Books2Movies Club discussion

Ayn Rand
This topic is about Ayn Rand
Spotlighted Reads > Movies & Books - Fountainhead & The Forsaken

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken (last edited Oct 27, 2012 08:07AM) (new)

Ken | 57 comments I have read Ayn Rand's book the "Fountainhead" and I just found out that there was a movie about it in black and white.

I have read Ayn Rand's book "We the living" and I know that a movie based on it was made in Italy with English sub-titles. It was with Musolinis (can't spell) blessing until he realized that it was downing communism, and facism. He banned the movie even though it was very popular in Italy during the war. It can be gotten on dvd.

I read a book called "The Forsaken" by Tim Tzouliadis. It mentioned a movie "Mission to Moscow". It was made during the depression era and since many Americans left the USA for a new dream in Russia they were very badly mistaken. The movie was mostly a propaganda movie.

Has anyone else read these books or seen the movies?

message 2: by William (new)

William Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Coffee and TV section.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken | 57 comments Yeah I guess it can, but since I just got here so to speak I didn't think about that part.

Also I wouldn't know how to move it or if I should just go there and start it again.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken | 57 comments William wrote: "Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Coffee and TV section."

I moved this to coffee and tv

message 5: by Zeljka (last edited Oct 29, 2012 01:04AM) (new)

Zeljka (ZTook) | 1998 comments Mod
I am sorry - I was offline this weekend so had just right now seen the post - made thread corrections as required ;)

I didn't know for any of these movies - wasn't aware Ayn Rand is so popular with filmmakers till now! Sounds interesting, really.

EDIT: I could put only one author on the top of the topic, so the second one is only mentioned in the title. Sorry for confusion :/