Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Challenges > Mangaka Challenge

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The challenge for November is to read as many volumes of manga from a single mangaka(manga author) as possible. For example, let's say your goal was ten manga and you chose Rumiko Takahashi. You could read ten volumes of InuYasha or five of Rin-Ne and five of Ranma 1/2 or any other combination you like. You are not limited to shoujo. It can be shoujo, shounen, shoujo-ai, shounen-ai, yuri, yaoi, or whatever you want as long as every manga is by the same person.

Feel free to post your books for this challenge here. Remember to edit your exsisting post rather than starting a new one.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2012 08:54AM) (new)

I've decided to read all of Kimi ni Todoke this month. I will add each volume as I read it.

1. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 1 by Karuho Shiina2. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 2 by Karuho Shiina3. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Vol. 3 by Karuho Shiina4. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 4 by Karuho Shiina5. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 5 by Karuho Shiina6. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 6 by Karuho Shiina7. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 7 by Karuho Shiina8. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 8 by Karuho Shiina9. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 9 by Karuho Shiina10. Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You, Volume 10 by Karuho Shiina

Edit: Okay, volume 16 isn't out in America yet, so I'll read all the way to 15 unless I can find 16 scanlated online.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read already;

1. Ranma ½, Volume 1 by Rumiko Takahashi 2. Ranma 1/2, Vol. 2 by Rumiko Takahashi 3. Ranma 1/2, Volume 3 by Rumiko Takahashi 4. Ranma 1/2, Volume 4 by Rumiko Takahashi afterwards I would read Ranma 1/2, Volume 5 by Rumiko Takahashi, Ranma 1/2, Volume 6 by Rumiko Takahashi, Ranma 1/2, Volume 7 by Rumiko Takahashi, Ranma 1/2, Volume 8 by Rumiko Takahashi

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1865 comments Mod
I'm going to finish reading D.N.Angel (or the ones I own, since the last two weren't published in the states). If anyone knows where I can find 14 and 15, let me know.

message 5: by Jamie (last edited Nov 19, 2012 06:04AM) (new)

Jamie (Juvia_winter) | 195 comments I am changing my challenge to Bride of the water god because I have enjoyed it so much(and I am reading the whole thing apparently).

1. Bride of the Water God, Volume 1 by Mi-Kyung Yun2. Bride of the Water God, Volume 2 by Mi-Kyung Yun3. Bride of the Water God, Volume 3 by Mi-Kyung Yun4. Bride of the Water God, Volume 4 by Mi-Kyung Yun5. Bride of the Water God, Volume 5 by Mi-Kyung Yun6. Bride of the Water God, Volume 6 by Mi-Kyung Yun7. Bride of the Water God, Volume 7 by Mi-Kyung Yun8. Bride of the Water God, Volume 8 by Mi-Kyung Yun9. Bride of the Water God, Volume 9 by Mi-Kyung Yun

message 7: by jenny (last edited Nov 21, 2012 09:24AM) (new)

jenny I decided to read 10 14 manga by Yuu Watase for this challenge.

Ceres, Celestial Legend Aya, Vol. 1 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #1) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Yuhi, Vol. 2 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #2) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Suzumi, Vol. 3 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #3) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Chidori Vol. 4 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #4) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Mikage Vol. 5 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #5) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Shuro, Vol. 6 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #6) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Maya, Vol. 7 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #7) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Miori, Vol. 8 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #8) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Progenitor, Vol. 9 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #9) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Monster, Vol. 10 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #10) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Maiden, Vol. 11 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #11) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Toya, Vol. 12 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #12) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Tennyo, Vol. 13 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #13) by Yuu Watase, Ceres, Celestial Legend Hagoromo, Vol. 14 (Ceres, Celestial Legend, #14) by Yuu Watase

Challenge completed!

message 8: by Shu (last edited Nov 07, 2012 02:31AM) (new)

message 9: by Mike (new)

Mike | 388 comments Went with Naoki Urasawa to motivate me to finally read Pluto (and to get into the mood to reread Monster).

Just finished over the weekend (next challenge I'll really try to remember to post about the goal BEFORE finishing it).

PLUTO Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7) by Naoki Urasawa, PLUTO Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8) by Naoki Urasawa

message 10: by Selena (last edited Nov 20, 2012 05:25AM) (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1865 comments Mod
Finished.

I read D.N.Angel 5-13. Too lazy to post the books. ^^;;;

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I was so close to completing this challenge, until I got sick and had no motivation to do anything.