Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium discussion


253 views
Who will Lena choose?

Comments (showing 1-40 of 40) (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ava (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ava Dobson If you've read Delirium and Pandemonium, then you must be dying to know who Lena will pick: Alex or Julian.
Lena's first love was Alex, and he was the one who taught her how to love. But when it came to Julian, the roles were reversed and she taught him how to fall in love. But of course then Alex comes back at the end, seemingly angry with Lena, but hopefully still in love with her. So now she has to make the ultimate heartbreaking decision: Alex or Julian?
I'm not asking her who you WANT her to choose, because I'm pretty sure the majority wants her to end up with Alex. I asking you, looking at all the information about the characters and the story, who you think she will choose. Please comment givig saying what you think!


message 2: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat I honestly think she will choose Julian. There are so many reasons why, but the biggest is how fast she fell for him. When you truly and deeply love someone, you fall in love with another person almost never again in your lifetime. Or maybe after, I don't know, quite a couple of years. Obviously, this is not for Lena and I strongly feel she and Julian will ultimately end up together. Also, all Requiem spoilers say Alex will not be as interested in Lena as some of us like, too.

P.S. I love how this discussion is not based on opinion but facts derived from the book. You go, girl!


Veronica She'll choose Julian cause form the looks of it Alex will sacrifice his life for her in book 3(my guess).


Tara I think that she will chose Julian because she is currently in love with him and she has moved on from Alex because she thought he was gone. Plus Alex himself does not seem interested in her and I think that he will some how get Julian on his side. I love this question!! <3


Erica i agree with all of you, sadly.
though i do wish alex and lena would be together.


Erica if you really love the first person, they wouldn't fall in love with the second person.


Katy I think it depends on what direction Alex goes in the next book. He said "Don't believe her" at the end..so does that mean he thinks she is a liar..for moving on? OR does that mean that he is staking his claim to her in front of Julian? I am gonna guess Alex though because their love was much more intense..the whole first book was about it. Julian is a rebound, in my opinion.


Tara I believe she will pick Julian. There was a comment in the book (I can't remember the whole thing) that she said the way she felt for Julian and not Alex. I think that Alex opened her eyes to the real world-where she didn't know herself nor the feelings that grew inside her. Julian came in her life when she had to actually live and knows herself better. Where is the next book? When do we find out?


Haidi Next march - its called Requiem


Hilda I thinks she will end up choosing Julian. Through out the book Lena has changed shes not the same girl who fell in love with Alex in the first book. She has
grown up and discovered a new side to herself. Alex has also changed, for his description in the book he has harden and seemed angry. I thought the whole point of Pandemonium how she was getting over Alex and moving forward which was what I expected to happen. While the whole Julian thing was a surprise to me, it makes since that she fall in love with someone new.


Erica Hilda wrote: "I thinks she will end up choosing Julian. Through out the book Lena has changed shes not the same girl who fell in love with Alex in the first book. She has
grown up and discovered a new side to he..."


Right! And alex seemed like a flat character to me while we were told a lot more about Julian.


Madiha Katy wrote: "I think it depends on what direction Alex goes in the next book. He said "Don't believe her" at the end..so does that mean he thinks she is a liar..for moving on? OR does that mean that he is sta..."

Totally agree with that. She fell in love with Julian as obviously Alex wasn't around. Personally i prefer Alex to Julian..


Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd) I really want Alex and Lena to get back together because they were so in love and i think Alex deserves to stay with Alex after what he did for her and what he went through


message 14: by Maliha (new)

Maliha julian might be her rebound but still, she knew it while falling for him. i'd rather alex sacrifice himself like ren in nightshade series than fall for someone else like finn in trylle trilogy. there's just no sense in making lena jealous. dude, she's with julian now. but when you think about delirium's end, you just want to blame everything on hana, right?


Hayley-Renee Von Vanity I think Lena with chose Alex. My reason is Julian (like Maliha said) was rebound. She is subconsincely using Julian as a replace ment for Alex. I'm not sure who I prefer. I like the way Alex treated Lena and I like the wasy Julian treats Lena. But I dont understand why Alex is so made at her. Maybe because in the first one when they were trying to escape she didnt try to save him? But Alex told her to go on... Or maybe because she never came to attempt to save Alex. But he said "Dont Believe her." Is it because she moved on? I guess we'll have to wait....


Lizbeth I want to say Julian because he can't survive out in the wilderness without Lena. Alex had his chance and gave it up to save her. It was heroic but he didn't think how it would affect them both. He caused her to move on on her own and we all saw how that turned out. She almost died, for Pete's sake!! Lena can't do that to Julian. So I go for Julian.


Kaila B i really want her to choose alex because he kinda saved her from the cure supossedly dying for her and he wasnt even gone that long HOW COULD YOU LENA! alex did alot for her, and julians love was a setup not even spontaneoius like alex's maybe julian will find out and think she never even really loved him that would be nice, but then again didnt rachel person kill his dad ugh i need to reread this book. alex really blew my day. i think it depends on the circumstances beacuse if alex is pissed off at her still they dont have much hope, hopefully he wont be like kai from FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS and he will actually not be mad at her for half the book. if things work out with julian i think sadly hopefully im dead wrong but she will pick julian after all she almost forgot about alex in julians arms in that bed.. tisk tisk tisk that was awkward. hated that part was freaking out in my room sis told me to shut up. all i have keft to say is NO LENA HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ALEX IN THE COLD FOR THAT BLONDE (I THINK) AIR HEAD JULIAN HE DOESNT KNOW HALF THE STUFF ALEX TAUGHT YOU DOESNT KNOW YOUR MOM LIKE ALEX DOES, HOW COULD YOU! if lena chooses him ill never forgive her. NEVER.


Madiha Maliha wrote: "julian might be her rebound but still, she knew it while falling for him. i'd rather alex sacrifice himself like ren in nightshade series than fall for someone else like finn in trylle trilogy. the..."

I partly agree with and partly don't... What I don't agree on is Alex sacrificing himself like Ren. Ren's ending was horrible i would have preferred if it was more honorable end.
I do prefer Alex but I would like it if Lena got to choose between them unlike Calla in the Nightshade series who went with Shay (who she would have chosen anyways but still...) since obviously Ren wasn't there..


Mary-ellen I'm not sure she will have the luxury of a choice between Julian and Alex. I keep thinking about all of the medical issues that Julian has suffered from and thinking I wouldn't want to be in the wilds if his tumor makes a reappearance. I'm wondering if maybe she chooses and loses Julian and then ends up with Alex. Which is where I want her to be ... Alex has already sacrificed himself once to save her ... can't see him rushing to do that again.


Erica Mary-ellen wrote: "I'm not sure she will have the luxury of a choice between Julian and Alex. I keep thinking about all of the medical issues that Julian has suffered from and thinking I wouldn't want to be in the w..."

This is actually a really good assumption. I've seen this happen before but I can't remember where...


Rachel Lauren Oliver did a Q&A on twitter and I asked her if Lena was going to have to choose between Alex or Julian, and Lauren replied that there wasn't going to be a love triangle, so I think Lena will end up with Julian.
I also think it's presumptuous of you to think that everyone wants Lena to end up with Alex, because I want her to end up with Julian, personally, and I know I'm not the only one.


Don't_Trot_and_Text Alex is the one who taught Lena how to love. But then of course it is reversed in Pandemonium when Lena teaches Julian to love. So, honestly speaking I am torn! I really don't know how Lena will forget Alex, but if she picks him I don't know how she'll let Julian down. Because Lena was so traumatized over Alex's death, adn now she sees that he is, indeed, alive, I think that is a powerful influence on her decision. So after thinking, I think Alex has the leadon this one...unless, Lauren Oliver wants to surprise us and make her pick Julian or make Lena pick Alex but have Alex not forgive her. AHHHHHH! I'm so stressed!! I really wish that Lauren Oliver wouldn't torture us like this!!!!! 3(


Alyssa Murphy I bet Alex has a hot new girlfriend that Lena has yet to find out about.


Siobhan The thing that struck me, was that Alex and Lena had a lot of moments together because they chose to spend that time together. They also told each other they loved each other, as a positive thing rather than 'you've made me sick.'

With Julian on the other hand, they worked together because they had been forced together by three different groups of people. Lena talked of love like it was a fantasy, like it was the light at the end of the tunnel (boom boom) for her, and the most that came of discussing feelings with Julian was him saying 'you've given me the sickness' and her telling him to embrace it. She doesn't say it back. She goes to rescue him, it seems, because she thinks it's wrong that an innocent victim should die, not because she can't live without Julian. Even the end conversation which Alex walks into, she only says they can have time together without worrying about society's views, I did not read that she's promising to be his girlfriend.

I think it reads more like she has big sister affection for Julian. But I could be wrong, or the author could have chosen the most vague way of getting her message across.


Sophie I want her with Alex, but I have a feeling it is going to be Julian. Don't know why, but I do.

Well, either Julian or neither.
That is what I think.


message 26: by Vy (last edited Jun 11, 2013 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vy ALEX!

I think Julian was just a second option because she thought Alex died. I don't think the whole "If you fall in love with two people, choose the second one because if you really did love the first person you wouldn't have fell for the second" really applies here. Lena didn't fall for Julian when she was with Alex...she thought he was dead! She was trying to move on, but she never stopped loving him.


This kind of reminds me of waiting for college acceptance letters. Like you have your two top schools, and and your second one already accepted you. It's an EXCELLENT school, and there are tons of people who would want to be accepted-it might even be their top school. You hear that acceptance letters were sent last week, and now all that's left are the rejections. So you prepare yourself for this, and tell yourself that at least you will be going to your second choice school in the fall and it is very prestigious. BUT THEN...you get your acceptance letter, you got into your first choice school! And in that moment, you know that you have been trying to fool yourself to be happy with second best, but now you don't have to pretend any longer.


Of course I like Julian, and although I think she would be settling with him I don't mean it in a negative manner. He's a great guy! Sweet, loving, kind, and patience, any girl would be lucky to have him. Yet, although I feel like (since Alex changed from being in prison) that Julian could be the "best" choice, I don't see him as the RIGHT choice.

Lena can't convince herself that Julian is the one, and she can't convince me either. I feel like it has ALWAYS been Alex for her, and that she DOES convince me of.


I think that Lena should have her #1 pick; I KNOW that Lena belongs with Alex. <3


Fonni  Sinder Lena should be with Alex, but I know she will pick Julian.

Bit wouldn't it be so cool if she picked Alex? Trying to decide how to let Julian off gently?

Or picking Julian but changing her mind and running off with Alex?

Yeah! Alex!


message 28: by Vy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vy Fonni wrote: "Lena should be with Alex, but I know she will pick Julian.

Bit wouldn't it be so cool if she picked Alex? Trying to decide how to let Julian off gently?

Or picking Julian but changing her mind a..."


Did you finish reading Requiem yet?


Aleah Cassy wrote: "if you really love the first person, they wouldn't fall in love with the second person."

But she thought Alex was dead. Plus, wee are not sure she is even in love with Julian. Yah, she has feelings, but is it really LOVE LOVE. Or is that she has feelings for him because she is lost with the love for Alex still in her heart.

But I hope she picks Alex because they were suppose to be together in the first place.


Aleah Sarah wrote: "ALEX!

I think Julian was just a second option because she thought Alex died. I don't think the whole "If you fall in love with two people, choose the second one because if you really did love the ..."


Well, obviously Alex is changed from being in prison because that creepy place will change anybody. But he went there because of his love for Lena. I think Lena might e too dumb to know that, or it will take her a while to know that she always will love Alex. Her heart was still set on Alex even while she was falling for Alex.

So, I do I agree that she belongs with Alex.


message 31: by Vy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vy Aleah wrote: "Sarah wrote: "ALEX!

I think Julian was just a second option because she thought Alex died. I don't think the whole "If you fall in love with two people, choose the second one because if you really..."


I see your point, Aleah :]

Did you finish reading Requiem?


message 32: by Heavenxshai (new)

Heavenxshai I think she is going to choose Alex. The first reason is : she felt in love with Julian because she thought that Alex was dead. She may felt in love in Julian faster than with Alex but its because she was afraid of love, and Alex made her discover the world, the real world. I think she's not truly in love with Julian, she really like him but she has more feeling when she is with Alex and even when she is with Julian, she is thinking about Alex.

Thats my point of vew :)


message 33: by Mary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mary ALEX!


Emily Potter alex


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

i already know for a fact hat she chooses alex.


message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

omg did u guys know that in the movie (which stupidly ended up a flop) julian s played by mason from wizards of waverly place.


message 37: by Rose (last edited Apr 26, 2014 04:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose Heartfilia There is a movie?!

I wish she choose Alex but then again why would she choose at all. I think she goes for Julian. Since I'm always wrong with whom she picks and I want Alex.
Did this still makes sense?

Besides I want to add why she might pick Julian: She kind of took him away from his save place (although it was not save at all) because she made him fall in love with her (one way or another) and she would probably feel hella guilty if she just let him go. Alex of course would be hurt and being her first love at all but Alex is from the Wilds. She would feel like he would go on and find something else in life but Julian lost everything just like she did.


message 38: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Desamparado I root for Lena and Julian. If she truly loved Alex she would not fall for someone else. I think it was just infatuation, she was new to his world.


message 39: by Vy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vy Lorraine wrote: "I root for Lena and Julian. If she truly loved Alex she would not fall for someone else. I think it was just infatuation, she was new to his world."

That's true in most cases but this one is different. It's not like she fell out of love with Alex, she thought he had died so all hope to be with him died as well. When he came back, it was like Julian was in the background. Even after Alex left, Lena confessed that even though she was with Julian she couldn't go back to how it was before.


message 40: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Swerdlow I see Julian as a rebound for Lena cause she just lost Alex and has no idea what they did to him. She is just vulnerable and needs someone. I am all the way team Alex!


back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

Pandemonium (other topics)