What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > a boy being haunted by ghost who wants revenge on the boys grandfather for being part of a group that killed him for stealing their money years ago and the ghost already killed the boy's best friend's dad for being part of the group

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by lila (last edited Nov 07, 2012 02:35PM) (new)

lila mac (goodreaderhaha) | 3 comments the book is about a boy, i don't know his name, and one day he's walking home from school when he hears a voice in his head and its a ghosts voice. the ghost was i don't remember, a city council member maybe? Years ago he laundered a bunch of families money, so a group of men, including the boy whose being haunted's grandfather broke him out of jail and killed him. Now his ghost is haunting the boy and at one point almost makes the boy kill his grandfather with a bat, until his best friend stops him. His best friend's dad died i think in the beginning or before the book started. His dad was part of the group that caused the ghosts death, and i think the ghost made him walk of a high platform at a construction site. and there was one part where the boy and his best friend and his other friend i think is named Sam, who the ghost refers to as the boy's girlfriend walk into an empty building and find the ghost's corpse hanging from the ceiling. i only remember bits and pieces of this book as i read it years ago, but i remember i liked it a lot and I've been trying to find it for awhile. i don't know the title or the author and i really want to read this book again, if you know any information, please tell me anything about the book.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6960 comments Mod
Was this a YA or an Adult book? And long ago did you read it? And boy, do you remember a LOT about this book. :o) Hope someone can ID it for you. (Oh, was it horror, or a PN-mystery?)

message 3: by lila (new)

lila mac (goodreaderhaha) | 3 comments PN mystery, and it was young adult, do you have any idea what it could be i think i read it one or two years ago.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6960 comments Mod
No I don't recognize it Lila, wish I did as it looks really interesting.

Those are just things that I thought might help with finding it. And if you don't get it found right away--don't dispair. We get new members all the time--and old members checking back in again after taking breaks etc.

Sometimes books are I.D.ed right away--other times it takes a while. I had one book that was found right away (first post after my question, in fact) and I've got others that are years old and I'm still waiting on and hoping . . .

message 5: by lila (new)

lila mac (goodreaderhaha) | 3 comments ok well thanks anyways!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20648 comments Mod
Lila, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20648 comments Mod
No response, moving to Abandoned.