Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Recommendations > Good Book For Sunny Vacation

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby | 2 comments I'm looking for a good Picoult or other book to take to Mexico for a light and fun read. I've only read My Sister's Keeper and Nineteen Minutes. Can anyone give me a good, fast & fun read?

I'm hoping my message didn't post 2x b/c the first time I tried posting, there was an error message.
Thanks!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) | 75 comments Abby,

None of Jodi Picoult's are light reads. They are intense, emotional, and involve serious moral issues . But I think you might like "Keeping Faith" by Jodi Picoult.

message 3: by Britta (new)

Britta (brittaditta) | 24 comments I'm reading Picture Perfect right now and I feel that it is MUCH lighter than the 7 other books of hers that I've read so far. Take that one to Mexico... enjoy your trip!

message 4: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 23 comments I agree that as much as I love Picoult books they're not light and sunny. They are totally engrossing though so having a lot of uninterrupted time to read one might not be a bad thing. Have a great trip!

message 5: by Kathy McC (new)

Kathy McC | 36 comments I just finished Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. It's not really a light/fun read, but it's a quick read. Historic fiction about the love affair between Frank Lloyd Wright and Mamah Cheney.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Avery | 15 comments Vanishing Acts is not light and fluffy, but it's so interesting you won't want to put it down. Pretty much all of her books are this way though, so choose any of them!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

the tenth circle.

message 8: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yayajanuary) | 20 comments Well so far what I think is a lighter reading of Jodi's work is Mercy. Although I have to agree with others, reading Jodi's book require emotions.