Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Stephanie E's 50 Books in '09

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:05PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #1
I'm on my way to reaching this goal!

Last weekend I read the first in Nora Robert's Chesapeake Bay Series, Sea Swept.

Ahh, a book series that takes place close to home. Who knew the Eastern Shore could be so dramatic? :)

message 2: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #2
Two days ago I finished Rising Tides, Nora Roberts Chesapeake Bay series #2.

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #3
Yesterday I read Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz.

Working in a library, I try to stay at least somewhat current with YA books and the Blue Bloods series is one I've been meaning to read for some time now.

The first book in the series is interesting, but it took me a while to get in to the story. For a while I wasn't certain I would want to finish the book. I wasn't clear who the primary character was, the story begins as an unbalanced ensemble piece. But after half way through the book everything started coming together and this became a fun read.

By the end I did actually care enough about the story that I'll pick up the second book Masquerade.

message 4: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #4
In January I read Stella Cameron's Cypress Nights.

This is my first Cameron book, but I liked it. The story takes place in Louisiana which provides a nice southern backdrop to the piece. I haven't really been interested in Southern culture before, I certainly haven't been to Louisiana. But my interest is sparked now and I would like to read more books that take place in this part of the country.

Looking around I've noticed Cameron has a few more books that take place in the same town as Cypress Nights. I'll definitely check them out.

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments Stephanie wrote: "In January I read Stella Cameron's Cypress Nights.

This is my first Cameron book, but I liked it. The story takes place in Louisiana which provides a nice southern backdrop to the piece. I haven't..."

A really fun book taking place in the South is Cold Sassy Tree.

message 6: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #5
Last night I finished Inner Harbor, book 3 in Nora Roberts Chesapeake Bay saga.

So far I like book three best in this series. Only one more to go, I'm looking to pick up Chesapeake Blue soon.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #6
This week I read French Twist by Roxanne St. Claire. I liked it, this story was espionage across the French countryside. :) Brought back my days in French classes.

message 8: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 20, 2009 01:20PM) (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #7
Last weekend I finished Promise in Death by JD Robb. Not the best one in the series but still good. This mystery didn't engage me this time, but the on-going off duty storyline was good. The time line has reached Louise's bridal shower and Charles's bachelor party. lol

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (slewell) | 8 comments #8
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I've finally started this series! It's been on my to read list for ages. Strong beginning, I like it. And the vampire mythology so far is great. It's okay, it's just a virus. ha!

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie (goodreadscomJulieK) | 125 comments Yay!! I can't get enough of this series! I love it!! I've read all 8 books that are out, and I'm anxious for the new one to come out. I'm already on the waiting list for it. ; ) I hope you like them, too.