The Book Club discussion

The Alchemist of Souls (Night's Masque, #1)
This topic is about The Alchemist of Souls
The Alchemist of Souls Feedback > The Alchemist of Souls Feedback - Deadline 7th Jan 2013

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen Aryan | 45 comments Mod
Post your feedback and comments about The Alchemist of Souls as well as any questions for the author, Anne Lyle, who has agreed to come onto the podcast.

Deadline is week commencing 7th January 2013.

message 2: by Stephen (new) - added it

I've got my copy. It's my next read so I'll be all done well before Christmas. Who has made a start already? Post your questions and feedback asap.

Paul (striderpaul) | 17 comments Will be ordering mine for the Kindle.

message 4: by Stephen (new) - added it

That's great. Let us know what you think of it.

Paul (striderpaul) | 17 comments Its now on the kindle and I will start reading today, looking forward to this one.

message 6: by Stephen (new) - added it

Right, that's me done with the book! Going to let it sit for a while and ponder on it, so I'll be all ready in time for our chat in the new year!

Paul (striderpaul) | 17 comments Half way through, looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

Paul (striderpaul) | 17 comments Just finished the book today, took me a while but with Christmas and the family here things became quite busy.

I must admit I struggled with this book, it seemed to take a long time for anything to happen. The description of the time period and the surroundings was fantastic and the relationships between the character and the characters themselves was also brilliant. But the descriptions did slow the plot down and by the time I had got past 50% of the book I was wondering if anything was going to happen. At times I felt like giving up on this one but I'm glad I didn't because there was a reward at the end of the book. It took a long time to get there but the journey was a solid one and I felt I knew the characters and the times they lived in.
As to the next book I was at one time certain I wouldn't read it, but now that I have had time to absorb the book I will know what to expect and be more patient. Its just a personal thing but I like my books to run faster and the plot to move quicker, but if I'm in the mood for historical fiction with a slant then I might be tempted. I certainly like the area of London it is set in and I would like to find out more about the plot thats been spun.

I would be interested to know from the Author how long the research took before writing the book?
Also I presume there will be a follow up and when will it be available?

message 9: by Stephen (new) - added it

Thanks for the feedback Paul.