Barrel Fever: Stories and Essays Barrel Fever discussion

Not Funny

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

hlittlef Some one explain to me how this book is funny.

Robin I have no idea. I love all of the author's books, but not this one. I would never have read any of the others if this was the first I picked up.

hlittlef unfortunately this is the first book I read of his. It will take a lot for me to pick up another one of his books.

Robin wrote: "I have no idea. I love all of the author's books, but not this one. I would never have read any of the others if this was the first I picked up."

Robin I read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" first. Try it. There were parts where I laughed so hard that I cried.

Mysticpt very funny author , i look forward to his every new book.

Trista Carter I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who feel that this book is not funny. I have been a Sedaris fan for a long time, and was excited to find this book (the only one of his that I didn't have). Other than a slight chuckle at some of the essays at the end, I felt like I had to force myself to keep reading this.

Naomi I couldn't finish this book. It wasn't any good in my opinion, but I really enjoy his other books. I'm listening to "Me Talk Pretty One Day" on audiobook, and I'm starting to think he's even more funny on audiobook than on text?! I literally walk around with my headphones in my ears listening to it, and I'll end up laughing in public -- I probably look really weird. (He reads his book to you.)

Naomi Robin wrote: "I read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" first. Try it. There were parts where I laughed so hard that I cried."

I do this too. So good!