Death Note, Vol. 7: Zero (Death Note, #7) Death Note, Vol. 7 discussion

L fan club!

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

james This is a discussion for people who love L from Deathnote!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Heh, L, I particularly love him because of his complexity as a character, his deep connection with Light's personality and not necessarily just because he's "the good guy" as a lot of fans of Death Note think. Because he's not the good guy. I wonder how many agree with me in this point.

Sandra I loved L so much, but I always liked Light better, hehehe.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL...
Love our L. My friend totally htought of that the other day.

Anna Kļaviņa Abigail wrote: "Heh, L, I particularly love him because of his complexity as a character, his deep connection with Light's personality and not necessarily just because he's "the good guy" as a lot of fans of Death..."

L is definitely not the good guy. He is manipulative, egoistical and can be cruel. And I like him that way.

Death Note Special One Shot made my day when L said "It’s not sense of justice of all. Figuring out difficult cases is my hobby. If measured good and evil deeds by current laws, I would be responsible for many crimes. The same way you all like solving mysteries and riddles, or clear video games more quickly...For me too, it is simply prolonging something I enjoy doing. That’s way I only take on cases that pique my interest. Its not justice at all. And if it means being able to clear a case, I don’t play fair, I am dishonest, cheating human being who hates losing"

In Death Note, Vol. 13: How to Read is written that L lied to Raito when he called him "my first friend"

I like L as well because I see him having Asperger/autism. Here is interesting essay http://web.archive.org/web/2008042408...

GinAndCats Let me tell you all a little story:

So there I was at a family reunion, with my grandma and several other generations of family I hadn't seen in a while. So, everyone was talking in the small room we were in, and me being a huge introverted decided to read Death Note instead. So, I was just reading, loving L as per usual, and then L just dies out of fugging nowhere. Needless to say I start crying, I try to be quiet, but we're close together and people notice. So I'm stuck explaining the exact significance of Ls death between gasping for breath because now I an crying even harder. I finish explaining and the room subsides into awkward silence.

Worst place to be reading the seventh volume of Death Note

....I still miss L.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Anna wrote: "Abigail wrote: "Heh, L, I particularly love him because of his complexity as a character, his deep connection with Light's personality and not necessarily just because he's "the good guy" as a lot ..."

I totally agree with you until the point you said he has Autism/Asperger. Because my brother has Asperger and I know how it is. I read the essay and notice many of the things the writer pointed out were things seen as oddness or eccentrically behaviour and not necessarily aspects of a person with Asperger.
When someone points out "x" character can have those tendencies, I like to remember them that one of the strong points of Asperger is that you can't have sudden changes in your life. You can't deal with things out of your routine. L, with the work we all know he does, changing tactics, home, name, and LYING (These children characterizes not for "not lying" but for their incapacity of doing it on regular basis, they would have to concentrate too much to lie, they can't hide things well) it doesn't really fit with Asperger Syndrome, as the writer points out in some way in the conclusion of the essay, at least.
I just think that L is introverted, and a little eccentric but nothing more. He surely does have problems when he has to socialize with other people, but I would link that to his lack of family background/childhood more than anything else.

Moriah TheFeelsAreInTheSky wrote: "Let me tell you all a little story:

So there I was at a family reunion, with my grandma and several other generations of family I hadn't seen in a while. So, everyone was talking in the small room..."

Sad story:(
I also cried in this scene. I read it again and again, looking for some clue showing he was not really dead, and give me hope that soon he may appear suddenly, and explain that he was only pretending.
The film, unfortunately, ends better than the manga.
In the manga, from the moment L died, it seems as if the writer had no idea how to continue the story, so he just added random characters just to give an interest, and to extend the series.
The film, however, ended at the right time, with a reasonable and sophisticated explanation.

Aliyah L sort of reminds me of Sherlock. A lot actually. I'm not a rabid fangirl, but he had an effect on me which is rare.

Sophie I miss L so much! He was my favorite character (followed closely by Light) and I loved all of his quirks. The manga also goes downhill after his death, so it just made me even more depressed. I feel like the author should have ended it sooner, maybe 10 books instead of 12.

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business Yeah, the story wasn't the same without him.