Ladies who love Laurell discussion

question about asher?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Micallef | 2 comments Hi all.

im very sad of the way was treated asher in the book kiss of dead. i know he did something bad, but to send him in other country i didnt like it. asher is my fav.

any news if he going to appear in affliction the next book of anita blake.

what your thought on asher you like him, hate him?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I love Asher because he creates conflict and gives some depth to the story. I hate Asher because he sabotages himself left and right with no remorse or concept that he is his own worst enemy.

When he left he knew he was essentially being punished for his behavior and he accepted it, but my fear is that while he is gone he will forget that this 'exile' was his own doing and he'll begin to resent it then plot heinous acts because he'll feel slighted.

I haven't been keeping up with LKH's tweets, FB page or blog, so I don't know if he is in the next book, but I believe it's unlikely.

message 3: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 55 comments he was sent to another city, not another country. they've been having issues with him and his "behavior" lately. It was done as punishment, but in a way it benefits him because the city he's going to has hyenas (his animal to call). By rights he could have been killed, but Jean Claude let him live instead.

It will be interesting to see how things go with him in another city. I'd like to see Richard & the red headed vampire (Anita's vampire & part of her 3) (can't remember his name) have a bigger role, and definately more Jean Claude.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Micallef | 2 comments i wish to see more asher and hope that LKM doesn't forget about him, and write his improvement on the next book and maybe find someone special for him to live with

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mlsimmons) So far, I haven't seen anything about Asher in tweets, Facebook posts, or blogs. I won't say I follow everything LKH posts, but I see the vast majority of them.

In the next book, we get to see Micah's family. :)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments missyb the red headed vampire is Damien

message 7: by Averin (new)

Averin Sounds like she was going to destroy Damian but has reconsidered.

message 8: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 55 comments Amanda wrote: "missyb the red headed vampire is Damien"

Thanks, had a brain cramp.

message 9: by Becca (new)

Becca Hall | 9 comments Even though I love Asher, he is doing my nuts in!! They are being to soft with him. So I think It’s a wise choice for him to go to another city for a while.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (MyasMom) | 8 comments I agree Becca. Asher has gotten away with enough childish and bad behavior. I was hoping for more of a punishment but I don’t want him to be gone forever. He needs his hands slapped. I am surprised Anita didn’t hurt him after what he did to her. She usually gets way more pissed with even less.

message 11: by Becca (new)

Becca Hall | 9 comments Rebecca wrote: "I agree Becca. Asher has gotten away with enough childish and bad behavior. I was hoping for more of a punishment but I don’t want him to be gone forever. He needs his hands slapped. I am surprised..."
Yeh tottaly argee with you. I don’t want him gone as I love Asher but he needs to go away for a while. Okay maybe just for 1 book, but still just go away for a while then we can have him back :) hehe

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (MyasMom) | 8 comments Becca wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "I agree Becca. Asher has gotten away with enough childish and bad behavior. I was hoping for more of a punishment but I don’t want him to be gone forever. He needs his hands slapped..."

Yes...and he needs a good spanking!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) He likes much more severe punishments than a mere spanking. lol

message 14: by Becca (new)

Becca Hall | 9 comments A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) wrote: "He likes much more severe punishments than a mere spanking. lol"

Haha he more than likely will like the spanking haha :)

message 15: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 88 comments I love Asher but lately he's been pissing me off.

message 16: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments he is so insecure and self centered. sigh. he is a perpetual adolescent.