Nancy Drew Readers discussion

Books > Nancy Drew graphic novels

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (Empress_Charla) | 335 comments Mod
Have you read the Nancy Drew graphic novels? I've read 4 of them, and they're pretty good! The artwork isn't that great, but the story lines are good. I'm going to start reading #5 - The Fake Heir.

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith What are they?

message 3: by Charmaine (new)

Here's what they look like.

Nancy Drew #1 The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew Girl Detective) by Stefan Petrucha The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew Graphic Novels Girl Detective #5) by Stefan Petrucha

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (Swimmer4life) | 3 comments I should read those because, I enjoyed the baby sitters club graphic novels. They're easy to read.

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Pryor (jep923) | 18 comments no i haven't but i might read them soon.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (Gltteryfun) I have not read the series the comic sereies yet but i bet they are good.

message 7: by Charmaine (new)

They're good, although not as good as the classic Nancy Drew books with the yellow covers on them. If you do decide to read them, I highly recommend "The Fake Heir", book #5. There's a surprise when Nancy finds out who the bad guy is! It's really cool, and I rate it 5 stars. :-)

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Pryor (jep923) | 18 comments cool thanks!

message 9: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Have any of you read HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE???? It is a REALLY good fantasy book. It is about a plain, boring, hat decorator, who gets turned into an old women. And it's about a vain, bratty, beautiful wizard. And it's ALSO about an alive fire. All in all, it's a very good book. The third on is about a girl named Charmain, if it interests you.

message 10: by Charmaine (new)

I've read Howl's Moving Castle! It's pretty good! I'd like to read the other books, too. That's so cool that there's a girl named Charmain in the 3rd book. ;-)

message 11: by Meredith (new)

Meredith PRETTY good????????????????? Are my ears clogged up or did I just hear you say "pretty good"?????????
THAT BOOK IT AMAZING, WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, AWESOME etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Meredith (new)

Meredith SORRRRRRRY about that!!! I'm sure your judgment of the book is perfectly fine. I just have HIGH standerds if you hadn't noticed :) I love that book so much that I can get quite carried away while talking about it.

message 13: by Charmaine (new)

That's okay, Meredith! :-) I like some other books more than "Howl's Moving Castle", but it is still a good book. ;-) I will definitely read the other books in that series!

message 14: by Meredith (new)

Meredith :) Yes, my dad felt the same way. I have a fan club you might enjoy. No pressure though..

message 15: by Charmaine (new)

Thanks for letting me know about it. :-)

message 16: by Meredith (new)

Meredith No prob!

message 17: by ☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (last edited May 16, 2009 09:53PM) (new)

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (OceanGirl300) well my mom won't let me read any Nancy drew books if its not classic ones ,so how is the book like ?

message 18: by Charmaine (new)

Basically the stories are more modernized. There was one mystery when this micro chip thing got stolen. And as I said in the "old vs. new books" topic, Bess is a mechanic person, George is an electronics person, and Nancy is pretty much the same, except she's forgetful at times. She seems a bit more bold, too (willing to take risks). If you don't read the comics, you're not missing out on a lot. ;-) The original books are much better than the comics, but the comics are still fun to read. If you do get to read them in the future, I recommend "The Fake Heir". That one was really interesting, and the end of the mystery is a surprise! :-)

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (OceanGirl300) sounds good what do they look like ?

message 20: by Meredith (new)

Meredith anyway! :)

message 21: by Charmaine (new)

Cailynn wrote: "sounds good what do they look like ?
"

Go look at the top of this topic, and you'll see a post made by me that shows the front covers of the books. :-) The front covers look pretty nice, but the art work during the story doesn't look all that great (some of the art work looks sloppy!).

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie yeah it does. they dont look good.

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (OceanGirl300) oh they look ok

message 24: by Noelle (new)

Noelle (MissNoelleRenee) | 47 comments They are like The Nancy Drew Girl Detective Stories. But I like them I have read them ALL the new wbook is on hold at the library now.....

message 25: by Charmaine (new)

I like most of them, too. I requested #11 Monkey Wrench Blues at the library, so hopefully I'll get to read it soon!

message 26: by Briahna (new)

Briahna  Lynne (briahnalynnehollingshead) hm!

message 27: by Anika (new)

Anika Charmaine wrote: "Here's what they look like.

Nancy Drew #1 The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew Girl Detective) by Stefan Petrucha The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew Graphic Novels Girl Detective #5) by Stefan Petrucha"

Oh! I read one of those I think it was called Mr.Cheeters is Missing or something like that.

message 28: by Briahna (new)

Briahna  Lynne (briahnalynnehollingshead) Are they like the regular books?

message 29: by Charmaine (new)

Briahna wrote: "Are they like the regular books?"

They are completely different stories from the regular books. They are modernized and completely in comic book format. They're fun to read, but as always, nothing beats the original Nancy Drew books. :-)

message 30: by Charmaine (new)

Anika wrote:

Oh! I read one of those I think it was called M..."

I read that one, too! It was pretty good. It's the one about a monkey, right?

message 31: by Anika (new)

Anika Lol yup! I enjoyed that one alot. I plan to read more in the future :)

message 32: by Annice22 (last edited Jul 21, 2011 03:19PM) (new)

Annice22 | 8 comments I had no idea there were any Nancy Drew graphic novels. I just added them to my wishlist. I'm going to try to get a couple.

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie Cool! :D

message 34: by Charmaine (new)

I have read most of them :-) except the very latest one!

message 35: by Shayleigh (new)

Shayleigh (Shelsi) | 28 comments I've only read the first book from this series that I got from the library. I liked it, and I actually liked the way the characters looked. The mystery was great too! I still prefer the normal books though.

message 36: by Charmaine (new)

I prefer the normal books, too, but the comics are fun and a quick read. :-)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, the original books, are much more interesting then the comic books.

message 38: by Charmaine (new)

Very true, Sierra! The comics are fun to read, but the story is usually shallow and pretty short.

message 39: by Jeremy Aldrin (new)

Jeremy Aldrin (SmilingCat01) | 1 comments OOhh.. I have read those... Yeah the characters looks aren't that cool, but it's so GOOD! You must try it, eh!

message 40: by Meg (new)

Meg Queenz (megqueenz) | 7 comments I've read some of the Nancy Drew comics and I agree with most of you; the graphics are a bit sloppy, but the plots and characters are pretty cool.