Goodreads Feedback discussion

Official iOS and Android Apps > Usernames disappearing on iphone app

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) | 180 comments I took this screenshot last night to showcase that the usernames of my friends who have their profiles connected to Facebook, only show up as "facebook user" on the app.

Unless Facebook has suddenly become a sentient being and friend of mine, I feel this is a bug that will get remedied soon..hopefully. I keep my fingers crossed that a drastically improved updated will be released for the iOS soon, since it borders on useless beyond aesthetics.

Photobucket

message 2: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) | 180 comments As an addition: love the new update, huge step-up from the previous release! But, it would still be awesome to get a fix to this bug I posted..

message 3: by Kara (last edited Oct 27, 2012 11:46AM) (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Tiffani wrote: "I took this screenshot last night to showcase that the usernames of my friends who have their profiles connected to Facebook, only show up as "facebook user" on the app.

Unless Facebook has sudden..."

Hmm, that does seem odd. I can't seem to replicate it yet, so additional information might help. You're on the newest version of the app, correct? How exactly did you get to this screen with "Facebook user"? Do you have any idea which friend this is?

message 4: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) | 180 comments Kara - I'm on the newest update, yes. There's no way to 'reply' to a comment via it so I hope you see this.

I checked again just now to make sure it was still acting like this.

From main screen: Friends > Mike
When it loads his profile his name disappears and everything is labeled 'Facebook User'

message 5: by Kara (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Tiffani wrote: "Kara - I'm on the newest update, yes. There's no way to 'reply' to a comment via it so I hope you see this.

I checked again just now to make sure it was still acting like this.

From main screen:..."

Very helpful, thank you! This has been reported to our iPhone development team, so we should be able to remedy it in a future update.

message 6: by Ettore (new)

Ettore Pasquini | 184 comments Hey Tiffani, I'm having problems reproducing this bug but I may have found a fix. It's a server-side problem, so once I commit the fix you'll be able to see your friend's name again.

message 7: by Tima (new)

Tima (tsunanisaurus) | 180 comments That's great, Ettore! Well, not great that you guys can't replicate it but great that it has a potential fix! Thanks for looking into this :)

message 8: by Ettore (new)

Ettore Pasquini | 184 comments This has been fixed. Whenever we push the fix to the live website (likely today, but not sure), you'll see it. Thanks for reporting this problem!