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

We can't use data or images from Amazon, I'm afraid.

message 6: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Crisostomo (esseh) | 16 comments err.. subterranean press? https://subterraneanpress.com/images/...

message 8: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Perfect. Added.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Added.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, lafon, you live up to your book ninja name!

message 11: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Crisostomo (esseh) | 16 comments thank you!

message 12: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Crisostomo (esseh) | 16 comments better! thank you again!

message 13: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Nikki wrote: "lol, lafon, you live up to your book ninja name!"

:D

message 14: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Sorry. I'm having one of those days. I've just replaced someones image for the seond time in the last 10 mins. Revert it if is no good. [goes off to get drink]

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I assume you changed it to the HarperCollins image, Banjomike, so I updated it to the Subterranean Press image. That right?

message 16: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Nikki wrote: "I assume you changed it to the HarperCollins image, Banjomike, so I updated it to the Subterranean Press image. That right?"

if that is the one you prefer then I'm happy with that. For the record, the image I used was the right-hand side of the publishers image. I just liked the look of it.

message 17: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Crisostomo (esseh) | 16 comments Is it just me or the image broken?
Btw, I like the HarperCollins (right image) better.

message 18: by Banjomike (last edited Oct 30, 2012 01:26PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Nikki, just a thought. William Morrow is an imprint of Harper Collins so the Harper cover isn't WRONG as such.

message 19: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Nico wrote: "Is it just me or the image broken?
Btw, I like the HarperCollins (right image) better."

Caching delay. It can sometimes take a while to update.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I went with the Sub Press initially because the HC one looked...kind of like an in-development picture? If you know what I mean? Like those graphic mock-ups of kicthens before you install one lol. Plus I felt it was more consistent with the rest of the covers on the site. But whichever is fine! I don't mind either. It's been a long day and I thought you were asking for it to be changed back.

message 21: by vicki_girl (last edited Oct 30, 2012 03:22PM) (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Banjomike wrote: "Nico wrote: "Is it just me or the image broken?
Btw, I like the HarperCollins (right image) better."

Caching delay. It can sometimes take a while to update."

I think in this case it was actually broken. It wasn't working for me either, so I re-added it.

message 22: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments Nikki wrote: "It's been a long day and I thought you were asking for it to be changed back."

Not asking, no.

Stardust is published by HarperCollins via William Morrow. Subterranean Press seem to be just a reseller of this book so I'm not sure we should use their image anyway. It is also a dramatically different colour to the publisher image.

HC
http://www.harpercollins.com/harperim...

Sub
http://subterraneanpress.com/images/s...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

No problem. Like I said, it's been a long day. If you want to upload the other cover, that's fine by me. :)

message 24: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments Banjomike wrote: "Subterranean Press seem to be just a reseller of this book so I'm not sure we should use their image anyway."

Subterranean is a small press that acquires permission/license from the original publisher to print special editions of popular books, e.g. leatherbound editions, signed and lettered editions etc., similar to Easton Press. They also produce some original works as well.

So we should be able to use their images.

message 25: by Banjomike (last edited Oct 30, 2012 03:52PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments vicki_girl wrote: "Subterranean is a small press that acquires permission/license from the original publisher to print special editions of popular books, e.g. leatherbound editions, signed and lettered editions etc., similar to Easton Press. They also produce some original works as well.

So we should be able to use their images."

I know they are a "proper" publisher but in this particular case I noticed that they refer to Stardust as though it is NOT their product and they were just selling it.

"Published by HarperCollins

Limited: $150

This fall, HarperCollins is publishing a signed limited edition of Neil Gaiman’s illustrated novel, Stardust. We’ve been lucky enough to lock in a small quantity of the print run for our customers. Their signed limited edition of Neverwhere was gorgeous. We expect nothing less of this production."

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/pr...