The Sword and Laser discussion

The Dirty Streets of Heaven (Bobby Dollar, #1)
This topic is about The Dirty Streets of Heaven
Podcasts > S&L Podcast - #113 - Almost amazing

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca (Becca_Canote) | 101 comments This week we get a review of the Cloud Atlas movie, a sneak peek at the Dirty Streets of Heaven, and a debate about Denny's.

http://www.swordandlaser.com/home/201...

Enjoy!

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Been unable to download this from itunes, says it'll take 45 minutes to complete, which is odd.

Anyone else had this problem?

message 3: by terpkristin (new) - added it

terpkristin | 3636 comments Joseph wrote: "Been unable to download this from itunes, says it'll take 45 minutes to complete, which is odd.

Anyone else had this problem?"

Seems to be going OK for me.

message 4: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1509 comments Mod
Joseph wrote: "Been unable to download this from itunes, says it'll take 45 minutes to complete, which is odd.

Anyone else had this problem?"

Squarespace have their servers in NYC, and they experienced some downages last night due to the storm.

library_jim | 212 comments Yeah, I just listened to it on the S&L website instead.

message 6: by Nick (last edited Oct 30, 2012 12:33PM) (new)

Nick (Whyzen) | 1292 comments I just have one question for Veronica and Tom .. have you reached revered yet with Golden Lotus?

Rainer Dela Cuesta (delacuesta) | 28 comments I'm excited for the kick-off of The Dirty Streets of Heaven. I started reading it yesterday and it's awesome so far :)

message 8: by Rick (last edited Oct 31, 2012 07:43PM) (new)

Rick | 2118 comments Nick wrote: "I just have one question for Veronica and Tom .. have you reached revered yet with Golden Lotus?"

>.<

Dailies... always dailies...

message 9: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris (KVolk) | 797 comments Glad to hear a new audiocast...

Tiffany (tiffanyfarrantgonzalez) | 18 comments I think I may be the only one who really enjoyed the Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb! I admit the first book was a tad slow, but I loved the magic and the uniqueness of the 2nd and 3rd in the series.

Also, I was very excited to see the Brotherton Library at the University of Leeds get a shout out! I remember being distinctly excited about having access to some of Tolkien's letters when I studied there. They even used to have a few in a lovely display case as you enter the library :)

message 11: by Kevin (last edited Nov 02, 2012 12:29PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1081 comments Tiffany wrote: "I think I may be the only one who really enjoyed the Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb! I admit the first book was a tad slow, but I loved the magic and the uniqueness of the 2nd and 3rd in the ser..."

I also really enjoyed The Solider and Son Trilogy. I know a lot of people hate the trilogy because a lot of it was fillers. Also it is not in the Realms of the Elderlings, so naturally it would not be as popular.

message 12: by terpkristin (last edited Nov 02, 2012 10:29AM) (new) - added it

terpkristin | 3636 comments First episode in a long time I didn't really enjoy. I thought it was kind of funny not to have much book talk, like book content. I also thought it was frustrating to hear about "the end" (spoiler free but still, impressions) of the pick that hadn't even started when this show came out. And since I'm now two episodes behind (Cloud Atlas wrap-up and Dirty Streets of Heaven kick-off) on the video show, the lack of book talk was moderately depressing. :\

Also, V, I'm disappointed that you're not a Red Sox fan. ;)

Adrian Pienaru (adi_pie) | 124 comments I'm so annoyed Cloud Atlas doesn't come out over here until the 23rd of November, though that does mean I have some more time to finish it up.

A nice way to summarise the Codex Alera series comes straight from Jim Butcher himself: "Lost Roman Legion + Pokemon".

message 14: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1509 comments Mod
terpkristin wrote: "First episode in a long time I didn't really enjoy. I thought it was kind of funny not to have much book talk, like book content. I also thought it was frustrating to hear about "the end" (spoiler ..."

I *am* a Red Sox fan!

And c'mon, that was barely a discussion on the next pick!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Have they had the interview with Robin Hobb yet, just noticed the request for questions for Jim Butcher was up, didn't want to miss that.

message 16: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Nov 08, 2012 04:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 5140 comments Mod
Lucy wrote: "Have they had the interview with Robin Hobb yet, just noticed the request for questions for Jim Butcher was up, didn't want to miss that."

Interview already took place. According to the calendar it should be posted tomorrow.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Robb, should have thought to look on the calendar, I forget we have one, Doh.

message 18: by John (new)

John Wiswell | 86 comments Catching up on the podcasts. I love that Tom's evidence for his supporting Denny's is that he stole their mug. I cackled!