Nordic Noir discussion

Author of the Month > December, 2012 - Sara Blaedel

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Sara Blaedel is going to be our Featured Author in December

the 4th book in her Louise Rick series - Farewell to Freedom is due out on the 2nd. Although, it is only the 3rd to be translated!

Call Me Princess
Only One Life
Farewell to Freedom

message 2: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Gotta stalk Farewell to Freedom! Can't wait..Sara is quickly becoming my favorite female NN author!

message 3: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Bumping since its December!

message 4: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments I have Farewell to Freedom now and will be starting it hopefully this weekend.

message 5: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments my library doesn't have it yet and I keep hoping someone will release it as an audiobook

message 6: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ I have Farewell to Freedom as well. Hoping to start in the next couple of days. Sounds really good.

message 7: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments call me princess just came in in ebook form - i've had it reserved, so I am going to start that today

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Happy to see Sara Blaedel as Author of the Month. She's a great person and I wish you could read her Danish tweets and posts on Facebook - I love her sense of humor :-)

If interested, you can visit my blog. I made a post about Sara in November - http://danishbookshelf.wordpress.com/...

So far I've only read Grønt støv and Call Me Princess but I have the entire series on my bookshelf :-)

message 9: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments i've read her english tweets - she is entertaining - she re-tweeted my review of Only One Life a few months back

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (ErinFaye) | 2 comments Hi all: I have some extra copies of CALL ME PRINCESS, and if any of the group members would like one (for yourself or your local library), please just send me a message. I'll even include a signed bookplate from Sara! :)

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) Well I finished Only One Life: A Novel and with all that's happened last week, it started out spooky with her teacher and school friends being interviewed. However when I got through that it took off. It was a good read.

message 12: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Am really enjoying Farewell to Freedom. So far, I think this is the best of hers. Very, very low on any romance and is weaving a really nice mystery as to how two storylines intersect. I can't wait to find out.

message 13: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments I finished Farewell to Freedom. Although it wasn't my favorite of hers and I still preferred ONLY ONE LIFE...this was good. Again, she wrote on a topic that could occur in everyday life. There was also no romance in this one. Always a bonus for me.

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (JennyIL) | 20 comments Call me Princess was available as an e-book through Overdrive. I really enjoyed it.

message 15: by Ellie (new)

Ellie M (elliemcc11) | 17 comments Erin wrote: "Hi all: I have some extra copies of CALL ME PRINCESS, and if any of the group members would like one (for yourself or your local library), please just send me a message. I'll even include a signed ..."

Do you still have these and would you post to the UK?

message 16: by Naomi, the Sanity Check (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) | 932 comments Erin wrote: "Hi all: I have some extra copies of CALL ME PRINCESS, and if any of the group members would like one (for yourself or your local library), please just send me a message. I'll even include a signed ..."

Wow...how did Dee and I miss this? That is SO cool, Erin! Thanks!

message 17: by Blackkit10 (new)

Blackkit10 | 17 comments Erin wrote: "Hi all: I have some extra copies of CALL ME PRINCESS, and if any of the group members would like one (for yourself or your local library), please just send me a message. I'll even include a signed ..."

Hello Erin,
I know it's very late to ask, but do you still have copies left?
I would love to have one.

Thank You,

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (ErinFaye) | 2 comments I believe I do :) Please email me your address-- erin@hewpr.com. Thanks,

message 19: by Art (new)

Art Levine (httpgoodreadscomArt_Levine) | 2 comments I'm a fan of nordic noir, but I'm unclear if there's an online discussion reading group affiliated with Nordic Noir group, where can one see past or currents discussions posted, and is there a time frame to read any particular book and discuss it? Also, where does this nordic noir discussion group --or anywhere on goodreads - post a list of its favorite Nordic Noir books or authors? I'm a fan of the author of hypothermia, etc., among others, including Mankell, early to middle Nesbo, and Karen Fossum, etc.

message 20: by Dee, the Insanity Check (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 652 comments Art - we don't have a specific favorites list - we have one about intro books to NN - best bet is just to explore the group

message 21: by Blackkit10 (new)

Blackkit10 | 17 comments Erin wrote: "I believe I do :) Please email me your address-- erin@hewpr.com. Thanks,"

Thank you so much, I sent my address to your goodreads account :)