Artemis masterminds discussion

characters dying

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i was sooooooo mad at eon colfer when i read that holly was dead and artemis jus left her there then i had to jus pick it up and read more ya no how artemis fowl books r like that and i read that she was alive but otherwise i dont think that i would ever read artemis fowl again cause she was one of my fav characters and when root dyed i thought i was gonna faint he's my fav so im still kinda mad at eon colfer

message 2: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) ***SPOILER***

i was really sad then commander root died...cuz i really liked him. he was really funny and added a lot to the books.

message 3: by Haley (last edited Feb 17, 2009 04:42PM) (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments when did she die? dont worry about spoilers, ive read them all. if you havent read time paradox, (6th artemis fowl) you havent even begun to get mad at characters yet. *evil grin*

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 86 comments sniff sniff..... Day is done, Gone the sun.....

message 5: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments i didn't like commander root UNTIL he died, which, i know, is weird, but he just seemed so...likable when he is giving his life up for her. = )
Artemis better not die, or im gonna blackmail eion colfer.!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i know and sorry bout the spoilers if anyone didnt know and to haley im very scared to read the time parodox *gulp* im waiting for it from my library (stupid slow librarians)

message 7: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *high fives emma* Yay for Taps! u still in GS, or no? i am, and proud of it ^^

message 8: by enjoi (new)

enjoi | 8 comments i got it stuck in my head after camp this summer

message 9: by Haley (last edited Feb 23, 2009 10:06AM) (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments Gigi, your right to be afraid of reading time paradox...i wasn't ready for the things that happened and wow, its such a AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!1 lol.

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, try playing it, reville, and Star Spangled Banner for 10 days of the summer. u get them stuck running through ur head w/o the words ^^

message 11: by Ali (new)

Ali (AlitheGreat) | 7 comments Haley wrote: "i didn't like commander root UNTIL he died, which, i know, is weird, but he just seemed so...likable when he is giving his life up for her. = )
Artemis better not die, or im gonna blackmail eion ..."

I think it's kind of impossible to kill the main character... especially when the series is NAMED after them...

message 12: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments i agree with Haley!time paradox is quite a happy ending!once you finish read it, you want to read next book(even eoin haven't made it) or read it again.

message 13: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *stabs happy endings* srry... they're just overused. AND they drive me nuts once in a while ^^

message 14: by Sakureiru (last edited Mar 03, 2009 05:51AM) (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments why?
everyone love a happy ending...imo..

message 15: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i dont love happy endings... *sigh* they're just too... i dunno, happy i guess...

message 16: by Aryll (last edited Mar 04, 2009 03:52PM) (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments snowsong: if u dont like happy endings, try reading the Alex Rider series, the Gatekeeper's series, or the Uglies series. Alot of the endings for those books are cliff-hanger/not very happy type endings. if u plan on reading the uglies series Do Not read the last line before you finish the book, it will spoil everything.

message 17: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ive read alex rider through to Scorpia... and dropped it a few pages into Scorpia. I didnt hv the time or interest to read it... And i read the Uglies series. the fourth one made me mad cuz it was just completely random. i LOVED the Midnighters series by Westerfield though! the end of the series had me confused for a few pages, but i LOVED it!!! im excited rite now bcuz the 5th Gardella Vampire Chronicles book is in my friend's possesion rite now, and i get it by friday!! *grins* now THAT is some quality writing there XD

message 18: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments I'm on the 7th Alex Rider book (Snakehead)
I liked Extras, you got to see what the Mind Rain turned the world into, and you got to see Tally from a differnt perspective.
i loved midnighters too, but the ending of Blue Noon was sad...
Have u read Peeps / Parasite Positive?

message 19: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) no, i hvnt read those... i was confused by the end of blue noon, but then i figured out what had happened and cried... then sighed cuz the book was ovr ^^

message 20: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments yeah, the ending to Blue Noon was, in my opinion, really sad. especially w/beth saying good-bye to Jess. and i cried too.

message 21: by Haley (last edited Mar 05, 2009 01:40PM) (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments hmmm...interesting selections...yes, there are too many happy endings, but i think that endings like door within 3# out of 3, although like EVERYBODY died, it was still a happy ending. i still cry at the ending where the 3 main characters have the choice to die or not...

message 22: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) i write not happy endings... which makes me happy, if nothing else ^^

message 23: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments snowsong, let me get this straight, u write nonhappy-making endings, and that makes u happy?

message 24: by enjoi (new)

enjoi | 8 comments snowsong your counfusing
so yeah

message 25: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) Actually, when I read that Root died, I pretty much thought something like 'It takes a real man to kill off major characters.' Then with Holly's 'death' I felt an empty pit in my stomach. 'That's going too far.' But when Holly was revived, part of me was going 'Oh, Eoin, you are a weanie after all,' while the other half was going, 'YOU ARE AWESOME.'
xD I shut up now.

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol zaywex! and yes aryll, the nonhappy endings make me happy. happy ending r SO overused! course, i guess to actually write a happy ending, i kinda gotta finish a story, dont i? but the few endings i hv planned out arent that happy... lol, one of them, the bad guys r gonna win ^^

message 27: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments definition of 'happy ending' is different from one to another. for me, happy ending means, main character will live happily ever after with their own couple.

message 28: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments my definition of a "happy ending" is one where the majoity of the main characters survive and any danger is gone.
but i do agree w/snowsong, happy endings are over used

message 29: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) my def of happy ending is basically the same as you guys's... and i prefer wen books go more like life: things hv to suck once in a while. i guess im just more of a realist...

message 30: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) Happy endings are like 'everything is resolved, or a few characters find a pocket of happiness despite bad things' too, right?
But, oh my gosh. I love tragedy. I sit around thirsting for a happy ending and then realize I'm enjoying the misery. Probably because I get hooked on characters. I think I'm the biggest sap when it comes to anything remotely sad. I remember this one time I spent the whole time criticizing how goofy and fake the acting of this 80's movie was and then a character shot himself and I started hiccuping. <:/

message 31: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, nice. i tend to cry wen characters die, but... it still makes me smile inside. i guess i like sad/unhappy endings cuz they prove that all is NOT perfect in story land ^^

message 32: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) Tragedies make me feel strongly. Sort of like that flash of anger you get with the pain when you jam your finger, etc. Sort of spices things up, huh?
But humor's def better! Prolly(yeah yeah, probably) why I tend to go that way even writing serious stuff.
I'm finally watching Pink Panther 2 (the new one. The old stuff I already watched.)
Thinking about the old pink panther, the scene where Cluseau's boss is about to be released and he ends up losing his hat and getting soaked b/c Cluseau(sp?) visited always makes me laugh.
But the new stuff is more hit than miss.
Sorry, that really digressed.

message 33: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, s'okay ^^ i LOVE pink panther! though i think i like the old stuff better, but the new is pretty good too ^^ i think its... Crusseau? i dunno. i know who ur talkin bout though ^^

message 34: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) Ah, whatever, doesn't matter much.
It was awesome x) I think I laughed to hard though.

message 35: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments Zaywex, you look like loving a story with a emotional end. you know what i mean....like you said end with tragic with the main character die or something related that...(am i right?)

message 36: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, i like to make up new endings for stories... generally where one or more of the main characters die. like... this series im reaeding rite now, the main character should die and the two guys that r trying to court her (she likes em both ^^) should "go at it" if u get my meaning ^^ and i wouldnt be surprised if the author wrote something like that in the book, lol!

message 37: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) Yeah, xD. I really teared up during Camelot and Things Fall Apart.
Though it's more like I cry at the climax.
--
Ah, snowsong, are you a yaoi fan girl?

message 38: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yaoi fan girl? me? ... i kinda hv this vendetta against manga/anime, but yaoi can be... amusing, to say the least ^^ trust me, its funnier wen its yaoi rape ^^

message 39: by Jocelyn (last edited Mar 09, 2009 09:54PM) (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) ._.;; rape... funny?
--
Why against anime and manga? Racial slurs? Not studying up on their subject? Too much of the same stuff? Just connotations? Can't sit down and read it? Die-hard 'read stuff not look at it'? Too overly emotional? Perverted? Jokes not funny? Inconvenient? The fans(now there's a more hypocritical one)? Or what?
Don't take that as an insult. Just curious since I like anime and manga. Personally, I just dislike American Comics. Like, not the funnies, webcomics, etc, but stereotypical stuff like Marvel comics. It's like some 'see things through rose-tinted glass' switch gets turned on and I end up clenching my fist at the superficial characters. Sort of hypocritical that way. xD
--
:P I'm long winded.

message 40: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) u must understand about the rape part... it was in a book i read, not a manga or anything... as for WHY i dislike anime and manga... *thinks* I guess its mainly because a LOT of my frends r like "OMG Heather, read these NOW!" and i dont really want to... plus, the ones they used to try to force on me were the uber-girly ones, and thats not the type of stuff i like, so i decided not to like them. i think there's a total of... *counts* 4 or 5 that i read avidly wen i think about it. the content duznt bother me or anything though, as i tend to read the ones that i would NOT allow my younger sister to read. i used to think of them as just backwards comic books, but now... *shrugs* i think its just my frends pushing them on me a few yrs ago, and then i set myself against manga and anime. *grins* i think my glasses r rose tinted, cuz if i turn my head a certain way, the light behind me reflects pink XD and trust me, ur not the only long-winded one around here ^^ *points at post* XD

message 41: by Aryll (new)

Aryll (things_change) | 539 comments i dont really care for manga or anime.....idk y. i just dont.

message 42: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) lol, cool.
-
THANK GODS FOR THAT.
-
What about TV shows? Comic books? Webcomics? Funnies? RPGing?
What type of story-ish stuff do you like?
I'm not much about TV shows. Like, I watch them and get hooked, but they're annoying to catch up to, and continue watching for a whole hour at one time, or find online. Web comics depend on the story. Funnies are hit or miss. I like a certain type of RPGing but you can't do it online ;_;
-
I'M CURIOUS NOW!!! >0

message 43: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, tv shows as in anime, or just tv in general? cuz i mostly cant stand the anime shows... they're just kinda repetetive and not interesting to me. *shrugs* as for american tv shows, i prefer shows like CSI, NCIS, House, Law and Order... crime scene type shows. and a few qubo shows... if u dont hv that channel, b thankful. i think the ppl who run it r possibly on crack >< not a big reader of comic books, though spider girl is rather interesting at the moment. dont read webcomics, and dont get the paper to read the funnies there. lol, if u knew how much time i spen online rping, u wouldnt hv to ask me bout that XD i rp in a Maximum Ride based RPG here on goodreads XD. story-ish stuff: nearly anything fiction, SOME non-fiction. historical fiction is REALLY good, as are most vampire novels i've read *thinks of gardella* eh heh... vampire-slayer/romance novels rock ^^

message 44: by Sakureiru (new)

Sakureiru | 219 comments speaking of anime/manga, what anime do you think look like artemis-story?
i mean, charater or story with some cool-crime(like in artemis novel series)

message 45: by Haley (new)

Haley (glorywings00) | 47 comments ANime is so weird...the max ride RPG is way too long to keep up with! its too much work, im in the Teen Fantasy one though. not as much work but ppl slack and dont respond. im waiting for a character to act and they arent. grr

message 46: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, i skim what i dont NEED to know in the mr rp. i need to prod sum ppl to update summs though... like myself XD and thats kinda my only rp... im in afew othrs, but theyre a LOT less busy *sigh* some of them hvnt been active since DECEMBER, lol! some anime is okay... but most of it i dont rlly care for. and i dunno enuf anime/mange to answer ur q Sakureiru... srry

message 47: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) I like intriguing stuff like Monk and Psych. I remember really liking Redwall season one, which inspired me to read the books. xD
--
You don't read webcomics? That's so sad1 -tear-
I'm gonna recommend two, check them out or not.
Vampire Phantasm, The Awakened. :0
--
I used to have a lot of fun RPing, like writing stories together, but I can never get partners....
--
Anime is weird. It's nonsensical. But books are weird(Gaiman), and movies are weird (a remote to the world!) and everything's weird(I'm weird). :0 Although I've got to say, I don't think I'll ever find a book (besides the one in Japanese, oh snap!) about a bludgeoning angel. Then again, the Japanese are weird. xD Idk.

message 48: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i def prefer the crime scene shows. they hv given me the perfect murder plot, if i could just come up with a way to dispose of the body ^^
----
I dont rlly hv tons of time to read comics... plus, reading on the computer isnt that great for my eyes and i shouldnt spend NEARLY as much time on as i do ><
------
There're so many ppl in the max ride RP that its almost nvr dull... cept for about 3 in the morning here, wen even the CA ppls hv gone to bed, lol!
-----
Im rlly not a big fan of anime, lol. and btw zaywex, normalcy is VASTLY overrated ^^ join me in the Club of Weird! It's, uh... weird, lol! bludgeoning angel? ooh, that sounds like fun! where can i find one? *begs for book title* lol!

message 49: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Lee (iJKLm) No, not so much the crime scene stuff, but the OCD and 'fake psychic' part are interesting to me. Like, Dogma and Groundhogs day. That's the type of stuff I like.
--
Max Rider = have not read.
--
It's Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, but it's in Japanese so yeah....
--
I like writing the best though...

message 50: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Dogma? as in, the movie? cuz that movie was amazing. in a tongue-and-cheek sorta way ^^
----------------------------
*jaw drops* u hvnt reaed max ride?! go read it ^^
---
dang it. i dont read japanese... it looks cool though ^^
---
yep yep, writing is fun and wonderful. not to mention, a good outlet for anger and emotions ^^

« previous 1