BOOK LOVERS! discussion

Book Discussions > City of Bones Movie Coming Out 2013!

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
The City of Bones movie shall come out in 2013. With less than 300 days until the release, I thought now would be a good time to set up somewhere for you to discuss the upcoming movie, cast and whatever else that may come with it.

message 2: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 2899 comments Mod
OMG!!!!

I just realised something!!! The actor that plays Jace Wayland for the movie, Jamie Campbell Bower, played Caius Volturi from Twilight!!!

I don't know about you guys, but Caius kinda freaked me out in the movie... Hoping that this won't matter at the end. So, what do you guys think?

message 3: by Bree (new)

Bree Hahaha yeh I realised that too!! Nah if he is a good actor he can transform into jace - sarcastic, seductiveugh, funny and sexy as hell - then he should be a really good jace, I don't really base what he is going to be like on other characters his played :)

message 4: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Hopefully... so excited!!!

message 5: by R.P. (new)

R.P. Dahlke (RPDahlke) Got a link for City of Bones? Who's the author? thanks!

message 6: by Bree (new)

message 7: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Agreed.

message 8: by Jammie (new)

Jammie | 136 comments I can't believe you guys didn't know he was one of the Volturi in Twilight. Haha. But then again, I think I only know that because he was cast as Grindlewald in Harry Potter. He's also in Sweeny Todd :D In which he sings! :P Haha.

I don't know if I like Jamie in terms of how he looks, but I really think that the acting could make him Jace for me. I would much rather someone that looks nothing like how I imagine a character and can play the part amazingly, then someone who looks exactly like I picture, but can't play the part for shit.
I was unsure at first, but Cassie said that she loves him. And that is enough for me :)

What do you guys think of the rest of the cast? And what scenes are you most looking forward to seeing? :)

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 2 comments Read the first two of The Clockwork series which is the prelude. Fantastic series. Puts a lot of things in the current series in perspective in terms of the characters. Wish I had read it first.

message 10: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

I wish i did as well. It would've made a lot more sense going into city of bones. In my opinion anyway.

message 11: by Bree (new)

Bree Nah I reckon both books/series hold their own and don't really rely on one another but they do complement each other - obviously hahaha

message 12: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Yup. But I think reading the prequel would have made it so much easier to understand certain bits.

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Bree (new)

Bree Hahahaha yes that is very true! And yeh I figured it out!!!! I was so happy with myself it was ridiculous I was just jumping up and down cause I had my suspicions and then I found out somewhere on the Internet that I was right!! Hahaha I'm so lame, and it's in city of glass at the very end. How Magnus is talking to a girl near the woods or something along those lines :)

message 14: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (last edited Jan 19, 2013 12:06AM) (new)

Yep. Grrr... I wanna read Clockwork Princess already. :(

Is it really the last book in that series?!?!

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 2 comments I read the city of glass series a long while ago and having trouble remembering what happened at the end with Magnus. What was it that you worked out that made you so happy?

message 16: by Bree (new)

Bree Oh well, if you've read clockwork angel series, Tessa appears very shortly in the end of city of glass book, if you kno what you're looking for. Hahaha that's why I was so happy cause I figured out who she was without knowing beforehand that it was actually her.,

Ad yeh innocent, it's definitelythe last book, or it better be!!! Haha

message 17: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Yep. I hate how with some books it just keeps going on and on and on and the plot just gets super boring.

message 18: by Rossy (new)

Rossy | 46 comments Ikr! but at the same time i really dont want these books to end! ughhh i want tessa and jem and will to live forever ;(

message 19: by Asiyah (new)

Asiyah (vvanderess) | 327 comments Oh good...I wasn't the only one who didn't know that he was Caius. When I searched the pics from that role I couldn't help it, I started cracking up. He just looks SOOO different than he does in like City of Bones

message 20: by Bree (new)

Bree Have you guys heard about vampire academy, divergent, and delirium being made into a movie!?!?!? You guys read those books?

message 21: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

I knew that VA was being made into a movie - BUT ASDFHJKL;!!!!! DIVERGENT?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! HAVE THEY CAST CHARACTERS YET? DO WE KNOW WHEN THE MOVIE'S COMING OUT? SO EXCITED!!!!

message 22: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

I know Asiyah, he looks so different. Personally, I thought Caius looked kinda... creepy in Twilight.

message 23: by Bree (new)

Bree Yeh when I heard Jamie Campbell (whatever his last name is) the dude who was Casius in twilight and I found out he was going to play jace I was like WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but ya know? He isn't too bad, I feel bad for judging him before actually seeing him act jace-like.

And yeh innocent I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How frigging awesome right?!?!!? Yeh they have finished filming apparently and the characters are pretty good, comes out next valentines!!!!!!!!! :D

message 24: by ♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties, Sometimes, a smile can hide a thousand tears. (new)

Next valentines day?! It's too far away!!! *pout*

*guilty look*

I was freaking out of the Caius thing as well and I spent a lot of time groaning about how I'd hate for them to ruin it because they used a Twilight actor. Now that the guy has started acting jace-like and everything I am crazy excited. Here's to hoping the movie will be amazing. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Asiyah (new)

Asiyah (vvanderess) | 327 comments I'm with ya Innocent and Bree...i saw some movie stills of him and... I'm super pumped now :P I have been put in my place

message 26: by Bree (new)

Bree Hahaha I know valentines is so far far away!!!
I'm like dying to see it!

Yeh I've seen the trailer and he looks super good ;)

message 27: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 20 comments Hey girls, I've seen the movie and Jamie Campbell Bower rocks the whole Jace thing. He is absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn't mind if he was my husband. U mean sexy, seductive, and sarcastic, it is all the thing I love in guys. You could sign me up to be with him any day. As for the infernal devices, the clockwork angel/prince/princess they are absolutely amazing books, I swear will herondale is like a replica of Jace but like one hundred years older.
I can't wait to see the Mortal Instruments City of Ashes movie next!!!!

message 28: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 20 comments That was meant to so 'I mean sexy, seductive, and sarcastic'