Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (ALB2012) | 189 comments Does anyone use LinkedIn. I saw an interesting article- http://www.indiesunlimited.com/2012/1...

Now this looks useful so I went to sign up but it seems to be more focused for professionals- in that I mean IT professionals, teachers etc. I also wasn't happy with it displaying where I work, but you have to put something in. I work somewhere where we deal with sensitive info and I don't want all and sundry having my private email thanks. Or directly linking my books with work.

Anyway there was an option to pay up some coin and get a wider service and I suspect that might be better.

Anyone else have experience of this site? I am thinking it is another site to lure me away from writing.

message 2: by Thayer (new)

Thayer Berlyn I am signed up on LinkedIn and belong to a writers group there, but I don't find it useful for marketing as such. The group discussions are interesting, kind of a question/thought type of thing.

message 3: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (ALB2012) | 189 comments I have facebook, here, Google plus and now shelfari so not bothered about elsewhere. Linked in is a bit too corporate for me, I get enough of that at work.

Michael Cargill Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 372 comments Yeah, I've found LinkedIn a bit pants to be honest.

Shelfari doesn't actually seem to have much activity.