YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
CHALLENGE ARCHIVE > Food Delight: Team Challenge!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 468) (468 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Novel (last edited Oct 31, 2012 01:25AM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments [image error]carbonara[image error]
chocolatepizzafriesfruits

This challenge requires team effort and lots of food! Yup, the theme for this 2-week challenge is all about food! The cover of the book should show an image of food OR one of the main characters should be a chef, baker, cook, pâtissier, chocolatier, etc... please read the following guidelines if you wish to participate:

1. Get a partner from this group (moderators not included).

2. Create a group name.

3. Confirm your participation by replying to this thread. Make sure to post your team and member's name upon confirmation.

4. You and your partner should make a list (through listopia) of books that fits the challenge theme.

5. Read as many books as you can from the list you made, make sure that you have a shelf bearing your team name in which you can add those books you've read. Note: You don't have to read the same books, as long as one of the members read the book, and it fits the criteria, it's counted.

6. You have to review the book you've read.

7. The team with the highest number of books read will be named as the Food Delight Challenge Champions! Each can choose 2 books from the Prize List!

Everyone are welcome to join!

Buddy up now!

Challenge Period: November 1 -15, 2012

message 2: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments So do we find our own partners then?

message 3: by Novel (last edited Oct 29, 2012 10:36AM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Jalyn wrote: "So do we find our own partners then?"

Yup! We are giving y'all time to buddy up and make your lists that's why I didn't post the challenge period yet. =)

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ought to be books like that... I can just imagine myself looking for the food they describe in the books... =D

message 6: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Oct 29, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments @Novel: in the event that the moderators can join can I buddy up with you? Since, you're one mean reading machine... hahaha... =D

message 7: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ought to be books like that... I can just i..."

I always eat like crazy when I read books that have a lot to do with food. Have you read the Stephanie Plum books? I gain 10 lbs every time I re-read the d*** series. All they do is eat!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ought to be book..."

Hahaha, I can't seem to find the food their describing... it's frustrating!!! =)

message 9: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ought to be book..."

Yeah, I have all the Stephanie Plum books! She loves doughnuts!!!

message 10: by Jalyn (last edited Oct 29, 2012 10:22PM) (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments Angel - what food can't you find?

Jona - I know! I rarely buy doughnuts, but you can bet I'll have a few dozen at my house while I'm reading those books! Lol :D At least I live with 4 very hungry boys!

I'm going to read Wicked Business for this competition and probably even Wicked Appetite even though it'll be a re-read for me and won't count. I've only read the first one once and I love Lizzy and Diesel. I'm also trying to re-read as many of the books as I can that I've already read so I can write reviews. And I really like to read my favorites over and over. I love that the Lizzy and Diesel series is about a girl that works at a bakery because I love to bake! <3 Have either of you read that series?

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel - what food can't you find?

Jona - I know! I rarely buy doughnuts, but you can bet I'll have a few dozen at my house while I'm reading those books! Lol :D At least I live with 4 very hungry ..."

oh my, it's going to be a long list... hehehe... =) nope, i haven't read a janet evanovich book yet...

message 12: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

wah, no cookbooks! here are some examples:

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler The Wedding Cake Girl by Anne Pfeffer Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) by Tara Sivec Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison Candy Kisses by Bernadette Marie

message 13: by Novel (last edited Oct 29, 2012 11:27PM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ought to be books like that... I can just i..."

sure! what's our team name?? hehe

message 14: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel - what food can't you find?

Jona - I know! I rarely buy doughnuts, but you can bet I'll have a few dozen at my house while I'm reading those books! Lol :D At least I live with 4 very hungry ..."

Hahahaha, you'll get fat with doughnuts! LOL!
I love Ranger! I like him more for Stephanie!
Have you seen the movie??

message 15: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Jalyn wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

hahaha, me too! I've read the Stephanie Plum series. OMG, Lula and her crazy diet!

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler[bookcover:The Wedding Cake Girl|..."

I do not want to have to buy books. I will have to browse what I own and see if I already have any.

message 17: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler[bookcover:The Wedding Cake Girl|..."

YUM!!!

message 18: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler[bookcover:The Wedd..."

great! do you have a buddy already???

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Novel wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler[bookc..."

No. First I got to see if I own anything in the category.

message 20: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments Jona wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Angel - what food can't you find?

Jona - I know! I rarely buy doughnuts, but you can bet I'll have a few dozen at my house while I'm reading those books! Lol :D At least I live with ..."

I did see the movie. It could've been better, but it also could've been worse. I thought they did a good job with Joe and Lula. I'm on the fence about Stephanie and Ranger. Did you watch it?

message 21: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments Novel wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Sara wrote: "Books about food do not sound exciting:( haha are we talking cookbooks??"

there should be books where the character is a chef, right? there ou..."

Hahaha I know! I love her diets! Lol :D

message 22: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments When does this challenge start?

P.S. I'm really happy that reviews are required in this one!

message 23: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments I also think requiring reviews is a good idea. Thanks for adding it this time.

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather | 135 comments Even though reviews are time-consuming, I also glad that you guys added them as a requirement :)

I've already read it, but Yes, Chef A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson was a good book if anyone is looking for books.

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Heather wrote: "Even though reviews are time-consuming, I also glad that you guys added them as a requirement :)

I've already read it, but Yes, Chef A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson was a good book if anyone is loo..."

Heather, I'll read it if I may borrow it.

message 26: by Vicki (last edited Oct 30, 2012 10:15PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

Our team name is Sweet and Sour

I'll start with The Fame Game (Fame Game, #1) by Lauren Conrad
Heather will start with Eggs by Jerry Spinelli unless we change our minds.

Here we go...wheeeee [image error]

message 27: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Vicki wrote: "Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

I'll start with [bookcover:The Fame G..."

Really????? I didn't know that!!!
*shocked*
That is so great to know!!!

message 28: by Jalyn (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3852 comments Vicki wrote: "Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

I didn't know that either! Wow!

message 29: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Jona wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

I'll start with [bookco..."

There has never been any questions regarding it and it hasn't come up, but since we're now teaming up we figured we'd tell everyone. She is my beautiful child number 4.

message 30: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Jalyn wrote: "Jona wrote: "Jalyn wrote: "Angel - what food can't you find?

Jona - I know! I rarely buy doughnuts, but you can bet I'll have a few dozen at my house while I'm reading those books! Lol :D At least..."

I haven't watched the movie yet. :(
But I'll search and watch it soon! ;)

message 31: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Jalyn wrote: "When does this challenge start?

P.S. I'm really happy that reviews are required in this one!"

We'll give time for you guys to find partners, then we'll post the challenge period. :)

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Jalyn wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

I'll start with [bookco..."

Well, now you know. I also have a sister and a grandson who are on GR, but they haven't gotten involved in the groups yet. It's a family affair! LOL

message 33: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Vicki wrote: "Heather and I will team up. It seems the natural thing to do because, for those of you who do not know, she is my daughter.

*shocked*

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 135 comments I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this one :)

message 35: by Jonababez (new)

Jonababez | 2460 comments Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this one :)"

Oh yeah, your mom is very famous here! LOL!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this one :)"

it's great that this is something you can share with your mom... my mom, despite teaching me the value of reading still considers it weird how addicted i am to books... =)

message 37: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Angel, I want to join this challenge! do you want to buddy up with me? hehe, I think it'll be fun to join even if we can't win.

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Novel wrote: "Angel, I want to join this challenge! do you want to buddy up with me? hehe, I think it'll be fun to join even if we can't win."

as always... =) i want to be supportive... =) so yes!!!

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this one :)"

Awe, thanks. :o) I'm glad to have you as my partner, too! Now if we can only find FOOD books without spending a fortune!

message 40: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Jona wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this o..."

I am? So who wants to write a celebrity book about ME? LOL

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad she is my partner on this o..."

That's almost an oxymoron! I used to take Heather to the library when she was young and she would LITERALLY check out 25 books. Before she could even read (but could copy letters) she copied words, definitions, and even the syllabication of words, including the accent marks and all using a dictionary. Is it any wonder that she now teaches Read 180? LOL

message 42: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Oct 31, 2012 12:37AM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too busy! I'm glad ..."

at least you're supportive... my mom freaks out whenever she sees me bring home tons of books from the bookstore... told her it's my addiction much like her addiction to clothes and shoes... but she doesn't get it... =) back then, it became so bad that when i get home i'd lock my books in my luggage just so she won't see the new books i've purchased... or like now i just buy e-books. =D i guess it was really her sister who supported my hobby. when i was little my aunt would tell me that she won't buy me any toys but i can get as much books as i want... =)

message 43: by Novel (last edited Oct 31, 2012 12:39AM) (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Novel wrote: "Angel, I want to join this challenge! do you want to buddy up with me? hehe, I think it'll be fun to join even if we can't win."

as always... =) i want to be supportive... =) so yes!!!"

awesome! Jona will be busy facilitating the next monthly reading challenge that's why I didn't ask her to join (she lost in our PMR challenge, hehe).

message 44: by Steven (new)

Steven Grecia (stevengrecia) Me and my friend Agatha are in! We're called the 'Hungry Readers' :)

message 45: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Oct 31, 2012 12:41AM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Novel wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Novel wrote: "Angel, I want to join this challenge! do you want to buddy up with me? hehe, I think it'll be fun to join even if we can't win."

as always... =) i want to ..."

hahaha... great!!! =) do you think we can beat Vicki and Heather's team??? ;)

message 46: by Steven (new)

Steven Grecia (stevengrecia) Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too b..."

Me too Angel. :( My mom doesn't get my addiction. But my Dad certainly does!

message 47: by Novel (new)

Novel (velsanchez1) | 2891 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Novel wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Novel wrote: "Angel, I want to join this challenge! do you want to buddy up with me? hehe, I think it'll be fun to join even if we can't win."

as always......"

I think we can! haha! any team who beat us will get extra ebooks from us. One ebook per member. =p

message 48: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on every challenge. Ugh. I'm too b..."

OMG You totally made me literally laugh aloud! That is so funny about locking up your books in your luggage.

I always have and still do support Heather's reading addiction in any way that I can. When she isn't as busy as she has been recently, she can read circles around me!!!

message 49: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1493 comments Steven wrote: "Me and my friend Agatha are in! We're called the 'Hungry Readers' :)"

Cute name!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 957 comments Steven wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Heather wrote: "I had no idea that when I introduced my mom to Goodreads she would become so fanatical! Lol. She beats me on ever..."

at least one in your family understands, that's good... =)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.