Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Preferred eBook format

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Jude (JeffreyJude) I just did an interesting experiment. I bought ads on facebook to announce my new book Snow Ashens Angels Fall. The ad had a picture of an Angel with the words "gay angels?" and the text offered a free eBook for a "like"

Okay, the ads were targeted to people interested in reading living in the USA, Canada, Australia or the UK.

In total about 700 people "liked" my page in the course of a week.

So the next step was to ask what eBook format they wanted so I could send out the ebooks...

so far, the results are:

48% PDF, 25% mobi (kindle), and 27% ePub (nook etc)

NOT what I expected. Now, one potential complication is that i set the per click price i was willing to pay for the ads on the low side. It occurs to me that this may cause more ads to run in AU or the UK rather than in the USA because of ad competition (maybe). I say this because the most popular city was London. So, maybe more ads went to the UK where kindle does not dominate. Maybe not... who knows.

In any case, whatever the reasons, it was an interesting experiment.

message 2: by Evan (new)

Evan Geller (KeyserSoze) | 5 comments I'm not sure how to understand this finding. PDF, really? Not sure why folks in GB would want to read PDF, even if this the explanation.