Divergent Series (Veronica Roth) discussion

Insurgent > Divergent trilogy book 3

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse Any ideals for the name of the third book??
I have one so far:
Resurgent:
N. a rising again to life, use, acceptance, or prominence; a revival

message 2: by Jordann (new)

Jordann Tessa wrote: "Any ideals for the name of the third book??
I have one so far:
Resurgent:
N. a rising again to life, use, acceptance, or prominence; a revival"

I like that title.

message 3: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 30 comments I was thinking:
Convergent:
N. tending to come together with a common result; merging; a conclusion

message 4: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) Why does it have to end in "urgent?!" As far as we know, the title could be something else entirely.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess (lochjessmonster) Well because the first two end with that, we're assuming that the third one will follow that pattern

message 6: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) But wouldn't it be funny if it didn't?

message 7: by Jordann (new)

Jordann It would, but I like the endings.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 12 comments I agree with Convergent.

Perhaps it's Detergent :)
Gotta love ur fandom :)

Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse Haha :D
I have no ideal whats it going to be... But i think its going to end with -rgent because the first two were like that. I mean that would be kind of stupid if the series was something like
1. Divergent
2. Insurgent
3. Dauntless (i dont know what else to put)
-___- kind of kills the mood right?

message 10: by Kggelen (new)

Kggelen Awesomeness (Katie77777) It would be funny though.

The Mighty Katara It would kind of ruin the uniformity of the names. I would bet quite a bit of money it's going to be Resurgent.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 12 comments I liked Resurgent, except it's very similar to Insurgent, just two letters different. But it's a possibility.

message 13: by Jordann (new)

Jordann ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰Chaos Walking⊱ wrote: "I liked Resurgent, except it's very similar to Insurgent, just two letters different. But it's a possibility."

I agree. Resurgent seems better.

message 14: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 30 comments I think convergent is more logical because at least the factionless and Dauntless are going to have to join together. It was the whole plan that Tobias had in Insurgent. The Dauntless need the factionless to converge with them in order to take down the Erduite

message 15: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaywol) | 3 comments Marilyn wrote: "I think convergent is more logical because at least the factionless and Dauntless are going to have to join together. It was the whole plan that Tobias had in Insurgent. The Dauntless need the fact..."

Yeah, I think convergent would be the best title for the last book, and it just sounds right for the end of the series.

message 16: by Michelle's (new)

Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books (MichellesParanormalReviews) | 1 comments Hi, I love the Divergent books, and was so happy to read this new book that has that same Divergent feel to it, I am just spreading the word to some others who may like it. Jamie, the author is looking for more reviewers of this dystopian book. I have a post at my blog, with 8 chapters you can read of it. Below is the blurb. See what you Divergent fans think. I know I liked it alot. She is looking for more people to read and review the book, before the release date, which is first week of December. You can visit my blog at link below for more Info on it all. Info to contact her is also in my post.
Dystopian Dissidence Needs Reviewers

Dissidence blurb.
In dystopian American, sixteen-year-old Kaleigh finds out quickly what having a big mouth and not enough brains to keep it shut can earn you. A one-way ticket to the work camps that no one even knows exist.

Nuclear war has ravished the nation, and a century later, the survivors are living in an entirely new world. In a society where everything is decided for you, from where you work to who you marry, dissidence is not taken lightly.

But even inside the camps, Kaleigh's fiery spirit refuses to be extinguished. In a single moment of defiance, she manages to spark a riot that ignites into a full-blown rebellion.

With growing number counting on her, not just for their freedom, but for their very lives, two different boys vying for her heart, and trouble brewing from within the camp itself, can Kaleigh find a way to step up and become the leader everyone is counting on her to be, or will even the most carefully laid plans come crashing down around her?

message 17: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livvie_simone) Looking through the comments, as much as I think convergent is a pretty good idea, I think Resugent is the best possibility I've heard yet. It makes sense to 'rise again to life'. It was just revealed that everything they know and have lived by is pretty much just in this little bubble/expirement to the real world. Inside the fence. I think/hope that in the next book they will travel outside the fence to see what the whole world is really like. Therefore being like another life or a new beginning and I think Resurgent fits that well... but you never know what Veronica will pull on us :)

message 18: by Marilyn (last edited Jan 05, 2013 05:53AM) (new)

Marilyn Anderson (Marilyn344) | 30 comments When I read Insurgent for the 2nd time, I read over the word emerge at the second to last page and I had a red flag in my mind come up...

"The reason I am leaving footage for you is so that you know when it's time to help us...Once they become abundant among you, your leaders should give the command for Amnity to unlock the gate forever, so that you may emerge from your isolation."

But I still think Convergent is the most likely, and then Emergent

message 19: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie (MLsimpsonPhD) | 1 comments My vote is for Convergent. I think it will definitively be an "urgent." The publisher would miss out on a great marketing opportunity the title doesn't rhyme with Divergent.

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ashkenazy (rebashk) | 63 comments Mod
I think convergent because its the opposite/antonym of divergent. Isn't that cool? It all ties back together. And they're going to have to all join together so yeah. My bets on convergent!